Clubplanet Nightlife Community

review of junior at spirit jan 7

I had a good time and danced a lot. for a spirit friday it was a better looking crowd than usual. you wldnt believe some of the horrid crowds spirit can draw. I dont mind a mix of str8s and gays. i have always found juniors crowd to eb diverse & thats why its a pretty tapestry.

who was the dj who opened for junior & then played with him for about a half hour? they played a bootleg of Boston's 'more than a feeling' that was awesome, my fave junior rock track since rem losing my religion of the orioginal maroon 5 mix or gabriels crossing the river. it was a decent crowd, yes the energy was slightly lacking but Im glad it wasnt rammed to capacity. there will come a spirit junior this year that will be rammed & everyone will complain. the staff was more polite & welcoming than many times Ive been to spirit.

my energy was up I danced more tha usual.

hilites included music [viv green]

music is the answer [cool techy mix]

whitneys its not right [maybe best song of night]

lose my breath love juniors mix here

jonathans after all this time with kevin performing, a lil comic relief

diana's take me higher thats a great track, inspirational.

I think there will be more energetic spirits to come. I love the 11 pm - 8 am hours- it will keep the party surviving, no fallouts.

junior played alot of fierce techy proggy beats that wld please any fan of junior instrumentals or dubs.

I had a fine time & i will likely come back every first friday.

i might even go for DT on friday cos spirit was better than usual.

rating ***

how would you describe your perception of the crowd?

as far as typical 'spirit weekend' crowd, it was NICER looking than usual, closr to a more upscale crobar saturday look.

as far as juniorites, I recohnized several regulars from sound factory & discotq & crobar from the past year...I was certainly into the music but agreed juniors crowd was not as populated or as energetic as had been at discotq or crobar...

still I thought junior was on the money with his music...it was the crowds response that was a little off and the lounging spirit singles but at 5/5:30 when junior revved up for the vocal section, a few peopole starting applauding & screaming.

there was more celebration at disctq and crobar i admit but by feb I bet junior fridays is a rocking night front to back.

The crowd was over-the-top on many chemicals. I saw every letter the alphabet it seemed being used out in the open.

No wonder the vibe was horrid and security was parading around the entire time.

Sad how much crystal use is happening still within the gay community, even with all the publicity about the sad state it is creating. Gay or straight...Jr's party was m-e-s-s-y that night.

The crowd was over-the-top on many chemicals. I saw every letter the alphabet it seemed being used out in the open.

No wonder the vibe was horrid and security was parading around the entire time.

Sad how much crystal use is happening still within the gay community, even with all the publicity about the sad state it is creating. Gay or straight...Jr's party was m-e-s-s-y that night.

Who cares? Why must you say this over the internet? Do you not care about the scene. This is part of these parties no DJ has a clean or cleaner crowd we all know this. You must be a newbie or promote for another club. Why do so few of the people who post on here think before they post?

Umm - I've been in the scene for over 10 years and I'm not going to "hide" my comments on the sad state of what it has become.

Some of us care to only lose our minds to the music not because of chemicals and being surrounded by messy people that bump into everything because they can't see straight is annoying...and Jr's parties have become that "messyland"

Sorry to expose your "crackden"

Umm - I've been in the scene for over 10 years and I'm not going to "hide" my comments on the sad state of what it has become.

Some of us care to only lose our minds to the music not because of chemicals and being surrounded by messy people that bump into everything because they can't see straight is annoying...and Jr's parties have become that "messyland"

It is true clublife has changed alot since the 14 years i been going out and im affraid it will never be like the old days,but i dont let that stop me from having a good time.i dont go out to see who is messy and who is not i could care less..to each his own.but i hate to burst your little bubble that your obviously living in because Juniors parties are no messier than Jps parties or Dts parties or Prs parties or any other after hour parties that go on in the city.If you noticed it is not just Juniors parties that have changed it is the whole nyc clublife that has changed and thats just the way it is.There is no need for you to come on here and single out one particular party just because you have some vendetta out for the dj.i know this cuz i have read your other threads and how many times you have bashed Junior and his parties,get over it ..... :bootysha:

It is true clublife has changed alot since the 14 years i been going out and im affraid it will never be like the old days,but i dont let that stop me from having a good time.i dont go out to see who is messy and who is not i could care less..to each his own.but i hate to burst your little bubble that your obviously living in because Juniors parties are no messier than Jps parties or Dts parties or Prs parties or any other after hour parties that go on in the city.If you noticed it is not just Juniors parties that have changed it is the whole nyc clublife that has changed and thats just the way it is.There is no need for you to come on here and single out one particular party just because you have some vendetta out for the dj.i know this cuz i have read your other threads and how many times you have bashed Junior and his parties,get over it ..... :bootysha:

Your point is valid ;)

Some people like to bash anything and everything :rolleyes:

I was at the junior party Friday and to say people were doing things in the open is just nuts because you couldn't as much as fart in the club that nite.There were bouncers all over the dance floor the whole nite and it was clear as day. There was no open drug use at all! No one got thrown out and there were no messes to report.