Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gatecrasher..

tranza

Was a great party.. The one thing that ruined it.. SANDRA COLLINS..

WTF was she playing?? Her track selection was horrible.. Her set took me nowhere.. They shoulda let Guy Ornadel(sp?) stay on all night.. He blew it up for Sandra Collins, and she just killed it..

The crowd seemed to enjoy her tho..

I've never seen a lazer show like that ever in my life.. Limelight should invest in one of those..

All in all, I had a good time.. I expected her to play a good set, and she didnt.. Oh well..

------------------

Look At All The Lonely People.. Where Do They All Come From..

so that laser show is something gatecrasher brings with them? i thought it was limelights, it is awesome. btw twilo was bangin last nite. i dont think junior was there, but quivver put on a lovely progressive session...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Came in around 1:45ish...If that was Guy (don't know what he looks like) but he was awesome!!! Trance with a groove, he was working the crowd...how about that breakdown where he got everyone clapping...Now that's a party!!!

As for Sandra, Doug, I gotta disagree a little to the extent that she was horrible...I loved her opening set and thought she was great overall, but I will say around 4:30ish she did lose me a little...got a little too over the top for like an hour, but then she closed up really nice, some nice vocal feel good trance to bring it down. Overall an awesome night at LL.

The LL crew should take some decorating lessons from the GC boys there was nothing like being in the sky bar and seeing that laser open up over everyone, except trippin on acid at a Pink Floyd show!!! smile.gif

Rebecca, Stephanie and I were trying to figure out how to take one of those triangle sheets home with us, we could untie the bottom but I would've had to scale the wall to get the top undone...I was comptiplating it, but realized everyone in the booth would've seen me and knew security would be up my ass in a second...oh well, there's always next month.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Originally posted by tranza:

Was a great party.. The one thing that ruined it.. SANDRA COLLINS..

WTF was she playing?? Her track selection was horrible.. Her set took me nowhere.. They shoulda let Guy Ornadel(sp?) stay on all night.. He blew it up for Sandra Collins, and she just killed it..

The crowd seemed to enjoy her tho..

I've never seen a lazer show like that ever in my life.. Limelight should invest in one of those..

All in all, I had a good time.. I expected her to play a good set, and she didnt.. Oh well..

mate - i guess we'll have to agree to disagree - i thought almost the exact opposite - i expected her to be pretty mediocre and kill the mood but for me she seemed to just be on top of it like i've never seen her before - limelight always thins out after 4 o'clock - it's too bad that the emptiness does kill the vibe a little bit but to me it almost felt like she was making the tunes up out of raw materials - anyway....i'm glad you liked guy.

------------------

And they tell me that women grow on trees

And if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by schwingep:

The LL crew should take some decorating lessons from the GC boys there was nothing like being in the sky bar and seeing that laser open up over everyone, except trippin on acid at a Pink Floyd show!!! smile.gif

- Pete

cool.gif

Bro, when I saw that lazer tunnel with the smoke from the sky box, I spilled my drink all over some chick.. I have never seen anything like that before..

Good to meet you friday night.. Long live JP wink.gif..

------------------

Look At All The Lonely People.. Where Do They All Come From..

yeah gatecrasher was pretty good i though, i think guy ornadel and sandra played for the crowd, i wouldnt say sandra was horrible, sandra is sandra.that was my first time at limelight since 93, when clubkids and 9 inch adidas platforms were in. the gatecrasher folks put on great visuals, thats what their known for, their ibiza parties this summer at eden were the same except they had roger sanchez as their resident. if your ever in the uk, go to shefield at the republic, thats gatecrasher in their prime. all hail gatecrasher

Yo that green laser light is fuckin awsome. Limelight def needs to buy one of those its like a 100% difference. I wasn't their last night but they brought it last Gatecrasher. How much could it cost, they sould really just suck it up and buy one.

Gatecrasher was AMAZING.. That green laser light system was just euphoria..especially when it looked like the globe with all the smoke. The first guy was awesome and Sandra was spinning some hard stuff...I loved the way she ended her set. I still can't stop thinking about that TRIX rabbit dancing and the way Sandra lifted her hands up to get everyone into it. I'm kinda new to this board, but if you saw an asian guy last nite with a red baseball cap, give me a hollar..

GATECRASHER RULES...

Originally posted by depeche27:

Gatecrasher was AMAZING.. That green laser light system was just euphoria..especially when it looked like the globe with all the smoke. The first guy was awesome and Sandra was spinning some hard stuff...I loved the way she ended her set. I still can't stop thinking about that TRIX rabbit dancing and the way Sandra lifted her hands up to get everyone into it. I'm kinda new to this board, but if you saw an asian guy last nite with a red baseball cap, give me a hollar..

GATECRASHER RULES...

I was talking to you wasn't I?

I was wearing the blue sunglasses...if it was you, nice to have met you smile.gif But I did forget your name...brain cells not firing today.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Liquids Thurs, Dec 7th 10pm - 1am

Hey there fellow Gatecrashers!

It was classic Gatecrasher progessive sounds from Guy Ornadel. No journey, no buildups or anything, just pounding tunes again and again.

Caught BlueAngel's and Blackraver's glow stick show during Guy's set. You guys are AMAZING.

Was that laser not the shit? I loved being in the middle of the dancefloor and just getting lost in the laser, especially when it cast that wide circle. And those triangle sheets, wow.

Tranza, I agree with you about Ms. Collins. While I didnt think she killed it or was that bad, her set had no direction for me. And to close with Rank 1, c'om some orginality here please. Since she's closed her Trancesport CD with that song, it's so played out. Just didnt do it for me.

Oh, and she spun Duran Duran's Ordinary World near the end -- an odd choice.

Flithy slagg (suneil)-- great meeting you and your gf and her friend.

Not4kids -- always fun running into you

Sorry didnt meet anyone at the meetups. looked around with Vejita and not4kids for peeps, but came up empty.

While I generally prefer the music and vibe at Twilo, you gotta give to Limelight in terms of the venue. All the hallways, rooms and balconies, just make for a fun trip.

Did anyone else notice that on the main dancefloor there is a definate slope upward on the right side of the dancefloor? It threw my balance off -- made me feel like I was dancing uphill. Okay, this is probably too much information, but I'm throwing it out there.

Archived