Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin at Spirit Review 10/12/04

i guess we did not miss anything ... sorry for those that did not enjoy this .. but i heard Remy before .. and i thought he was ok .. we logged into DI website and heard avb him live and i thouhgt he was ok but sooo repetitive .. since i never heard him before i cant tell if he was in his game or not ..

peace

the MASK

Trust me dude, he wasnt on his game at all. Try to get the entire Armin Live at Amnesia in Ibiza set from Aug.04. The Universal Religion CD they put out is like the first 12 tracks from that set. Mad mellow. But I heard the entire set on ETS Global (by the way, ETS-Global.com is always playing Armin sets) and I was like damn, why couldnt they record like hour 2-4 from this set. It progressed into some real upbeat, hard, vocal, energetic trance. It got hard, but not in the techy way he got last night. If it wasnt for "No One On Earth", and that track with a female vocal that says something like this " And you finnnnddddd yourrrsellffff. Anddd you finddd yourselfff in meeeee" (Forgot the name of that track) I wouldnt have even thought that it was actually Armin that was spinning. I've seen Armin enough times and in a couple clubs to be able say, that it couldve just been any other DJ up there last night.

spirit and crobar are definitely different clubs, and cater to different crowds. crobar is first of all much bigger, has a stricter door policy, and caters to a more classy crowd. of course sometimes it's a lose lose situation with some of these people on the board, you let in people and they complain it's too packed, but if a club like crobar actually uses discretion at the door and doesn't let someone in cause of how they look they come right back here and bitch about it too.

overall crobar is a better club, i just hate bitching about a situation that has nothing to do with the venue, like "it was packed".

your wrong/armin at crobar was completely different. first his set was much more upbeat with vocals. there was room to move. and most important you feel so much safer in there. i know from reading your posts that you are very experienced in the club scene. you have to admit there is no comparison betweeen the clubs. perfect example after i left spirit went to crobar danced away/wasnt crushed/nobody asking me for drugs/friendly staff/security everywhere and telling those aholes to put out there cigs so the rest of us dont get burned/spirit is on its way out. if what everyone says about there being that many undercovers in there then something is up and it cant happen soon enough. :hat:

hey it was nice meetin ya, glad to see someone else was having fun. :hat:

i gotta make it out on a regular night to see jp take the new system for a spin, it did sound kinda weird at times last night.

Jesus christ, even on a thread about AVB there is JP drama...here's a review from a "JP crackhead"'s point of view: I am not a trance fan but I decided to check out AVB, and I had a great time. I actually liked the music, but it makes sense that a lot of you guys hated it, because I didn't think it was very trancey at all. I feel for you there b/c it sucks paying madd $$$ to hear one thing and then hearing something totally different. As for the other complaints, have you ever been to a club before? There are always tons of undercovers, and if there is a good DJ there it is going to be packed. It wasn't even that crowded! On JP's theme nights you can't walk in that place. And of course it was awesome seeing Dan rip it sick on his birthday and meeting ovrdose.

i never heard armin live before.. wasnt too impressed but more importantly for me he seemed really into it which always makes it all the more enjoyable when you can tell a dj loves what he does. unless you are pvd then you can just stand there and look cool :o)

is it me or does spirit make you claustrophobic? i HATE the way that if you are not on the middle of the dancefloor the balcony is like 2 inches from your head. i LOVE crobars hugggggge ceiling. i dunno, maybe its a tall person thing. but i had fun last night.

nice meeting you jennifer and the dude in the space shirt whose name i forgot again

Last year when Remy and Armin played at Roxy, I went to see Armin mainly, and remy was just an added bonus. Last night it was the opposite. I was more excited about remy, and the guy totally lived up to my expectations. He played a lot of his own stuff, and after last night, I gotta say, he is my favorite club music producer out there. Not electronic music in general, just the best at making all out club bangers. Armin was awesome while I was there, which wasn't that long after 2:30 or so.

Some tracks Remy played...

Remy - Dustsucker, Napolitan, Backstabber

Quivver - Space Manouevers Part 3

Pig and Dan - Blonde

One thing that really really annoyed me about last night was that they didn't have the third floor open, and getting a drink was like a 20 minute process.

looks pretty similar to Ferry's set @ Avalon in October....I swear sometimes I think Ferry & Armin are twin brothers...

