Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yanks vs. Red Sox offseason

kayluhb

This is me sort of 'shooting from the lip' ala Mike Lupica...

Well, so far this is how it shapes up...

Yanks rotation: RJ(it'll get done) Pavano, Mussina, Wright, Brown.

Sox rotation: Schilling, Wells, Arroyo, Wakefield, and ?????

Wright is going to be very good. Everybody was talking shit about Lieber last year. Well, I stood firm and he had a good year. Wright is going to have a similar year. And Pavano is going to have an EVEN BETTER YEAR THAN LAST YEAR. Just watch. RJ is RJ. Moose will bounce back (I hope). And Brown fucking sucks. I hope he goes skiing this winter and dies in a major avalanche. And then we can start Halsey, that is if we haven't traded him to the DBacks.

Sox, you signed Wells and lost Petey. I'm not sure how that's improvement. Is Theo really serious when he says he wants to win another title?

Anyway, Renteria looks close, that'll be hot. Varitek is adamant on a no trade clause. Looks like it could be a deal breaker. Lowe is a goner. Shaping up to be a disaster.

Yanks fucked up when they let go Cairo. Womack, I hate. Beltran will come later. We'll get him for 7 years at around 105. Bernie is the DH. He's going to have a bad year, dammit. Stanton is back. Lefty, big shit. He better not fucking choke.

Why isnt there more interest in Clement? wtf are the Angels doing? IS Detroit serious about the playoffs? LA is gearing up for a major season. (Kent, Hudson). Mets fucking suck holy shit. Only way they got the deal with Pedro done was by guaranteeing a fourth year. hahahahaha now he doesn't want to take an MRI? wow

Red Sox aren't even making the playoffs next year. Then we'll talk about choking.

Yo fuck that - we don't need Randy Johnson, we need someone like Tim Hudson.

(and you forgot about Javier in the rotation)

thats cuz he was including Javy in tht RJ deal ,which is the only way thats gonna get done .

Im with you at this point they got a front line starter in Pavano , yeh RJ is better but if Vazquez regains his MOntreal/1 st half of last season form, You got 2 pretty young starters locked up for a few yrs.

SOx as of right now take a big hit losing Pedro( i dont blame them and im sure their thanking Omar minaya for guaranteeing that 4th yr)

D-Lowe going somewhere else as of now

a banged up schilling who is having setbacks in his ankle surgery recovery

41 yr old bad back, Boozing it up on beacon hill David wells

and Arroyo???? Ill take the yanks big 3 at this point.

of course in the off season a day or two later and everything changes

IF the sox do get Renteria look for them to package that SS prospect Hanley Ramirez and go after TIm Hudson or someon like that , they must get another big arm in the front of that rotation or they dont have a shot at repeating

Yo fuck that - we don't need Randy Johnson, we need someone like Tim Hudson.

(and you forgot about Javier in the rotation)

Of course, I'd love Hudson, or even Zito, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Although, I am holding out hope that OAK will take Giamibi back(if we eat his contract) and maybe someone like Posada and Halsey for Zito or Mulder?

That's a stretch, I know.

Looks like Seattle is getting serious. Signing Sexson and adding alittle power to the lineup to drive in Ichiro and Wynn...

Whats this shit I hear about Kaz Matsui to the Red Sox for Mentkeweitz or whatever?

Funny that you bring up Piazza cause

allegedly thta is why the sox are interestred in Kaz for shortstop possibly

They feel that scouting him and watching video thaey blamed Piazza poor play at first for most of kaz errors

complete bullshit ,but whatever

75% of all rumors in the off season are just to sell papers

Another crazy rumor from the Boston Herald:

Talks on Sunday progressed to the point where the clubs were discussing a deal that would send Ramirez, first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz and cash to the Mets in exchange for outfielder Cliff Floyd and more than one of the Mets prospects.

wtf are the Red Sox doing?

yeh he did re-up with the cubs for 1 yr

in the link to the Boston papers kahylub posted it said prior to that he had contacted the yanks to discuss the possiblity of 2b

I think his agent said that Nomar would be more than willing to play 2nd for the Yanks...

well lets assume that if lowe can not get a contract he comes back under arbitration. That's still a pretty good rotation. It's the rotation (with Lowe pitching well, not 2002-well but the split-the-diiference of 2002 and 2003 that we all hoped for) that played .750 ball from Augsut 1st on, only with Wells instead of Pedro. And that deficit can pretty much be made up by a return to form by Wakefield, who was horrendous in tht stretch. So can they play .610 ball and win 99 games with a rotation like that?

But do i see this as the rotation for the year hell no. If we sign renteria we can ship ramariez (hanley) for ben sheets who might be the best young right hander in the league.

The yankees staff looks good on paper but it looked good last year too. Until pavano and wright can prove they can pitch in new york and not turn into vasquez there are giant ??. Atleast with wells you know you are getting a fat booze bag that can take the heat and pitch in big games.

If gordon is involved in that trade for johnson the yankee bullpen is going to have problems. Johnson is a warrior but welcome back to the american league his innings pitched and strikeout will go down and era up (he will win more games and that is all that counts) but he will have to work harder and the yanks will have to extend his contract.

well lets assume that if lowe can not get a contract he comes back under arbitration. That's still a pretty good rotation. It's the rotation (with Lowe pitching well, not 2002-well but the split-the-diiference of 2002 and 2003 that we all hoped for) that played .750 ball from Augsut 1st on, only with Wells instead of Pedro. And that deficit can pretty much be made up by a return to form by Wakefield, who was horrendous in tht stretch. So can they play .610 ball and win 99 games with a rotation like that?

But do i see this as the rotation for the year hell no. If we sign renteria we can ship ramariez (hanley) for ben sheets who might be the best young right hander in the league.

The yankees staff looks good on paper but it looked good last year too. Until pavano and wright can prove they can pitch in new york and not turn into vasquez there are giant ??. Atleast with wells you know you are getting a fat booze bag that can take the heat and pitch in big games.

If gordon is involved in that trade for johnson the yankee bullpen is going to have problems. Johnson is a warrior but welcome back to the american league his innings pitched and strikeout will go down and era up (he will win more games and that is all that counts) but he will have to work harder and the yanks will have to extend his contract.

I think Boras will put D-Lowe in Detroit as tigers are spending money .Boras has a good rapport with thier managemnet and d-lowe is from dearborn mich.

NO way are you getting BEn Sheets, BOb melvin stated 'Put it in writing , sheets is untouchable" he said the same thing last yr . and stuck to his guns

and RJ im sure will be ok pitching to one extra batter(DH) considering he knows the offense he would get in NY would be a few runs better than he was gettin in Az.

i think Theo should set his sights on Clement and if Husdson to Atlanta or LA doesnt work out push hard for him

otherwise you guys are in trouble as of right now

c,mon Wells???? you boston fans ripped on the guy unmercifully 2 yrs ago when his back gave out in the world series You think 2 yrs , 2,365

cases of beer and enough hotdogs to feed all of Rwanda later, that he is going to be better and healthy throughout??

especially if he now has to pitch half his games at Fenway? which has been a house of horrors for him