Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some recent shots I took...

elementx

I dont know if you read the other thread...

I am using the sony cyber shot p100

All photos were taken on different settings with different shutter times... And different aperature openings...

I dont have any filters for the camera yet...

The picture I took of the light in for forground and the skyline in the backround was set on 3 meter focal length so that the light almost looks fake bacause it is so clear and the backround focused second.... No filter... I think I set the camera on Cloudy...

The crane I have 3 different shots... 1 setting was sepia, another in BW and another in original...

The one of Queen Mary 2 it was actually pitch black outside. I left the shutter open for 2 seconds. Aperature of 1.0.

If anyone wants the original file let me know... I would be glad to send... They are all about 20x30 inches... Something like 2400 and something x 1900 and something pixels.

:)
That is a great shot!!!

I am still learning on this camera... And I can't wait to get a SLR digital when I can afford one...

To think some of my images came from such a small point and shoot camera is amazing. I didnt think these things could get the quality that I am getting...

So far I have taken about 500 skyline, and landscape shots... Most at night cause I love the color... And I love bridges... So I will be out the next chance that I have work traveling around getting bridges.

I think I am going to work on building a site to show some of my work... I have to find some time.

those are really nice quality pics. i was looking to buy another camera and the sony cybershot was one i was thinking of getting. cool!!

Like I said earlier... The originals are alot less grainy... I hate posting on here they dont come out as good... But the Cybershot is really nice once you learn how much it has to offer.

i surprised someone did not see you and think you were a terrorist.
All the pictures were taken from the dock of my power plant which is high security to begin with... And none of the pictures were taken with a flash...

Flash off... Just work with shutter speed and aperature.

s500
The only canons that I like are the SLRs and the Digital SLRs

I chose the sony more for size than anything. I wanted a camera that I could take anywhere and fit it into a small belt clip type case so I can grab shots of friends and I out doing what ever... Same with family affairs. I really didnt buy it for the shots that I took and posted here... But I found that it does take nice shots.

I want to get the Digital Canon SLR... I think it is like the D10 or something like that. I forget the name. But it is around $2,000... Not in my budget right now. But if I take my work further than just a hobby I will invest...

These photos that I posted had hardly any thought behind them and absulutely no set up. They were all fairly quick shots. I cant wait to have the time and money to actually set myself up to take nicer shots.