Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rottweilers

nycguy420

Has anyone ever owned a Rottweiler? Are they obedient and easy to train? I am moving out of my current apartment when the lease is up because I really want to get a dog and my landlord doesn't allow pets. I will probably be moving into a bigger place with access to a dog park nearby and possibly a small backyard. What are your opinions on the trainability of this breed.

I have a Rottweiler. He’s 165-170 lbs. He will be 5 on January 1st. I couldn’t ask for a better dog. He is extremely obedient, a big mush. He has a great temperament, and was easy to train. I took him to obedience school when he was 4 months and stopped when he was about 8-9 months. I always brought him around other dogs and kids and was very affectionate with him.

I have a Rottweiler. He’s 165-170 lbs. He will be 5 on January 1st. I couldn’t ask for a better dog. He is extremely obedient, a big mush. He has a great temperament, and was easy to train. I took him to obedience school when he was 4 months and stopped when he was about 8-9 months. I always brought him around other dogs and kids and was very affectionate with him.

how many dogs to do u have? :shaky:

Cool, did you get your Rottie from a breeder? I heard that if I'm gonna get one I should get it from a breeder to avoid tempermant problems and stuff like that. It definately puts me at ease to hear they are really obedient. I can't imagine trying to stop an out of control Rottie thats 170lbs. The dog would outweigh me. How much food do they eat per month? I'm still trying to pick which breed would be right for me to own. I love the way Rotties look especially when they're puppies but I'm still worried about they're size and if they will be ok living in a large apartment or small house. I'm thinking because it's such a big dog it would eat a ton of food and I would probably have to exercise it a lot. How often do you exercise your dog? I have two other roomates with different schedules so I could just have one of them take the dog to the dog park I guess. How much is obedience school and how often do you go to it? Is it like once a week or something like that? Could you recommend a good obedience school in the New York area. Thanks.