Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is anyone else just not so high on Pavano?

JonStephen

he's a young pitcher with potential who had a good season....not too much out there this to choose from this year really....but I see what you mean and I bet you'd be happy if he went to the Red Sox

how about, NO

seriously, I dont see him any better/worse then say Jaret Wright who had one good season last year in his contract year

then again, I did say Javier Vasquez was the real deal

I'm kind of on the fence with Pavano. Like Jon said, so far it looks like he's a 4th starter with a career year, but he did pitch well during the Marlins WS run and with his season last year you could say that he's coming into his own.. IDK... I feel a lot more confident about Pavano than Milton or Wright...

I'm still shocked about Javy's meltdown.

Jaret Wright scares me to death. I would have saved the money and thrown more Milton's way. They will sign any pitcher with potential under 30 at the moment cause they got an old staff and no arms in the minors.

Pavano has got pretty good stuff. Not a number 1 but he'll win 15 games. Problem is, Wright/Moose/Pavano/Javy all have similar velocity/repetoires.

The Yanks need a lefty in their stadium - why won't they learn (Whitson, Weaver, Javy)???

-G.G

Jaret Wright scares me to death. I would have saved the money and thrown more Milton's way. They will sign any pitcher with potential under 30 at the moment cause they got an old staff and no arms in the minors.

Pavano has got pretty good stuff. Not a number 1 but he'll win 15 games. Problem is, Wright/Moose/Pavano/Javy all have similar velocity/repetoires.

The Yanks need a lefty in their stadium - why won't they learn (Whitson, Weaver, Javy)???

-G.G

Milton's way???The guy had a 4.75 era in the fucking N.L.!!! Sorry, but 8 mil per is too much for that.

He'll win 15 games? That's it? He won 18 in Florida. I'm pretty sure with alot more run support he can win alot more than 15 games.

Lastly, why the major need for a lefty? What's the big deal? Didn't Boston win the Series without a lefty? Anyway, we'll get RJ.

Why a lefty?

Ortiz, Varitek, etc. and the short porch in right field.......'nuff said.

G.G

I'll ask again: Didn't Boston win the Series without a lefty of their own? Weren't they worried about our lefties? i.e: Matsui, switch hitting Bernie and Posada? Dude, a good pitcher can get out anybody, lefty or righty.

Besides, is that how you would go about building a team? Targeting specific teams and players? Who cares about the fucking Red Sox.

Jaret Wright scares me to death. I would have saved the money and thrown more Milton's way.

btw, your boy Milton also gave up something like 47 dingers last year. Which, I believe, was tops in the majors. Seriously, how the fuck can Wright 'scare me[you] to death' and not Milton? Jaret was injured in the past. He obviously wasn't last year when he complied one of the best ERA's in the league. Remember Lieber? Coming off of Tommy John surgery everyone was saying shit like he won't last. Well, he did.

I haven't seen Pavano pitch enough to make an assumption. I guess we'll find out soon.

You haven't see enough? Over the last 3 seasons he's been on a career uptick. His wins have gone up from 6 to 12 to 18 last year. His ERA has also gone up every year from 5.16 to 4.30 to 3.00 last year. Do I even need to mention how well he did in the 2003 WS against us? He pitched lights out. He also doesn't give up many HR's or walks.

How much more do you need to see?

You haven't see enough? Over the last 3 seasons he's been on a career uptick. His wins have gone up from 6 to 12 to 18 last year. His ERA has also gone up every year from 5.16 to 4.30 to 3.00 last year. Do I even need to mention how well he did in the 2003 WS against us? He pitched lights out. He also doesn't give up many HR's or walks.

How much more do you need to see?

Ok, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

I was simply stating that I(meaning me personally) haven't seen this guy pitch that much to say whether he is good or bad. Yeah the stats seem good last year but that really doesn't mean anything. There are a bunch of pitchers who have one good year, like Esteban Loiza, and thats it. So since I don't know that much about him Im not making any predictions. What are you his agent?