Where are they now? Dustin Diamond

nexusgroove

Screech2.jpg

Name: Samuel "Screech" Powers

Actor/Actress: Dustin Diamond

Character Description: The Nerd

Total Number of Lines 535

Typical Quote: "I'm great at scaring parents. I scare my own all the time."

Biography: Born in San Jose, California, Dustin Diamond began acting as a live mannequin in a San Francisco department store window at age 8. He began modeling and appearing in TV commercials shortly afterwards. Diamond has appeared on other TV series such as The Wonder Years, and reprised his role of Screech Powers for Saved by the Bell: the New Class. His film credits include Big Top Pee Wee and She's Out of Control, and at the time of The College Years, his hobbies included swimming, fishing, playing chess, and magic. Recently, he has been seen touring with his band, Salty the Pocket Knife. Dustin said of his character, "If he is smart enough to get into college, Screech must have a lot more brains than they used to give him credit for on the old show.... In high school he was a little bit of a weirdo, making strange comments and all. Now, in college, he is a much more sophisticated weirdo who goes around making weird comments."