Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where to live in chicago..

visionz53

yeah not my style...id love to be in the city...not surroundings..nice and clean,low crime...like 20something professionals if u get what im saying i like to go out alot to lounges and some clubs, not like crazy clubs though...i guess id like a trendy area w/ nice restaurants and lounges and stuff...thanks again! :)

I love living up in Wrigleyville right off of Ashland/Addison (even though i am a Whitesox fan) but the el is very convenient, Southport st. bars are very nice and alot of restaurants around, plus it is definately a 21+ professional area. Its like a nice neighborhood with all the perks of living in the city.

--Alex--

is it in the city? i know some cities you dont want to live in the actual city....is it like new york where you would? i apologize i just dont know the area at all...are there highrises? i would like an elevator building with a doorman if possible if you know what i mean..

is it in the city? i know some cities you dont want to live in the actual city....is it like new york where you would? i apologize i just dont know the area at all...are there highrises? i would like an elevator building with a doorman if possible if you know what i mean..

aahhh.........i see....

well the downtown DOWNTOWN is not my cup of tea.....

I rarely get down there so I guess I am not your best source for answers

If I were you I wouldn't live down there cause the trains take you pretty much exactly where you want to go but its up to you.

I guess look for River North or Gold Coast areas.

Try looking in chicagoreader.com

To much money for a small place

To many bums hounding you for money

Traffic and congestion is a bitch

The outskirts of downtown DOWNTOWN is so much better

People are little bit friendlier

Can get to DOWNTOWN in 5 minutes

and all the street parties and outside BBQ's are out here not down there in the freakin' jungle

Your financial situation will have a lot to do with where you live.

If you can afford to live Downtown or in "Lincoln Park", great.

Mabye areas like "Wrigleyville", which is probebly one of the best areas or "Wicker Park", "Buck Town & Old Town" just northwest of Downtown. Or you can head north to "Up Town" or the "Lakeview & Rogers Park" area.

Also in the West & South loop areas there are lots of new places leasing. They are really trying revitalize these areas.

The further you get from downtown the cheaper the real estate gets. There are nice places in the city neighborhoods but you have to know the city to know what you are getting and what the area is like.

But I have a feeling you would want to be close to The Downtown area and all the hot spots so try Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, Wicker Park, Buck Town & Old Town

Lincoln park is nothing but transplants from the burbs that mommy and daddy sent them to school at Depaul.

not my style but could be yours

what are you looking for in your surroundings?

This is so true, bunch of little rich kid suburbians whose parents pay there rent. I like Bucktown, my friend lives there. Little older crowd and most of the people pay their own rent. Little pricey