Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fall Into X'ESS: JONENE | JAMES CURD (GREENSKEEPERS) | ACIDMAN

xesschicago

friday, december 10th, 2004

x'ess entertainment and zentra nightclub present:

Sweet & LowDown

featuring:

Jonene / stompy.com

One of the seminal artists in the funky disco house scene San Francisco has become known for, Jonny Phelps, under the production names Jonene, Jonny Kaboom and 65th St. Hustlers, has played a key role as an artist, promoter and producer for more than twelve years. Well known for his deep, funky house laden with disco beats and smooth grooves, Jonene says, "I see my music as dark and sexy�I go from laid-back vocals to heavy bass lines to bouncy stuff. I like to keep it flowing and energetic." During the late 90's as Jonene was beginning to amass residencies; he also began touring extensively, picking up club dates all over the U.S. and around the world, including stops at venues in Europe, South America, Australia and the Far East. Always balancing a steady stream of releases with a hectic performance agenda, Jonene has released material through numerous U.S. and European outlets since 1992. His tracks have appeared on such imprints as Belgium's celebrated Aroma Records, the Midwest's up-and-coming Muzique Boutique label, Doubledown, Scenic, Afterschool, Panhandle, Safe In Sound, Roam, Cider, i Records, and Tronicsole.

James Curd / Greenskeepers

The man behind the musical madness is whip-cracker James Curd. One part man, one part machine, James is a virtual tour de force when it comes to the vinyl-though he lives entirely on cheeseburgers. He's pumped out album after album on his three labels: Greenskeepers, G- Swing and Igloo, and the critics are lovin' it McD style. In his spare time, he's a jet set DJ spaking dancefloors from Sydney to Tokyo to Paris and everywhere in between. His background reads like a Who's Who of House Playing along side Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Diz and Gene Ferris, even back in the day when he still had a fake ID. And as co- founder of Greenskeepers Music with patner-in-crime Nick Maurer, he keeps the whole cre churnin' and burnin' in the studio; at the club and on the decks. What's the secret behind all his drive? Some people have God, but for James, it's Gan.

Acidman/ Chicago

In the Chance VIP Room:

Sushi

Jonathon Rualo

Alex Zelenka

w/ Edmund on Sax

Zebidiah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Residents:

Sativa & Jay-funk / hip hop & old school

s&ld resident dj

TBA / house

x’ess resident dj

X'ESS Hosted VIP Cocktail Reception from 9 - 10pm!

Drink Specials::

$4 Shots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest list rules:

Free before 10

$5 10 -11

$10 11 - midnight

$15 afterwards

GuestList Available at:

www.xessentertainment.com

Zentra Nightclub

923 Weed St..

Chicago, IL

21+ ID Required