Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Neck exercises?

havokk

Simple Neck Isolations...

Place head up against a stationary object and apply pressure in each direction for a period of time...

Or have a partner place pressure on your head in each direction while you counter the pressure. ( Best to be on hands and knees and use your partners legs as the pressure point. )

I did these all the time for football in highschool to build up the neck muscles for impact.

Perhaps an unorthodox method that I read about was in a training article of Bill Goldberg's. If you've seen that guys neck you know it's pretty sick looking. Anyway, he'd lie on a bench on his back and lay a towel across his forehead, then put a 45 lb plate on the towel and do raises with his neck, course he also used to smash his head into lockers so there may be something to be said about that as well ;)

End result.

usbelt2.jpg

32w.jpg

ring_belt.jpg

Perhaps an unorthodox method that I read about was in a training article of Bill Goldberg's. If you've seen that guys neck you know it's pretty sick looking. Anyway, he'd lie on a bench on his back and lay a towel across his forehead, then put a 45 lb plate on the towel and do raises with his neck, course he also used to smash his head into lockers so there may be something to be said about that as well ;)

End result.

usbelt2.jpg

32w.jpg

ring_belt.jpg

That's another good way, be sure you work it on the sides and not just back and forth.

When I used to box in the gloves, I would lie on my back and do raises up to the top of my head. Hard to explain. You should also do neck exercises that go side to side.

yeah, I've seen footage of Tyson doing that. Looks like you could do some serious damage if you weren't doing it right though.