Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wah...wah...wah..waaaaaaaaaah...

dgmodel

G_id541fid1.jpg

The mother of the late Notorious B.I.G., Volletta Wallace, has been forced to drop alleged gunman Harry Billups from a lawsuit stemming from the murder of her son. Rapper Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, Wallace was shot in Los Angeles in 1997.

Harry Billups, whose real name is Amir Muhammad, continued to contest his innocence in a recent pretrial deposition during which he offered to take a lie-detector test. Having suspiciously having never even been questioned by police, he was dismissed from the lawsuit.

Mystery has surrounded the drive-by shooting of the 24-year-old rapper, also known as Biggie Smalls, which occurred seven years ago as he left the Soul Train Music Awards at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

Volletta Wallace alleged back in 1997 that Billups was hired to murder her son by former Los Angeles police officer David Mack, who is currently serving a 14-year jail sentence for bank robbery. Billups has been reported to have visited his old college roommate, Mack, in prison and suspicions have continued to surround both his and the LAPD’s wider involvement in the murder.

David Mack has also been linked to Marion ‘Suge’ Knight, head of Death Row Records, who is suspected to have been similarly involved with the mysterious murder of Tupac Shakur in 1996. The timely shootings of both Tupac and Notorious B.I.G. surround the East and West coast rap war of the 1990’s, the powerful rap impresario Suge Knight, and the corruption within the LAPD, all of which is almost impossible to pin down.

Seven years since the murder of Notorious B.I.G. Valletta Wallace has realized the difficulty involved with proving such allegations. Wallace offered to settle the lawsuit against the LAPD for $105 million in August of this year, before lowering the amount to $18 million a month later, which was still refused by the Los Angeles City Council.

The lawsuit, due to start trial in April 2005, will be split into three stages and Wallace’s lawyers will first have to prove that David Mack orchestrated the murder of her son, a task which they will now find even harder after the allegations against the supposed gunman, Billups, have been dropped.

G_id541fid4.jpg