01. Antidote - Velocity (Original Mix)

02. Gabriel & Dresden - Arcadia

03. Peter Martin - Simply Blue

04. Way Out West - Killa

05. Max Graham featuring Jessica Riddle - Gone

06. Nathan Fake - Adamedge

07. Lolo - Why

08. Ridgewalkers feat. El - Find (Andy Moor Mix)

09. Özgür Can - Irony

10. Above & Beyond - No One On Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)

11. Enmass - CQ

12. Albert Vorne - A Leaden Way (M.I.K.E. Remix)

13. Tilt - 12 (Orkidea Remix)

14. Armin vs. M.I.K.E. - Pound

15. Tiesto - Ancient History

16. Randy Katana - One Solid Wave

17. Johan Gielen - Flash

18. Robert Gitelman - Children of the Sun

19. Kyau vs. Albert - Made Of Sun (KvA Hard Dub)

20. E-Tronic - The Glass House

21. ID --- sounds like Next Train minus the vocals

22. Marcos - Cosmic Strings

23. Armin - Communication 2004 (Part 3)

24. Young Parisians feat. Ben Lost - Jump The Next Train (Kyau vs. Albert Remix)

25. Mirco De Govia - Voller Sterne (Super 8 Remix)

26. Tiesto - Breda 8PM (Montana Mix)

27. Mojado - Samba Brutal

28. Sharpside - Spacecruising

29. Abel Ramos - Aquarius (Randy Katana Remix)

30. Fractal Structure - Lost Sequence

31. Liquid Overdose - Ancient Space (Fred Baker Mix)

32. ID

33. Plastic Boy - Silver Bath

34. Robert Nickson - Twisted By Design

35. Solar Factor - No Return (Push Remix)

36. Hertz - Recreate (Montana Remix)

37. Dogzilla - Your Eyes

38. Marco V - Automanual

39. Randy Katana - Fancy Fair 2004

40. DK8 - Murder Was The Bass (Chris Liebing Mix)

41. Dirt Devils - Music Is Life (POS Remix)

Encore

=======

42. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (BK Remix)

43. Armin - Blue Fear 2004 (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)

Encore 2

========

44. Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia 2004 (Ferry Corsten Remix)

i never heard armin live before.. wasnt too impressed but more importantly for me he seemed really into it which always makes it all the more enjoyable when you can tell a dj loves what he does. unless you are pvd then you can just stand there and look cool :o)

is it me or does spirit make you claustrophobic? i HATE the way that if you are not on the middle of the dancefloor the balcony is like 2 inches from your head. i LOVE crobars hugggggge ceiling. i dunno, maybe its a tall person thing. but i had fun last night.

nice meeting you jennifer and the dude in the space shirt whose name i forgot again

It was really nice meeting you too.. The guy with shirt is Andrew, I know him just from going to Armin events

Hey binarycool, that was me (names dave) with the space shirt. Nice meeting you too. I had a really good time Friday Night. Even though Armin wasn't his best I think the energy was there and the crowd seemed pretty cool. It definately seemed louder than normal. Oh well, I'm not gonna write pages of crap but just thought I'd tell everyone I had a good time because I know you all care so much :)

i guess we did not miss anything ... sorry for those that did not enjoy this .. but i heard Remy before .. and i thought he was ok .. we logged into DI website and heard avb him live and i thouhgt he was ok but sooo repetitive .. since i never heard him before i cant tell if he was in his game or not ..

peace

the MASK

If you thought he was just ok, then you didn't hear the real Remy. I've never heard a Remy review where he didn't tear the crowd a new hole.

-Peter

hey mask i hope your not confusing REMY with REMY J from abaya fris.And to me CIELO is the best club in NYC.

you know what .. you are right . i thought they are talking about the Remy i heard .. oh well .. my bad then ..

cielo .. hmm .. is definetly a good club silver . but too small for me ..

to me Crobar is the bomb man .. and back in the time .. Spill/bahaus was great too .. too bad they dont host the playground parties (which was distcontinued) anymore .. booooo

If you thought he was just ok, then you didn't hear the real Remy. I've never heard a Remy review where he didn't tear the crowd a new hole.

-Peter

ic .. thanks for the info .. i actually only heard a bit of his music .. so it is not fair to say he was just "ok" .. may be if i heard his whole set i would have a stronger reaction to it ..