Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paint Job

nycguy420

Anyone know where I can get a good paint job that isn't too expensive? I need to paint the hood, fender, and bumper of my car but it has to match the rest of the paint on the car. Maaco offered to paint the whole car for 400 bucks. Has anyone had any experience with them? I've heard some bad things about them but I'm not sure. Can anyone recommend a place? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Anyone know where I can get a good paint job that isn't too expensive? I need to paint the hood, fender, and bumper of my car but it has to match the rest of the paint on the car. Maaco offered to paint the whole car for 400 bucks. Has anyone had any experience with them? I've heard some bad things about them but I'm not sure. Can anyone recommend a place? Thanks.

.... :laugh: :laugh: ... dude, what do you expect from a $400 complete car paint job ? ..... hell, i bet maaco paints over any chrome surface on your car for no additional charge ! ...... i see this is an old thread...what did you go with eventually ?

....maaco .... :rofl:

I actually decided to wait to paint it in the spring, when the weather warms up. I'm saving some more money for an apartment, so I figured this can wait a little bit until the weather gets nice. I'll probably end up having to get a 700-1000 dollar paint job when I do decide to get it done. A friend of mine told me all the Maaco shops are privately owned and the quality of work all the individual shops depends on the owners. Some people have told me the one in LIC by the Queensboro Bridge isnt bad so I'll probably end up going there. All in all I figure having a sick apartment is better than having a sick car. I wish I could have both, but we all can't have everything we want.

Bro if you take a little bit of a ride, my cousin is the top painter at the Macco near me in Keyport, NJ. It's right off exit 117 off the GSP. This macco is ranked i believe in the top 10 out of 500 maccos in the country. They are also the only one of two macco's certified in the state which is real hard to get. My cousin does killer work and always privately paints my cars. Hit me up when you think about it. And your frined is right, they are privately owned which is why this one is sooo good, the owner wants to do the best work.