Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
pookie23

Chad Pennington

he really never has a had a big gun for an arm

accuracy is his saving grace , montana like

although he did haul off that 40 yarder to macairns yesterday

I also think his lack of arm strength is a reason why Hackett Cant open up th offense and hackett takes all the heat

pennington also appears very brittle so far in his career

probably will never play a full 16 games sched

the jets are 9 and 4... when he starts at qb, the jets usually win. i can count the amount of bad games he has had in his career on one hand.

i dont see the problem...i mean if they were losing, then maybe but look at the record.

the fact is the jets are a running team. when they can't get the run on, their passing gets predictable.

he threw some good passes yesterday, 42 yds to Mcareins...

the jets are 9 and 4... when he starts at qb, the jets usually win. i can count the amount of bad games he has had in his career on one hand.

i dont see the problem...i mean if they were losing, then maybe but look at the record.

the fact is the jets are a running team. when they can't get the run on, their passing gets predictable.

he threw some good passes yesterday, 42 yds to Mcareins...

He threw ONE good pass...he bounced a few to wide-open receivers and the two INT's he threw showed how weak his arm is...Steelers dared him to throw over the linebackers.

He's a QB that runs the "dink and dunk" to perfection.

The arm strength (or lack thereof) is obvious but you have to work around it. I think it is too early to panic - the JETS are at least a season away from being an elite team. They have 3 urgent needs:

1. A new TE. Becht can block but has no hands or play-making ability. Baker is a total disappointment.

2. SS. Tongue was a terrible signing and has had a brutal year. Mcgraw can't stay healthy but they need someone to support Coleman.

3. A KR for Westfall. BTW - I bet Chad Morton is happy he left for the Skins. He sure has done a lot for them.

The formula for the JETS must be running the ball and playing aggressive D. If they get a good TE, the 'backers will have honor that area of the field and Chad will have more room to throw. Also believe Hackett should call some play action on first/second down so that there is some separation downfield. If you ask Penny to "thread the needle", you are playing into the hands of the defense.

Biggest problem for Gang Green? The offseason and all our FA. Possibly losing Lamont, Kareem Mckenzie, and Ferguson will hurt.

-G.G

I'm not worried about Chad from a skills standpoint. What worries me is his injuries and his ability to "show up" in a big game. He had a chance to beat the Pats in the 4th quarter of the first game and couldn't get it done. Also, this game against the Steelers was very win-able and again he came up small. In two weeks the Pats are in town so we'll see how that goes... He's definitely not a franchise QB like an Elway. He needs quality players around him to be successful. Becht should be shot... Every game he either commits a huge penalty or drops an important pass. Chrebet is just about done as well...