Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats Up Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t0r0

sOOOOOOOOOO Everyone complaing about the hip hop now a days......... BUT!!!! How come one of the most respected dj's in the world DJng in one of the most RESPECTED HOUSE VENUES,,,(one of my favorites also) dropped 50 in da club at one of the prime times during the night/morning.. AND EVERYONE WENT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw im talking about Mr. Erick Morillo @ Discotheque.....

Told ya so!

Holla!

:hat:

sOOOOOOOOOO Everyone complaing about the hip hop now a days......... BUT!!!! How come one of the most respected dj's in the world DJng in one of the most RESPECTED HOUSE VENUES,,,(one of my favorites also) dropped 50 in da club at one of the prime times during the night/morning.. AND EVERYONE WENT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told ya so!

Holla!

most RESPECTED HOUSE VENUES and discotheque should not be in the same sentence. That place is a whole in the wall. How many trainwrecks did you hear. He has been playing that 50 cent track for a while in his sets.

Told ya so!

Holla!

Very Simple. That Garbage makes people go nuts in the US. If you have ever experienced Morillo outside of the US, he would never had played that shit. He doesn't have to. He only has to play shit like that every now and then to keep the crowd into it. Most of the people that went there don't know real house music, the majority do, but he didn't play that track for those people. If you think I am full of it, just download any set you can find of Erick outside of the US, and you won't hear anything remotely close to that bullshit. He played that track at Crobar last month, and all the Real House Heads in the place all looked at each other like, What The Fuck is He Playing? He was not named the Best House DJ in the World by playing that bull shit everywhere, only in NY where true house music isn't appreciated by the masses.

Very Simple. That Garbage makes people go nuts in the US. If you have ever experienced Morillo outside of the US, he would never had played that shit. He doesn't have to. He only has to play shit like that every now and then to keep the crowd into it. Most of the people that went there don't know real house music, the majority do, but he didn't play that track for those people. If you think I am full of it, just download any set you can find of Erick outside of the US, and you won't hear anything remotely close to that bullshit. He played that track at Crobar last month, and all the Real House Heads in the place all looked at each other like, What The Fuck is He Playing? He was not named the Best House DJ in the World by playing that bull shit everywhere, only in NY where true house music isn't appreciated by the masses.

When he played that at crobar i wanted to walk out.

He played that track at Crobar last month, and all the Real House Heads in the place all looked at each other like, What The Fuck is He Playing?

I thought that was absolutely hysterical!! The look on everyone's face was to die for!!!

He also played Smells Like Teen Spirit and the whole place went nuts...

funny part is because ERIK morollo played it, he is awesome, god forbid some other dj played it u guys wbe bash him..........

oh well, i now have no desire to hear moriollo esp. if is playing the same set...... how many hip hop songs did he play?????

He justs plays that one song. And he doesnt play it for long.

Whats really funny is that it doesnt matter what dj(house) it is that is spinning......or the venue.....but when they play hip-hop people are still dancing to it......thats jus the truth

then why r all the hip hop dj's in the basements of the club?? tell me 2 clubs that play ALL hip hop on the main floor???? and i don't mean in harlem either......

most of u hip hop dj's suck anyway, i haven't heard u toro, nor do i care too..

then why r all the hip hop dj's in the basements of the club?? tell me 2 clubs that play ALL hip hop on the main floor???? and i don't mean in harlem either......

Why would one club just play hip-hop?!? Especially if the club is in manhattan or Miami or any other big city.....fact is that people like hip-hop...maybe not that much but enuff to dance to it if its only an 1/2 to an hour set on the main dance floor.........some people like a variety in there music...especially when it comes to house music.

funny part is because ERIK morollo played it, he is awesome, god forbid some other dj played it u guys wbe bash him..........

oh well, i now have no desire to hear moriollo esp. if is playing the same set...... how many hip hop songs did he play?????

Honestly this might be the most narrow minded statement i have ever heard....

If you dont want to listen to Morillo because you dont want to hear 30 seconds of 50 cent or you "think" he plays the same set you obviously are clueless about House music and even more clueless about good house music in my opinion ...i dont come off like i am an expert but i will tell you this i make it a point to try to hear as much as possible by many and different dj's some i like some i dont but i am open to it all.

i am almost afraid to hear what you like or who you think is good please dont tell me you think JP is some kind of god then i feel even worse for you .. i would prob deem you hopeless then...

i am not saying you Have to Like Morillo but you come off like the spokesperson for House and you havent EVER heard him or have resigned yourself to Not hearing him

first thing first OPEN Your mind i am not saying you have to open it to hip hop but how about opening to the very style you support soo much..

just my .12 cents inflation you know...

Where do you live. Under A Rock? I can name at least five. Almost every club plays hip hop on the main floor. Because That is all the majority of people want to hear, For the exception of the big clubs in a lot of major cities, and even most of them have reverted to hip hop to get people in the door. Hip Hop is all people are exposed to and that is all the masses want to hear. If it's not a big House DJ in the lineup for the night I can almost guarntee(?) you will hear hip hop and top 40 on the main floor. Hip Hop brings in the masses of people not House, and the bottom line is get people in the door and keep them drinking. That is all the club owners care about. That is another reason why there are more strictly house DJ's selling out and playing hip hop if they want to get a gig. I remember a time that you wouldn't dare play a hip hop record in a club unless it was a dedicated hip hop night, which were rare then. You would never walk into a major NY club and hear hip hop in any room. Limelite had like 50 rooms at one time and there was a different style of House or Techno in each room, NO Hip Hop. Even in Jersey for that matter, It might have been Freestyle or commercial shit but it was still no hip hop. You can't walk into any club in jersey on any random night and hear real house music. If you think I am bullshittin, do the experiment for yourself and get back to me.

MAdness

If you dont want to listen to Morillo because you dont want to hear 30 seconds of 50 cent or you "think" he plays the same set you obviously are clueless about House music and even more clueless about good house music in my opinion ...

many people said that he is playing the same songs in his set for months now...... i just hate it when a dj plays the same set, at every venue he goes to...... maybe i was alittle rush to judge him...........

If you dont want to listen to Morillo because you dont want to hear 30 seconds of 50 cent or you "think" he plays the same set you obviously are clueless about House music and even more clueless about good house music in my opinion ...

many people said that he is playing the same songs in his set for months now...... i just hate it when a dj plays the same set, at every venue he goes to...... maybe i was alittle rush to judge him...........

Well go an listen to him ....even if he does play the same set it willl be new to you the first time you hear him ....just pick a good venue to hear him Discoteque is a disaster