Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got Beads?

Im going to mardi gras for the first time and i would like to ask if any CP peeps have been down there and know the deal??

I know what girls gone wild has shown me, but that is the beauty of film editing....

So if anyone can please lemme know what the deal is with this place, it would be much appreciated. What are the best parades to go to? what are the better bars to hit up? How much is beer out there? What time does shit start to shut down? MOST OF ALL .. WHERE IS THE F'n HOUSE MUSIC?!!?

I already know that there is going to be a kick ass party on monday out there, but i get there saturday so i have 2 days to fill up..

thanks in advance to anyone who helps and all colorful comments are welcomed too, i know you all are just so full of them.....

Never been to Mardi Gras but New Orleans is a party in itself...you really dont need to go far, just stroll down Bourbon St from bar to bar...imagine Washington St in Hoboken filled with drunk people drinkin beer and frozen hurricanes, pukin and pissin in the streets...

...as for house music, well, Hip Hop is very big there and bars play a mix of rock and hip hop songs...there are a few clubs down all the way at the end of Bourbon St...in the 'shady' area...if you know what I mean, lets just say they have buff guys dancin on tables...if you dont mind that, then you are good to go.

There's one NYC type club near one of the colleges but it's so far outta the way, you're gonna wanna be near the action so, efff that. I will say that the lounge in the W hotel is really hot...great NYC type bar...if you're into that.

New Orleans is not the place for house, its a place to get smashed, eat great food, and check out titties...be forwarned with the young girls, sometimes the older mom type has the nicest rack...good luck and have fun

here's my thread and review from when I went last year:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=218106

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=219987

I will be down at Mardi Gras too! This year will be my 4th mardi gras and im more pumped than ever. Ok i will try and keep it short...

Good bars/staples: Pat O's(hurricane), Razoo's, Tropical Aisle(hand grenade), Cats Meow (karaoke), the boot (tulane college bar/afterhours), etc...

All the joints mentioned above are staples in new orleans around mardi gras time. Im sure they will all be packed. Booze and beer is typically cheap down there and avialable everywhere. Daquiris, bees, whatever are always on every street corner so just grab a big daquiri (preferably 190 octane) and be on your way. Im sure it shouldnt be too expensive since you r from NYC.

As far as house music is concerned, im not too sure about where but i know the most popular club down there is Ampersand. I believe that they dont often play house down there, its usually breakbeats which im not all that big into. A friend of mine says that DJ trashy is big down there, and he spins breaks. Im assuming he is there JP and ampersand is their factory.

Also, 360 is supposed to be a decent club but i think its mostly hip hop and ive never been yet.

As for parades, the major ones are Indimiyon, Orpheus, Bachuus, etc.

i think that covers your questions, if not pm me or reply to this thread and ill help ya out.

Some of you ppl out there should go. I booked my flight about a month ago and then a friend of mine changed her mine and i was shocked when i got it 2 days ago for the same price. She is flying southwest for 169 round trip- not bad for short notice. Spontaneous trips are always fun!

Some of you ppl out there should go. I booked my flight about a month ago and then a friend of mine changed her mine and i was shocked when i got it 2 days ago for the same price. She is flying southwest for 169 round trip- not bad for short notice. Spontaneous trips are always fun!

Holla! Where you stayin bro? I went for business so I stayed at the Hilton but my boy stayed at the Royal Sonnesta and had a balcony room...how much is your room?

Im going to mardi gras for the first time and i would like to ask if any CP peeps have been down there and know the deal??

I know what girls gone wild has shown me, but that is the beauty of film editing....

So if anyone can please lemme know what the deal is with this place, it would be much appreciated. What are the best parades to go to? what are the better bars to hit up? How much is beer out there? What time does shit start to shut down? MOST OF ALL .. WHERE IS THE F'n HOUSE MUSIC?!!?

I already know that there is going to be a kick ass party on monday out there, but i get there saturday so i have 2 days to fill up..

thanks in advance to anyone who helps and all colorful comments are welcomed too, i know you all are just so full of them.....

Havent been there for mardi gras - just went there for my college spring break a few years back - had a blast!!!

dont look for nyc type clubs and house music there - they will suck...as somebody said here, New Orleans is a party by itself.. and the stuff that you see on girls gone wild is really not that far fetched - it IS pretty f*&g insane down there....have fun dude...

I will be down at Mardi Gras too! This year will be my 4th mardi gras and im more pumped than ever.

In case you wanna peep a fly party, i spoke w/ someone who used to live there and they said the venue is proper ... and as for the line up, well different strokes for different folks but im all smiles!

Zoolu All-Stars

(in alphabetical order)

Charles Feelgood(Buzz/System ; Baltimore)

Danny the Wildchild(Fully Sorted/Surge ; Chicago)

Dieselboy(Human/POTD ; Philadelphia)

MC J Messinian(Human/POTD ; Philadelphia)

Micro(System ; New York)

Monk(Hallucination/Pimp Juice ; Tampa)

Nigel Richards(611 Records/System ; Philadelphia)

Phantom 45(Fully Sorted ; Chicago)

Scott Henry(Buzz ; Washington dc)

.discoproductions.org/main_disco.php

-----------------------------------------------------

Keep the suggestions coming folks .. i wanna make sure i take 100% full advantage of this opportunity. Im single and wanna make sure i get my fill of mardi gras. There will be a day I will settle down again and when i do i dont want to have to deal w/ that situation ... most women would ask for your testicles if you said you were going to mardi gras w/o them

I paid 166 and land sat night .. what deal did you get?! ... i know im being a jew right now, but damnit my yamaka is spinning on my head just at the thought i might have over spent!

You'll want to see as much music at Tipitina's as possible. Neville Brothers, Radiators and The Funky Meters will be the hottest among others. Best Parades are Bacchus, Endymion and Zulu. Definitely go to Pat O'Briens if you can make it thru the crowd iin the French Quarter, Bars are Cooter Brown's, Ms Maes, F&M PAtio Bar on Tchouptoulas St., Le Bon Temps Roule on MAgazine St., Bennys late night for music down the block from Le Bon Teps Roule, Molly's for chili iin the Quarter, go to Port of Call for a NY strip steak and a Monsoon in the Quarter. all those bars will be packed with hot college babes and all are fucking partying. this is not for the faint of heart. 1 word of advice: Do not do anything that will get yo arrested or you stay in till Thursday next week. Don't piss outside and dont fuckin back talk a cop or u will get beat down and locked up. Be nice and say yes sir and no sir if you get in trouble. If the Dungeon is stillopen go there in the Quarter too for sure. The Blue Crystal too in the Quarter.

Tipitina's is the best music and sometimes the Saenger Theatre on Canal St. has awesome music. Definitely get a fried shrimp and oyster po-boy at Cooter Brown's and an Alligator po-boy too. po-oy is a hero. Dam im enbvious. You will know why I stayed in college 8 years when you are there.

Again: DO NOT GET ARRESTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

HAVE A BLAST! :party::party::party:

You'll want to see as much music at Tipitina's as possible. Neville Brothers, Radiators and The Funky Meters will be the hottest among others. Best Parades are Bacchus, Endymion and Zulu. Definitely go to Pat O'Briens if you can make it thru the crowd iin the French Quarter, Bars are Cooter Brown's, Ms Maes, F&M PAtio Bar on Tchouptoulas St., Le Bon Temps Roule on MAgazine St., Bennys late night for music down the block from Le Bon Teps Roule, Molly's for chili iin the Quarter, go to Port of Call for a NY strip steak and a Monsoon in the Quarter. all those bars will be packed with hot college babes and all are fucking partying. this is not for the faint of heart. 1 word of advice: Do not do anything that will get yo arrested or you stay in till Thursday next week. Don't piss outside and dont fuckin back talk a cop or u will get beat down and locked up. Be nice and say yes sir and no sir if you get in trouble. If the Dungeon is stillopen go there in the Quarter too for sure. The Blue Crystal too in the Quarter.

Tipitina's is the best music and sometimes the Saenger Theatre on Canal St. has awesome music. Definitely get a fried shrimp and oyster po-boy at Cooter Brown's and an Alligator po-boy too. po-oy is a hero. Dam im enbvious. You will know why I stayed in college 8 years when you are there.

Dude knows what hes talkin about. Port of call has great burgers and loaded baked potatos and shit. Do yourself a favor and get a monsoon or 2, imo they're the best drink down there. F & M's, Ms. Maes and all those spots he mentioned are on point. Im not sure if the dungeon is still open but i went there once a while back- to be honest it was 9am and i was so twisted i barely remember but there was some sketchy charachters in there. Speaking of being fucked up and late, if your looking for more bar oriented afterhours, theres a few shady but favorite of the locals. #1 being snake and jakes and #2 being brunos.

And i agree, mardi gras is nuts and out of hand but dont be surprised that if you go too far u will get locked up. Fighting, public urination, even flashing in some cases, messing with the cops horse, etc. will get u ticketed and/or locked up. Depending on what u do, they usually keep you for a while. Sometimes the whole weekend- no shit. So have fun but dont act like a fucking iddiot and land yourself in jail.

Holla! Where you stayin bro? I went for business so I stayed at the Hilton but my boy stayed at the Royal Sonnesta and had a balcony room...how much is your room?

Im not stayin at a hotel man, sorry. Long story short, my gf was born and raised down there and now live in nyc. Her sisters live in an ill apt building in the warehouse district like 5-10 minutes from bourbon st so thats where we are gonna stay. A friend of mine has a room at the royal sonnesta too, not a balcony though. SUpposedly that hotel is very nice and in a perfect location. Im sure ill spend some of my nights there too.

I paid 166 and land sat night .. what deal did you get?! ... i know im being a jew right now, but damnit my yamaka is spinning on my head just at the thought i might have over spent!

Dude you're crazy. $166 is a steal. I paid $169 and i dont see the fares being any cheaper than that. To be honest, anything below 2 is an amazing deal. Shit anything below 3 is a deal for mardi gras. Thousands of people are going down there for these 2 weekends from all over so usually fares are much higher. Consider the both of us lucky and not to be a jerk but dont be so cheap man- fuck it you only live once, what is 166 bucks. Now take that extra money you saved and go buy yourself a shot on me.

Im not stayin at a hotel man, sorry. Long story short, my gf was born and raised down there and now live in nyc. Her sisters live in an ill apt building in the warehouse district like 5-10 minutes from bourbon st so thats where we are gonna stay. A friend of mine has a room at the royal sonnesta too, not a balcony though. SUpposedly that hotel is very nice and in a perfect location. Im sure ill spend some of my nights there too.

Dude, I would do anything to live down there...but i cant stand the damn humidity!!! 125 degrees in Aug, no thanks, my hair would look like :afro:

Even if you dont have a balcony room, the Royal Sonnesta has a pool in the courtyard (you would never know it was there) so enjoy!!

I get on a plane in 50 hrs :bounce: i will make sure to have a :pint: in all your names ..

All of your advice and help is above and beyond my hopes thank you all!! that is why this message board kicks mondo ass

i just dunno how imma deal w/o any herbal essences amongst so much booze .. me needs me tree!