Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mystic tan

danihawk

Have any of you tried this? I use regular self-tanner all the time, but I'm thinking about trying Mystic Tan for WMC. Any info you guys could offer would be helpful, but I really want to know

1) does it work with one application?

2) how long does it last?

3) how much does it cost (in NYC)?

4) is it streaky?

Regular tanning is not an option for me since I am very fair and very scared of getting skin cancer, so please don't suggest that!

Regular tanning is not an option for me since I am very fair and very scared of getting skin cancer, so please don't suggest that!

good you take care of yourself, but sun is important 4 example vitamin d and others and is not dangerous once a week or something, as long as you don't burn yourself... :)

but of course don't tan as fast....

i like it.

it lasts about 5 days, but i dont know if i would suggest it unless you were doing regular beds as well. it might be a little bit orangy. but there are 3 levels of color you can choose from at the place. if you are fair, go for number 1.

it def wont help you get a base for wmc, tho.

you will still get burnt super fast if you arent tan to begin with.

it probably costs about 20-25 dollars an application, but you can get packages.

thanks for the info and the coupon :) I will have to check it out...I'm not really doing it to get a base since I can't really go in the sun without sunscreen at all without burning; I just don't want to to be super pale, so it sounds like it could work ok.

I have very fair skin and I cannot go out in the sun or use regular beds either so I've done the mystic tan and it lasts for about 5 days and the more you go the more your skin will get used to it and it will last longer but you should try to do an hour in the sun with sun screen just to give your skin that sun exposure an hour won't burn you and it will help your base as well.

Just to let you know it also gives off a weird smell for the first couple of days. I've done it a couple times before i had a gig and it definitely serves it's purpose but has that orangey tint too. Unfortunately, I think your best bet is the mystic tan coupled with a few tanning sessions. Especially cause you're fair skinned and burn easily, you're more likely to be more orangey. Good Luck and tell us how it works out for you.

Just to let you know it also gives off a weird smell for the first couple of days. I've done it a couple times before i had a gig and it definitely serves it's purpose but has that orangey tint too. Unfortunately, I think your best bet is the mystic tan coupled with a few tanning sessions. Especially cause you're fair skinned and burn easily, you're more likely to be more orangey. Good Luck and tell us how it works out for you.

EXACTLY!! I would alternate it with the tanning bed once a week. If I had a little bit of a base tan it worked well, but if I went in totally pale, I came out orange

It'll last 4-5 days.

$20 per session avg in NY.

Is it streaky? Not unless you dont pay attention to the video you watch. The Video Tutorial you watch before your first time using it will explain EVERYTHING you need to do. Pay Attention.

That orangey look will be slightly evident the more fair skinned that you are. I do think coupled with a very light Tanning Bed Session you will be more successful getting a REAL SUN look.

Fair skinned does not mean you cant tan nor does the fear of skin cancer. High Pressure Beds are 99.9% free of UVB (harmful damage UV). Most FAST beds equal higher amounts of UVB and Very high Output power.

Start off slow...Tan 2 days in a row (beginner bed for min. session time.) Some people I recommend they dont even finish the time. Skip your third day for Skin relief from UV Exposure.

Almost all of our Salons offer Mystic Tan.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with all that. But, having dark skin has it's disadvantages...ashiness, and makeup colors sometimes look washed out.

Why don't you just tan a bit, not like it will hurt too much, and it won't wear off halfway through wmc.

lol....

i work pt at a tanning salon in the city...

hit me with a message if you wanna swing by.

some people cant tan or its hard for them to get a tan....and the mystic tan is the best solution for some to get that artificial tan...

if you are gonna be out in the sun...

i would recommend getting a real base tan before you expose your skin to the sun...it will actually help your skin adjust and tan better if your lookin to tan/sun bathe

tanning beds...

using a high pressure tanning bed is good and safer than other tanning beds because its non burning(Ergoline 650/Turbo) is one of the best....

but sometimes...u need a good combination of uva and uvb to develop a good tan..build a base...start out by doing a regular bed for the minimum minutes...next visit...do a lil bit more time...

you also gotta be carefull that you dont over expose your skin...because over doing it will just delay the tanning process... sometimes even prevent you from tanning.

it takes about 2 to 3 sessions to develop a base tan...depending on your skin type.

but if you wanna go uv free..then the mystic is your best option.

with one application you'll see results...

it also depends on the color you want to achive...

the tan last about 5-7 days...

a misconception about the mystic tanning levels is that people think the levels are for light,med dark...but its actually set to the persons size...because the diff levels are just for the different spray time...sometimes choosing the highest level can actually give you streaks from the over spraying.

in the salon i work in...we have 2 mystic booths..the original version and the newest one-which allows you to choose from 2 different types of solutions bronzer/clear....bronzer is the immediate result and the clear shows up after 4 hours...& after doing the mystic you have to wait 4 hours before showering

I did Mist On Magic all summer 2 years ago. It's the sister product to Mystic tan I think. It worked pretty well, the color was good but as always the hands and feet are too dark. I don't go in the sun anymore because I don't want to look like a wrinkled up old hag and there is no getting around the fact that UV rays will damage your skin. I have friends who already have sun damage in the form of brown spots on their chests from too much sun. So give the Mystic tan a try.

Sooo I just started tanning at Hollywood and I don't want my face to get tan becuase I dont want nasty wrinkles!!! Can you use regular sun screen in the standing tan booths??? I heard no.

yeh im thinking about going to hollywood tans since its right by my house. i want to get a good base before i go to WMC. i only have 2 weeks to tan, is that enough time to get a base? how often should i tan within this two weeks? i've never been to a tanning salon before. i just dont want to turn orangish/reddish. i usually tan pretty well in the summer with spf 8.

I just started last week. I go everyother day, you shouldn't go everyday. I already have a base so I won't burn when I leave for Acapulco in a week....I'm sure you'll be able to get a base if you start now.....Also I use tanning lotion I bought from Hollywood tans its called chocolate. I dont know if it makes a difference but it smells good! :bounce: