Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Learn to DJ

gmanz73

do ppl really use mac? lol...

yea...I do. Macs actually produce better sound then a PC does becuase even if u use the onboard sound mac created there own sound scripting (drivers) from scratch. Not to mention if you want to be cheap there are diffrent options in itunes then the PC version on the Mac. I would never use that to DJ though.

If you want to use software for mixing, here are some options:

Visiosonic PCDJ-FX

Ableton Live

You an also use mp3's on 1200's buy using combo hardware/software with Final Scratch

In my opinion, vinyl is on its way out. CD's and soft media format is the future. Vinyl sales have been on steady decline for some time now. Labels are going under by the hundreds. This is because of the introduction of more readily available production software that allows people to circulate music via CDR/WAV/MP3. Some ppl have vinyl recorders (PvD) but its not very practical.

• 3 weeks later...
can some one post a decent reliable mixer with 2 cd players

thanks in advance!

From what I read pioneer makes the best players but you can get a Denon for cheaper and have more options. But in my research Pionner is #1 and Denon is #2. A mixer i dunno still trying to figure that one out.

Stanton mixers are VERY VERY VERY good beginer mixers IMO....great options, great prices and really good quality

if u have the money....get a Rane or a Vestax

pioneer mixers have lots of goodies and look cool but the sound starts to bleed when using the faders after a while

I am looking at the Pioneer DJM 707 that seems nice Ill have to check out the DN-x 400 I think the one i was looking at was a 3 series i think. You think its cool to get all the same stuff.

Cuz i am getting the Pioneer CDJ-800 just unsure of the mixer?

it really depends on what your going to do man. IMO a 3band eq is essential, most mixers come with them on each channel but be weary of the cut off number. sumtimes it only cuts like -10db....so u can still somewhat hear the bass if u want to do bass cut....get something that has over -10db on the cut, or something that has kills switches. Some of the cool mixers ive seen lately have isolators instead of EQ's...like vestax. Some of the vestax series have isolators that have a cutoff of - infinity which is dooooope. usualy when i club gets in install they get a really sick mixer like a phazon rotary and then get the 3 band isolators with them. i dunno bout u but i cant afford 800 bucks PER ISOLATOR so thats the next best thing!

The next thing u have to worry bout is how many channels you want. depends on how much equiptment u use. if u use just 2 tables or 2 CDJ's then get a 2 channel. but if your going to incorperate cd and vinyl, get a 4 channel or more. u can always assign a turntable and a CD player to each channel on a 2 channel mixer, but it becomes a pain in the ass when u have to keep moving the switch from line to phono. i like it when each "instrument" has its own designated channel.

nah what u need is something with 3 line inputs, u arent using any turntables so your not going to need a phono input. its always good to have 2 phonos tho :)

BTW whats that in your Pic. all the way to the bottom right are those sound effects? or is that just your mixer?