Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Headphones while lifting?

ovrdose

just been wondering this lately, i always see a ton of guys listening to music while lifting. tried doing this a few times but didn't really like it. for some reason it's like you feel your body less and are less in tune with it. when im going heavy i gotta be focused, and the headphones seemed to distract me. i always use them when doing cardio, that's the only sane way to get through 45 mins of running, but for lifting i'll be keeping them off.

what about everyone else, use them or leave them home on lifting days?

i dont see how music will help..to each there own. I have to visualize me doing it and finishing it and then me doing it. Especially i watch my breathing becuase that helps as well. As long as there is good music in the background thats fine as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i have lifted with no music, just music at the gym, and head phones. personally i can always focus on the lift but for some reason with head phones i feel i focus or concentrate more. i am at the point now if i lift with my friend and he starts to talk it totally fu*ks me up. i lifted with him yesterday and to me it felt like i just went through the motions even though i tried to focus. i def. will stick with my music in my ears!

I dont listen to my headphones when i lift but i always do when im doing cardio. Definitely helps increase the intensity of my cardio and passes the time much easier. The tunes at my gym are awful too. They seriously need to xhange that shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I never liked headphones while lifting. They get annoying. Maybe I have to master this technique cause the music normally is not very good. Depending on who is at the desk.

I always use during cardio. They tune me out of everything going on around me. And makes cardio that much more bearable.

i put em on. i hate talking with people while i work out. and i hate the hall & oates and technotronic that my gym puts on in the morning.

agreed, i hate it when people try and talk to me while i'm working out. my roommate & i usually go to the gym together but we always do our own thing.