Clubplanet Nightlife Community

before sunset...

dgmodel

most notably michelle65 and marko...if a movie wasnt promoted through spoonfed marketing, marko wouldnt know it...and anyone who likes garden state would also like if some guy reached up his ass and took feces from it, put it on a projector screen and called it art...

i admit garden state is certainly NOT one of the greatest movies, but natalie portman SHINES in it and completely made it enjoyable for me..she is an amazing actress....yes the story was a little odd at times, but i just couldn't get enough of her...i think the movie would have been better if they had focused more on the relationship between her and him....all that other bullshit ruined it.

most notably michelle65 and marko...if a movie wasnt promoted through spoonfed marketing, marko wouldnt know it...and anyone who likes garden state would also like if some guy reached up his ass and took feces from it, put it on a projector screen and called it art...

yeah because all of these were big budget mass marketed films... but more importantly you know a lot about what sucks... yet you never state whats good... why is that~!? or are we just not priveldged enough to know~!? but i dont really give a shit what others feel are good or bad movies... ill go see what interests me, not because its an indie film, or because it got rave reviews...

just some suggestions:

permanant midnight

prime gig

thirteen conversations about one thing

good will hunting

story of us

the brothers mcmullen

shes the one

stories from long island

love in time/money

iron giant

oh brother where art though

pirates of silicon valley

startup.com

.com

barbarians at the gate

bonfire of the vanities

chelsea walls

sidewalks of new york

clockers

rules of attraction

anything by alfred hitchcock...

dr.goldfoot and the bikini machine...

i admit garden state is certainly NOT one of the greatest movies, but natalie portman SHINES in it and completely made it enjoyable for me..she is an amazing actress....yes the story was a little odd at times, but i just couldn't get enough of her...i think the movie would have been better if they had focused more on the relationship between her and him....all that other bullshit ruined it.

yes ok, Natalie Portman is a great piece of ass in the movie, but the movie isn't totally worth watching for Natalie Portman herself...she didn't carry the movie the way Clive Owen carried that horrible movie Closer...Clive Owen alone was worth the price of admission for that movie...

Natalie Portman, on the other hand, couldn't make as much of an impact in Garden State because the material simply wasn't there...the material focused too much on getting through a weak moral/life argument told through simplistic, undergraduate imagery...yes the imagery was halfway interesting, and i like to see what zach braff can come up with next...but c'mon bro, dont treat me like im an idiot...quirky characters dont always equal "oh my god! i so, like, relate to that! that is, like, so me!" :blown:

yeah because all of these were big budget mass marketed films... but more importantly you know a lot about what sucks... yet you never state whats good... why is that~!? or are we just not priveldged enough to know~!? but i dont really give a shit what others feel are good or bad movies... ill go see what interests me, not because its an indie film, or because it got rave reviews...

you gotta konw what sucks in order to differentiate between good and bad...

Not one mention of Orson Welles, Ingmar Bergman, Woody Allen, Jean-Luc Godard, Federico Fellini...well, judging by this list and topic: no mention of Woody Allen, who's the king of the romantic comedy, or It Happened One Night, probably the greatest comedy ever? You see, I don't mention what's good because nobody on this board has demonstrated to me that they have the proper breadth of knowledge to relate with mine. Granted, I still have a lot of learning to do (there are still dumploads upon dumploads of movies I haven't seen yet), but so far I haven't been impressed...

Now you're probably asking yourself "ok Highmay you dumb shit, why don't you tell us what's good so that we may educate ourselves, call you our savior, and present you with all the hot looking virgins we know of?" Start here:

go rent Miike's Audition if you havent seen it yet...I guarantee you that you won't sleep for a week after watching that...

Have you seen Control Room yet? very eye opening...it's from the same chick who brought you startup.com...

Lose every stereotype you have about Woody Allen. Tell that little voice in your head to shut up. Then go to the video store and rent Hannah and Her Sisters.

...ok, ill leave it at that...i expect the virgins by noon on sunday...