Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for the guys

xxsweetie

If you started dating someone who was of a different faith/background ( and this is an issue for you) and you had no intention of taking the relationship to the next level for that reason would you tell the person right away that this is an issue for you and that you have no intention of taking the relationship to the next level???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you started dating someone who was of a different faith/background ( and this is an issue for you) and you had no intention of taking the relationship to the next level for that reason would you tell the person right away that this is an issue for you and that you have no intention of taking the relationship to the next level???
Yeap, the sooner you tell them the better.....Honesty even though it can sometimes hurt is the best way to go!!!

if you mean by "taking the relationship to the next level" that you´re gonna fuck, then yes i would tell you and move on.

if you mean "getting serious", i would of course not tell you and fuck you while keeping my eyes open for a more adequate partner.

Yeap, the sooner you tell them the better.....Honesty even though it can sometimes hurt is the best way to go!!!

I'm not the one that has a problem with it...I'm just wondering if he does...and wondering if he would tell me if it was an issue...and i mean "getting serious," not banging

I don't understand you...

So you're just wondering if this kid who is dating you might have a problem with you being of different faith/nationality? Has he ever done or said anything to make you feel that way? How long are you two seeing each other? And if it's a concern to you, why not bring it up in conversation with him?

We’ve been dating for about a month ½ (not long at all) and I’m just wondering if he has a problem with the fact that I’m of a different faith than he is (I’m Jewish and he comes from a very Italian-Catholic family). The faith/nationality thing is never an issue for me, but I know it is for a lot of people. I thought he knew that I was Jewish, but I found out recently that he didn’t know, so he basically just found out.

I know that the best way to approach these types of situations is to ask, but this is always an uncomfortable situation, especially in the early stages of a relationship. And, I don’t want him to think that I’m looking to marry him ASAP or anything like that, I just don’t want to waste my time…

I don't understand you...

So you're just wondering if this kid who is dating you might have a problem with you being of different faith/nationality? Has he ever done or said anything to make you feel that way? How long are you two seeing each other? And if it's a concern to you, why not bring it up in conversation with him?

We’ve been dating for about a month ½ (not long at all) and I’m just wondering if he has a problem with the fact that I’m of a different faith than he is (I’m Jewish and he comes from a very Italian-Catholic family). The faith/nationality thing is never an issue for me, but I know it is for a lot of people. I thought he knew that I was Jewish, but I found out recently that he didn’t know, so he basically just found out.

I know that the best way to approach these types of situations is to ask, but this is always an uncomfortable situation, especially in the early stages of a relationship. And, I don’t want him to think that I’m looking to marry him ASAP or anything like that, I just don’t want to waste my time…

how u doin???

im pretty sure hes gunna dump you.......i bet he already thinks your going to get "cheap" on him with the oral and anal aspects of the relationship

I thought he knew that I was Jewish, but I found out recently that he didn’t know, so he basically just found out.

Funny Story:

I started seeing someone years ago, she was actually from Iran (Persian-Muslim). We were dating for about a month, her name was so and so and she had a best friend named so and so. Anyway, we were driving around her neighborhood in Great Neck one night just chillin, blazin with a couple of her other girlfriends and they started calling her by some other weird name (it was her real Persian name). I was like, "why do you keep calling her that" and she kind of just looked at me like "oh fuck"! To make a long story short, her and her friend made up there own american names when they were in high school and they just stuck and she never got around to telling me her real name...it was actually pretty damn funny and oh, did I mention we ended up dating for over 4 years and are still great friends today:D

that is a great story...hope things did not end between you guys b/c of the religion/ethnicity thing

Funny Story:

