Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In regard to the winter music conference...

Don't waste your money on buying a badge for the wmc unless you really care about the panels. All the clubs in miami barely respect the badges and you'll be left out of all the parties you thought would be for free. great dj lineups every year save the couple of hundred bucks and you'll still be at every party you want to go too!!! i'm a four year veteran... trust me!

Originally posted by back2basics:

Yeh but after all the over crowding and Dj's getting turned away from clubs etc. it may be risky this year.

A few people i know that have been before and not had badges said they ain't risking it this year.

Let me say this, if you have the gift of gab and a badge it's a major plus. There are a lot of smaller venues that give the badges respect, but 9 out of ten of the major venues, example: space, crobar, liquid, salvation etc.. draaaaammmmmmaaaaaaa!!!!!

Yeh but after all the over crowding and Dj's getting turned away from clubs etc. it may be risky this year.

Sounds about right. Like I said, I've never gone to any of their events, even when I lived on the beach. At the time I wasn't as much into music and didn't like dealing with crowds. Nowadays I totally dig the music but the crowds, I imagine, have only gotten worse. I'd totally go down there just to hang out, but I wouldn't shell out the money for the passes or whatever. And you know how clubs in Miami are (the straight clubs anyway) - gotta dress like GQ and have more women than guys, or else know serious people.

Originally posted by resident:

Sounds about right. Like I said, I've never gone to any of their events, even when I lived on the beach. At the time I wasn't as much into music and didn't like dealing with crowds. Nowadays I totally dig the music but the crowds, I imagine, have only gotten worse. I'd totally go down there just to hang out, but I wouldn't shell out the money for the passes or whatever. And you know how clubs in Miami are (the straight clubs anyway) - gotta dress like GQ and have more women than guys, or else know serious people.

Are you guaranteed to get in with the passes?

Shit dont know what to do now. But it's only $300 and i would rather not take the risk.

Originally posted by divalicious:

Listen to the man! Although I've not been to a WMC, I've been told to save the few hundred for partying...

Spheric, what abour press passes? I'm hoping to snag one!

I write for a magazine and I'm in the music biz. the wmc tells you that you are guarenteed addmission but thats bullshit! i had to talk to three different door people with a press pass and a biz card just to be able to hear victor calderone at cro bar and I was on his list. Listen i'm not telling you this to discourage you, becuase it's a great time to be down there. however heres some great advice. save the money to tip the door people! money talks and everything else walks! as far as the pool... yes that is where the pass is 100% on the level. pretty cool scene by the pool, very relaxed enviroment to meet your fav. dj's. but again, it's not impossible to get around the pool issue.

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

Listen to the man! Although I've not been to a WMC, I've been told to save the few hundred for partying...

Spheric, what abour press passes? I'm hoping to snag one!

I write for a magazine and I'm in the music biz. the wmc tells you that you are guarenteed addmission but thats bullshit! i had to talk to three different door people with a press pass and a biz card just to be able to hear victor calderone at cro bar and I was on his list. Listen i'm not telling you this to discourage you, becuase it's a great time to be down there. however heres some great advice. save the money to tip the door people! money talks and everything else walks! as far as the pool... yes that is where the pass is 100% on the level. pretty cool scene by the pool, very relaxed enviroment to meet your fav. dj's. but again, it's not impossible to get around the pool issue.

Right, so basicaly it's talk, bribe or walk smile.gif

Yeh i herd that there were people at the parties without badges, still dont know if to risk it.. there again $300 is quiet a bit to bribe the door men.

Damn!! OK, so what if we are a group of hot girls??? smile.gif

Spheric, are you going down for this btw??

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Damn!! OK, so what if we are a group of hot girls??? smile.gif

Spheric, are you going down for this btw??

I might be down there depending on my schedule. i'll be in cancun for the mtv week which is going to be mar. 10th - 17th. haven't missed a wmc yet in the last 4-5 years! who do you know is definitly going?

Originally posted by resident:

I imagine not! Miami doormen are the bitchiest mothers. Then again, I've never tried it, but from spheric's posts sounds like it's sort of an iffy endeavour.

you want to laugh, last year i had some of the best times on the way to all the parties, running into everybody in between club spots, running into johnny vicious coming out of the after hours after his set at 10 in the morning while i was just getting up from the night before, no matter what it's a great time!!!! fuck the drama!

Don't waste your money on buying a badge for the wmc unless you really care about the panels. All the clubs in miami barely respect the badges and you'll be left out of all the parties you thought would be for free. great dj lineups every year save the couple of hundred bucks and you'll still be at every party you want to go too!!! i'm a four year veteran... trust me!

i agree 100% ... the adge is a waste of cash unless u really wanna sit through shitty discussions about a bunch of crap instead of sitting by the pool .,... the conference isnt really any intereste to teh average clubber ... the reason u are going is because any one who is anyone will be ther and there wont be any good parties in our town .... if i can give u some pointers too ....i would say ... dont try and be cool with your fashionable late arrival u might pull off in NY .. if theres a partty u really wanna see get there early to ensure your enterance ,,,, and also ... start setting urself up as soon as possible ... last year i had myself on every list for almost every party i wanted to get into before i even left NY ... the conference is gettin more and more popular every year amd the crowds keep growing plus u have the college spring breakers . which u will notice cuz they just stand out of the crowd , chance are they dindty knwo teh conference was even going on ... none the less u have to compete with all these meatheads to get in clubs , dont be left out on the sidewalk .... be ready to name drop like its your job ... =) hope to see u all down there ... !

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Are you guaranteed to get in with the passes?

Shit dont know what to do now. But it's only $300 and i would rather not take the risk.

no.

and someone mentioned something about poolside parties ... those are ussually invite party or <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> ... alougth some of them u can buy your way in ... party sceduals will start to surface soon get an idea of what u want to goto and try and make sure u can get in .. thats the key ... ps dont go bythe party scedual on the wmc site ... cuz it wont list any party that isnt in connection with the conferenece which is most of them ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif