Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what year is it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shane54:

I'm trying to find Steve Rubell ...does anyone know where he is?

Well, ...it's Nov. 20th, 2000. Steve passed away in 1989 of an AIDS-related illness. As far as 54 goes ...nothing compares these days ...and nothing ever will ...it's sad

------------------

signature.gif

[This message has been edited by Ph0eniX (edited 11-20-2000).]

I was convicted of tax evasion (in the late 70's) and spent over a year in prison. A lot had changed by the time I was released in January of 1981. The club's hey day was over and we decided to sell it. We (my partners and I) then entered the real estate busines acquiring four luxury hotels in Manhattan, as well as the Palladium nightclub but it never became another 54. Peter Gatien (the NYC nightlife king of the 90's) acquired the club after my death.

[This message has been edited by steve_rubell (edited 11-20-2000).]

Originally posted by disco_2000:

We tried to promote Disco 2000 style parties at the Palladium ...but it never compared to the LimeLight but the place had it's own atmosphere, different flavor that the church on the corner of 6th and 20th

Michael Alig

you are a tired impostor. Get over yourself.

c

------------------

l1300006.jpg

Originally posted by peter_gatien52:

nothing like they used to be but we have a few new things like special k. it's animal trenqualizer in powder form (my personal favorite). you should try it some time.

dont forget about the ass-kicking amphetamines Peter. they didnt have them in the 70's

BTW.

ur such a sexy animal. too bad ur married

Originally posted by h_clinton:

ron! i been looking for you everywhere. remember what we talked about last week. i accept your offer

*kisses*

Hilary

that's great news Hil :-) I'm submitting all the paper work for "Gang Bangs 76 (with the first lady)" today ..I'm really excited about this production and the fact that your doing it strictly for pleasure. not for money

[This message has been edited by ron_jeremy (edited 11-21-2000).]