I started seeing someone years ago, she was actually from Iran (Persian-Muslim). We were dating for about a month, her name was so and so and she had a best friend named so and so. Anyway, we were driving around her neighborhood in Great Neck one night just chillin, blazin with a couple of her other girlfriends and they started calling her by some other weird name (it was her real Persian name). I was like, "why do you keep calling her that" and she kind of just looked at me like "oh fuck"! To make a long story short, her and her friend made up there own american names when they were in high school and they just stuck and she never got around to telling me her real name...it was actually pretty damn funny and oh, did I mention we ended up dating for over 4 years and are still great friends today:D

that is a great story...hope things did not end between you guys b/c of the religion/ethnicity thing

are you blond?

why after 4 years would all of a sudden her religion/ethnicity be a problem?

don't get me wrong though...it was tough at times. I was lucky though cause her parents were pretty Americanized so they accepted pretty quickly. But I remember I couldn't really meet her entire family for a long time, like over a year or so (which I didn't mind anyway).

But no, we broke up because we both turned into alcoholics who abused each other whenever we got drunk :D

I agree with nmn, I don't get why you'd get into a relationship if you knew nothing would come out of it.. it's fine I guess if you're only in it for one thing, but if you get with someone, regardless of whether you have in mind a long term relationship or not, why get involved with someone, get attached to a person, and then be like oh i have to end this now b/c you're a different religion, or you have different beliefs or some shit like that...

i always say the truth from the start !! if shes just gonna be a fuck i tell her right away .. and it works for me just fine .

i know when im intrested in a woman when i get stuck when i talk with her and i just cant be myself around em .. when i get like that i usually know im lookin for more than a fuck with that person.. but when i see a woman thats just hott but in reality i dont wanna go far as far as a relationship i tell em str8 up .. I WANNA FUCK YOU WELL AND THATS ALL !! we can be just friends after :) and you'd be suprised how well it werks out .. if you lie to a woman to get her into bed and then blow her off it usually ends up in a bitter feeling from both sides towards eachother .. just my $.02

don't get me wrong though...it was tough at times. I was lucky though cause her parents were pretty Americanized so they accepted pretty quickly. But I remember I couldn't really meet her entire family for a long time, like over a year or so (which I didn't mind anyway)

that's pretty good, i know a lot of muslim girls that would never mention their relationships to anyone in their families, cause the familys are really strict...

i don't mention my relationships to my family, not b/c they'd mind, but i don't see the point unless it's serious... *shrug*

Actually, I'm not blonde at all (neither literally nor figuratively). its just that religion/ethnicity may not be an issue at the beginning of a relationship but becomes an issue as the relationship progresses. A lot of people dont care abolut the religion/ethnicity of the person they date, but may care about the religion/ethnicity of the person they end up with

are you blond?

why after 4 years would all of a sudden her religion/ethnicity be a problem?

don't get me wrong though...it was tough at times. I was lucky though cause her parents were pretty Americanized so they accepted pretty quickly. But I remember I couldn't really meet her entire family for a long time, like over a year or so (which I didn't mind anyway).

But no, we broke up because we both turned into alcoholics who abused each other whenever we got drunk :D

i always say the truth from the start !! if shes just gonna be a fuck i tell her right away .. and it works for me just fine .

i know when im intrested in a woman when i get stuck when i talk with her and i just cant be myself around em .. when i get like that i usually know im lookin for more than a fuck with that person.. but when i see a woman thats just hott but in reality i dont wanna go far as far as a relationship i tell em str8 up .. I WANNA FUCK YOU WELL AND THATS ALL !! we can be just friends after :) and you'd be suprised how well it werks out .. if you lie to a woman to get her into bed and then blow her off it usually ends up in a bitter feeling from both sides towards eachother .. just my $.02

ohhhh and about the faith thing .. as long as it doesnt get in the way of our relationship if we "DO" decide to make it a long term relationship , i dont care if she believes in a toilet as a god :D

Very Very well put Koky:clap:, and it works both ways!!!!

Funny Story:

Its common. I have a ton of persian buddies. When we go out to get chicks, they rather use americanized names we make up for the night ... sometimes, different names for different clubs lol, rather than have a chick ask 2 times what did they say their name was.