• Keep it as is, don't change it.
    • Slider
    • Slippery Slider
    • Erogenous Trek
    • Dino
    • Rock & A Hard Place
    • Slide (a Fight Club referance)
    • Nine Hour Orgasm

the fight club refference youre making... is with the penguin right~!? i never understood that scene...

Yeah, the penguin. It was about finding his cave of peace, and the penguin telling him slide, as in enjoy life, don't let things slow you down (?-IMO) or sickness and pain cause friction. Just slide. So he did slide, by crying every night and then sleeping like a baby. But then Marla was in his cave, telling him, "slide" and he couldn't because there was too much friction with her being there.

It was a complex movie (and even more complex book, I've heard) and there is a lot of message and interpretation throughout, so that is my opinion on what I think the story was trying to tell the narrator and us.

Yeah, the penguin. It was about finding his cave of peace, and the penguin telling him slide, as in enjoy life, don't let things slow you down (?-IMO) or sickness and pain cause friction. Just slide. So he did slide, by crying every night and then sleeping like a baby. But then Marla was in his cave, telling him, "slide" and he couldn't because there was too much friction with her being there.

It was a complex movie (and even more complex book, I've heard) and there is a lot of message and interpretation throughout, so that is my opinion on what I think the story was trying to tell the narrator and us.

i really enjoyed the movie, never read the book but i do like palahniuk's work... however i never really got that "slide" thing...

i really enjoyed the movie, never read the book but i do like palahniuk's work... however i never really got that "slide" thing...

I know...I've seen the film several times and I hadn't gotten the meaning of slide at first either. I learn more about the messages and the characters every time I see it.