Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE on a Budget?

Is there anyone here who doesn't have like $500 to throw away for nye? Does anybody know of any cheaper parties or even places with no covers? Maybe a cool bar in the nyc area? What's everyone doing who isn't going to one of those $150 per person loft parties or spirit or avalon? I need help!!!! I want this nye to be awesome. Thanks!!!

Yes - that's NYDay, not NYEve. Notice that NYE is on a Friday, which means that budget partiers like us are in luck. I agree with exit24 - Stay in with friends on Friday night, and then go to any of a number of parties on Saturday night, which, after all, is the best night to party. All the trash will be home moaning with hangovers, and you have your pick of the best DJ's - Rauhoffer at Roxy, Danny Krivit (of Body & Soul fame) at Deep, etc.

Every year, the crooked nightlife industry tries to make you feel like a loser if you don't go out and dump $500. Don't fall for it. Party hard (and cheap) on Saturday instead.

where are you guys getting 500 bucks from? spirit is only 50 all night, ikon with pvd is up to 75 now, could have gotten it for 60 earlier. crobar is 125 i think with open bar. if you're smart and pregame you're looking at spending like 200 at most.

if you wanna stay in that's cool, but you've got much cheaper options than blowing 500 in a night.

• 10 months later...

I know how you feel. Me and a few friends are hosting two parties on NYE one at DIP and one at Link. Cover is $125, for 5 hours of drinking and a bunch other stuff. Interested check out newyears.com.

Prob one of the cheaper parties you are going to see on the web. Truthflly the reason why most parties are so expensive is that as a promoter you have to front a bunch of money a month before hand and every ticket sold below face value makes it that much tougher to breakeven. Anyway check them out. Trust me you don't want to go to a party with a $40 cover with no drink specials. ITs not worth, ends up costing more.

• 3 weeks later...

dd.gif Presents...

NEW YEARS EVE BREAKS

Breaking In The New Year!!!

Saturday - December 31, 2005

Featuring:

seanbabyboy.jpg

SEAN INFINITEE

HyperKat International | Breaks FM | Redline | Unbreakable

After winning the Breaks FM International DJ Competition and playing to festival crowds in Spain in 2003, Sean Infinitee became the first U.S. breaks DJ to host a weekly show on Breaks FM. Holding it down for over a year and a half now - live on three decks every week - "Thee Tilt! Sessions" has become known as one of Breaks FM's premier broadcasts. In addition to rinsing the internet airwaves, he plays an integral part in the developing breaks scene in New York City with his dual monthly residencies, Redline and Unbreakable. Keep your eyes peeled for more on both the event production and studio production tip from Thee Hyperkat in 2005!!!

wavewhore_dj.jpg

WAVEWHORE

Audio Tactics | Broke Recordings | Electrofly Records | Redline | Unbreakable

With his recent signings to Broke Recordings and Electrofly Records and his ‘Unbreakable’ residency at New York City’s Sullivan Room, Wavewhore is pushing new boundaries in the breakbeat community. His music is aimed directly at the dancefloor and his vinyl releases are making waves across the globe. Wavewhore's high-energy DJ sets blend many styles of breaks from tear-out to tech to progressive into powerful and effective mixes that whip dancefloor crowds into a frenzy. His name is derived from his addiction to manipulating audio waveforms and from all appearances he promises to be an inspiring force in electronic music.

DB-LOGO.gif

CEOS vs. ARCEE

Downbeat Productions

Ceos & Arcee are 2 of the main players behind the New York City based Downbeat Productions record label. Their sound is dark and raw and their nu-skool breaks record label has been making a huge splash in the global breakbeat community with killer tracks and top choice artists.

HI-FI

Hyperkat International

Venue:

38586220p1.jpg

Big Six Bar and Lounge

97 Bowery (@ Hester St.) NYC

Subway: S at Grand St; J, M, Z at Bowery

10pm - 3am (Followed by Direct Drive drum'n'bass afterhours 'till very late!!!)

Door: $15 w/ Flyer or e-mail your guest list to info @ wavewhore.com - $20 w/out

Free Champagne Toast Included!!!

For the Heavy Drinkers: Optional Open Bar (10pm – 3:30am) $70

www.directdrive.net

www.wavewhore.com

www.hyperkat-international.com