Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO TORONTO?

divette

Well Tornoto Has a cool party Scene, iv been to about 6 Hullabalo's And there fun if u like Happy core, also Cheak out the THe Sound Bar" and i hear club Turbo is cool to,

They also have a Wanna be limelight to, but its nothing like the NY one,

i hope that helpes smile.gif

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

Sutton Place is a walk or quick cab ride from Clubland. Downtown T.O. is pretty compact... Unless you go to the Guvernment which is at the base of Jarvis St. and not near anything else at all.

I forgot to mention though, that the soundsystem at the Guvernment is by Phazon, the same lovely people who keep Twilo in beats.

Oh damn, almost forgot, I'm not sure of the current location, but if you can find where the "Deep Red" party is going on now (every friday) you'll be in for a treat. Sweet tech-house.

There's a million smaller venues that are worth checking out - Film cafe, Nasa, Space, the list goes on and on and on, and almost all of them still in that 3 (maybe 4) block radius.

Here's the promoter's forum from the tribe board:

http://216.234.183.125/ubbcgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Upcoming+Events&number=8&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

don't l isten to any bastards on here, i'll tell you the places to go in toronto. Ok. The best lounge i have seen in my entire life (don't let the name fool you) is called CHARLIE's PLACE. This place is amazing. Right next to it is a huge club called Guvernment, make sure to go there it's like 3 clubs in one (lemon bar is in it i think) very much like SF and i think it's 18+ in certain areas of it. ALso check out Docks if it's still open and check out Berlin if it's still happenin. Oooh, almost forgot, check out a lounge called Society, incredible looking space. Actually, i don't think anythin in NYC stands up to it as far as decor goes. that's all i can think of right now but there is defina

Okay,

I'm from Toronto, so here's the l/d.

Clubs worth checking out

Rave Style Clubs (ala Twilo)

System Sound Bar - 119 Peter St.

Turbo - Adelaide St.

Turbo hosts Lifeforce Fridays with house upstairs and Jungle supplied by the Vinyl Syndicate downstairs. Saturdays is straight up house. Club is very young, and very drug. The crowd from System moved there when lifeforce bought the place 8 months ago.

System has Breathe on Fridays which is a pretty progressive night - great talent moves through there. Dunno what's up with System Saturdays. There's also Techno in the back room by Paul Walker (who's played Centro Fly with Terry Mullan).

Both these clubs have guest headliners just about every weekend night... System is my pick for the cooler place to hang out Turbo is a little more popular but the crowd and sound system are hurting. Say hi to Orin for me if you go (tall bald black man with a goatee who runs the place).

Guvernment is Toronto's biggest glam club. Saturdays are huge, and very trancy, very NY big club feel to it. Music is by Mark Oliver - one of the originators of Toronto's rave scene. He plays a maration 8+ hour set that spans the genres.

Skip the Limelight and Whiskey Saigon - cheese.

If you're into house/rnb there's a lot of upscale places that are predominantly gino clubs like fluid, money, life, the list of monikers goes on.

Toronto's Clubland is impressive. There's probably 15-20 clubs in a three block radius from the corner of Richmond and Peter.

An absolute must - if you're there on Thursday night is Mad Bar. This is on the north side of Adelaide St. between Duncan and Simcoe. It's a super fat House party where the likes of Sneak have been know to drop in a spin a set. It's a very late crowd and things won't jump till 1.

Things to know - Almost all bars are 19+ (except System and Turbo which have a wristband policy). Last Call is at 2 and not many places stay open much later than that. System, Turbo, and Guv will be open all night on a weekend (but mayble only till like 6 or 7).

Oh, almost forgot, if you like Garage - there's almost always something going on at Roxy Blu.... Check out Phat Black Pussycat.

Places to find info about what's on-

Free Weeklies (look for boxes on the stree):

Now Magazine

Eye Magazine

Also just about urban fashion store on Queen street.

Finally - there will certainly be a big rave on Saturday - there's one EVERY Saturday in Toronto. Toronto raves are true. Go if you can.

Take a long look around the tribe message board to get a feel for what's happening:

www.tribe.ca

have fun! I miss home.

d

Archived