Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hyundai Tiburon?

MysticRain

I'm not a big fan of them there not all that reliable but if you only plan on keeping it for 2-3 years then it's not a bad idea. The depreciation is pretty bad on them. After a few years there not worth all that much. They are a good looking car though and pretty cheap to pick up. You do get what you pay for though. Just keep that in mind.

Definitely better looking imo compared to the first generation modeling, there is some pull from the engine but a 6 cyl making 180, you could go VW and get a 1.8t for those numbers. It's a tight interior however so don't expect to be packing all your friends into it and personally I don't think there's anything HOLY $H!T about it. However I was considering getting one as a starter car just because it isn't extravagent but isn't boring.

Thinking of buying this car. V6, dual exhuast. Anyone have opinions on this car? How's it ride, reliability, etc?

Going from an M3 to this?? It isn't a bad car. Hyundai has actually come a long way in terms of reliability & quality. It still has a ways to go before it can play with the big boys, but you definitely can do worse. I think Hyundai's also come with a 10 year wuarentee as well...

No the M3 is my dream car however the latest pics of the newer ones make the car look ugly now. I have a Toyota Corolla, just thinking of getting a new car. I luv my car, just like new ones better, lol, even though it is a 2002. I liked the style of the Tiburon. Like the Lexus too.

Check out the Scion TC, its a 4banger, but gives 160hp and has alot of pull to it, And is wayyyy nicer looking then the tib, and its a Toyota, and has the camry engine, a super charger is coming out soon, and that will give it a 200-210 Hp push, u can build it, With SOOOO much shit

Scion.com

i just bought one, about a month ago, i could have gotten any car i wanted, but spending 60k on a car im gonna use for a year felt REALLY lame, esp since i live in soho, i got it loaded with everything you could, 18's lip kit, secuirty, mp3 Cd, And it has a All glass Top, one sunroof, and one sky light in the back, its a coupe/Hatch

pics> not my car, This is from Cardomain.com :love:

Hyundai has definately come a long way. They bumped Toyota and Honda out of the number 1 spot for reliability last year. I've had my Tiburon for over 5 years now and have not had one single problem with it. Plus with the 100,000 mile warranty, you can't go wrong.

Personally, I like my body style better than the new one.

Check the Scion out too.

Hyundai has definately come a long way. They bumped Toyota and Honda out of the number 1 spot for reliability last year. I've had my Tiburon for over 5 years now and have not had one single problem with it. Plus with the 100,000 mile warranty, you can't go wrong.

Personally, I like my body style better than the new one.

Check the Scion out too.

i had my old acura for almost 4 years and never had any problems either. i never even needed new brakes or clutch. i had to get a new car though when mine got totaled by a hit and run. acuras come with warranties, they tow you for free, they bring you gas if you run out... i lease so i will never hit 100,000 miles. who wants a car after 4 years anyway. i was sick of my last car after 2.5.

Neon's are a peace of sh~t.....stay away from them. You drive one of the lot and get into an acident and total it then it's worth half the money you just spent on it. It's a throw away car.

when you total any car, it's worth at most, half the money you spent on it.

when you total any car, it's worth at most, half the money you spent on it.

That's not compleatly true. It depends on the car and it's resale value or Residuale value. They also take into acount rebates and special promotions. It's great when you see an ad for $4000 cash back on a car but at the same time they just lowered the value of the car. You have to keep all this in mind. I know I have said it before but you get what you pay for.

Personally I think Saturns are very boring in terms of styling and general design. The SRT-4 packs a pretty decent punch considering power vs. price, where else can you get 220+ for around 20g brand new? Regarding the list given above I'm a fan of the Civic si BUT only the older ex style (not this new hatchback design). The eclipse is tight on space and the toyotas I feel are great in terms of reliability but both are underpowered. Then again I had a friend who was considering buying a Matrix because it had an outlet, so it depends on what you're out for.

Neon's are a peace of sh~t.....stay away from them. You drive one of the lot and get into an acident and total it then it's worth half the money you just spent on it. It's a throw away car.

you dont have to total it to lose half of your money. If you keep it for 5 years, you will lose about 75% of what you paid for it in depreciation.