Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TIX: International Superstar DJ SASHA Announces CROBAR Residency, Fri Dec 3

Sasha, one of the most well-known and respected DJs in the world, takes the decks at crobar December 3RD 2004 to announce his new party FUNDACIÓN, taking place the first Friday of every month starting January 7th. This will be the start of his ground-breaking residency for 2005 at Crobar.

Sasha will be delivering these legendary sets on a new custom controller which allows him to remix and produce live in front of his fans. Sampling and looping will be taken to another level while fusing elements from multiple songs all at once. Sasha’s mixes take elements from across the spectrum of electronic dance, trance, breaks, progressive and deep house to create a hypnotic liquid groove.

Sasha takes the first steps in revolutionizing the big room DJ experience with his new Crobar residency FUNDACIÓN. Aaron James and Todd Mallis hold down the Reed Room and the Prop Room respectively with hip-hop, rock, classics.

$30 Advance / $40 Door

For advance tickets, click below.

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=10293&ref=cp

what did everyone think of International Superstar DJ SASHA last night? i think it was a smashing success. welcome back to NYC, sasha. stay a while!

not sure i understand the new technology behind the music at this point, but it seemed relatively seemless to my ears and feet and definitely had the trademark deep darkness i love sasha for.

see ya in january!

props to crobar, that is one class act. all you men in black suits - thank you.

- n

wish i could have been there..but im not too worried bc therell be plenty of more times...as far as his technology is concerned go to www.djsasha.com then click on "news" at the stop then "sasha announces new residencies"

FUNDACION will allow Sasha to build on the introduction of the latest dj technology and play his trademark sets, not on turntables or through a mouse connected to his Apple laptop, but rather on a new custom-made controller made specifically for his Ableton Live set-up for a 100% digital experience.

The new controller will allow Sasha to not only to exhibit his stellar track selection and mixing skills, but to literally produce and remix music live. With the ability to sample, loop, and fuse elements from multiple songs at once through digital technology, Sasha helping revolutionise the live DJ performance.

“I’m building a custom controller because I think the idea of DJing with a mouse isn’t very cool. Everything on the screen can be manipulated with this controller.†Sasha told LA City Beat. “The accessibility has taken some of the mystery away from DJing,†he continues. “I used to come to America and play for people; there was no way they could get those records, and so there was a uniqueness to my sound. Now it’s everywhere, but that pushes it to another level. The technology will move things forward and enable you to give unique performances every time you play. A set of turntables and a mixer is not enough now. It’s time to move on.â€

hope this helps