Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Think Morales Did?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again I missed the oppertunity to meet all of you guys. I think like I said before we were victims of the Jersey stereotype. It kinda sux but, until the word gets out all over that Deko is the real House Heads club, somebody else might come through and do the same thing.

IMO

P.S. I want to meet all you guys next time, if I wasn't such a bitch about what t-shirt I was going to wear Saturday night I would have let you know what I had on so you could have picked me out. By the way I had on a trucker hat with a big E on it saturday night.

If any of you are down for a good night of house in a small setting, I am playing at GLO Lounge on tuesday march 1st. Come out for some good beats and I will buy some adult beverages. (just a way to meet all of you, not ment to be a promotion)

MAdness

I was kinda dissapointed as well but as always I had a great time. I think what happened was that he was expecting the tipical NJ crowd and not the musicaly educated Sessions Saturday crowd, and that's is why he played that way. I don't think that he realized that we are true House Heads that go there on Saturdays. I guarntee he just under estimated what he had to work with. I think that if he plays there again and someone lets him know that we know music it will be a totally different situation. We were just victims of the Jersey stereotype.

IMO

Madness

Guys like Morillo and David know that Deko is not the Jersey stereotype. They know the audience will understand their music. that is the only reason they would play there. David does what he wants. And for god's sake Ktu doesn't inspire david to play the hiphop remixes. Ktu is a mass appeal dance station, you guys on this board are too musicaly intune for the station. That is fine cause the musicaly club intune person represents 10% of population of everybody in the tristate area. It comes down to $$ and ratings. If more people were intune with music then when can play the underground stuff. But anyway I don't want to get into radio talk, just understand we are the top billing dance station in the country 4 million a month and David does whatever the hell he wants. Sometimes dj's have a bad day. Sometimes Jeter can't hit a ball then the superstar comes out of him. Same with Dj's and anybody

david was well aware that dj's like morillo and sanchez have played deko....he should have stepped his game but but chose not to or maybe felt he is too good to play in jersey ...and u have a resident dj like santana who educateds the deko crowd week after week and gives his all.......he could of walked into that room and killed it, if i have people coming over to abyss to say hi while david morales is playing than something was very very wrong.......demitri, binoy, joe, hype ect do the best they can and it is unfortunate when a dj comes into a room with the push there's guys give them, and they(the dj) give anything less than 150%.....this does not hurt the reputation of deko, only the reputation of david morales....

Guys like Morillo and David know that Deko is not the Jersey stereotype. They know the audience will understand their music. that is the only reason they would play there. David does what he wants. And for god's sake Ktu doesn't inspire david to play the hiphop remixes. Ktu is a mass appeal dance station, you guys on this board are too musicaly intune for the station. That is fine cause the musicaly club intune person represents 10% of population of everybody in the tristate area. It comes down to $$ and ratings. If more people were intune with music then when can play the underground stuff. But anyway I don't want to get into radio talk, just understand we are the top billing dance station in the country 4 million a month and David does whatever the hell he wants. Sometimes dj's have a bad day. Sometimes Jeter can't hit a ball then the superstar comes out of him. Same with Dj's and anybody

Not for nothing but maybe if you guys starting playing a little more undergroung, the musicly intune people would represent more than 10%.

JMO

Not for nothing but maybe if you guys starting playing a little more undergroung, the musicly intune people would represent more than 10%.

JMO

Been to plenty of meetings and said let's train the audience and play more newer stuff.

Here is the answers i got.

1.) Why risk a 4 million dollar a month billing station. ( If it ant broke don't fix)

2.) every station that does this gets bad ratings and has to switch formats'

for example one of my favorite stations in miami that plays nothing but house had to switch format to all rock cause their ratings were in the toilet. They tried to train the audience, i loved it u loved it, but we are only 10% my friend. People think we at ktu are a bunch of cornballs. Far from it, it is all business, if it was up to us or me we would be rocking dope shit all day. But at the end be out of a job and no station. When it comes to radio play for the masses and win. That is it research and stations like Miami having to change format prove it.

not for nothing but for those who have been to Deko to see Choo Choo, Chus & Ceballos, Sanchez, Morillo, Peter Bailey, Mike Mac....those guys seemed to have good time, smiling and getting into it and make the best of it....

Morales looked pist at the world

2.) every station that does this gets bad ratings and has to switch formats'

for example one of my favorite stations in miami that plays nothing but house had to switch format to all rock cause their ratings were in the toilet. They tried to train the audience, i loved it u loved it, but we are only 10% my friend. People think we at ktu are a bunch of cornballs. Far from it, it is all business, if it was up to us or me we would be rocking dope shit all day. But at the end be out of a job and no station. When it comes to radio play for the masses and win. That is it research and stations like Miami having to change format prove it.

and thats why there is an increase in Satellite Radio Sales

and thats why there is an increase in Satellite Radio Sales

Hype when a person all over the country decides to buy satellite radio how can u say they are buying it just for house music? There over 150 channels and the majority of sales are when u buy a car and it comes with it. I love dance music and that is how i make my living, but how can you be certain the reason they are buying it. Maybe they want to hear opie & anthony or some love Howard who will be on soon, there is no way to monitor why or what Satellite station they are listening to.

But there is away to do ratings on a statins like ktu or z100. And the ratings look pretty dammm good, in fact the # 1 station in NYC is 106.7 lite fm. What the fuck!!!!!!!! Can someone explain that to me??????

Well I can, majority of people like it and that is it and the ratings prove it.

I am not knocking dance music or the underground scene, i Love it but it is what it is with radio. Dance music is my life don't get it twisted focker.

not for nothing but for those who have been to Deko to see Choo Choo, Chus & Ceballos, Sanchez, Morillo, Peter Bailey, Mike Mac....those guys seemed to have good time, smiling and getting into it and make the best of it....

Morales looked pist at the world

from what i heard, and from his past, morales is not an approachable dj......

u can talk to morillo, choo choo or roger sanchez like u have known them for many years...if david has a bodyguard or whatever guarding the booth door he doesn't appreciate his fans or he feels he's above everybody or the jersey crowd or whatever....was he so focused mixing that he couldn't say hello to a few people who came out to see him? i doubt it!

I remember hearing his spinning on hot 97 back in the day and enjoyed it. I never saw him live back then cause I plainly didn't go out. I've heard him 3 times 1 time at spirit and twice at crobar and I hated it. I didn't need him to hear the music he was spinning. Anyone could have spun those records I heard. And he had that angry look to him also. Maybe that's his typical face I dunno. People always say that he is playing into a crowd. Then why would deko and it's promoters even bother bringing him if he is gonna play what a 2 dollar whore could play? Obviously they think he is a talent worth having in benefit to deko and it's clientele. Maybe he should have brought a better game same way he should when he plays crobar. Sorry but I won't listen to him anymore after my last time at crobar until I hear something better being said of him.

:half:

I remember hearing his spinning on hot 97 back in the day and enjoyed it. I never saw him live back then cause I plainly didn't go out. I've heard him 3 times 1 time at spirit and twice at crobar and I hated it. I didn't need him to hear the music he was spinning. Anyone could have spun those records I heard. And he had that angry look to him also. Maybe that's his typical face I dunno. People always say that he is playing into a crowd. Then why would deko and it's promoters even bother bringing him if he is gonna play what a 2 dollar whore could play? Obviously they think he is a talent worth having in benefit to deko and it's clientele. Maybe he should have brought a better game same way he should when he plays crobar. Sorry but I won't listen to him anymore after my last time at crobar until I hear something better being said of him.

:half:

you dumb tramp, what are you doin on my board??? go back to DRAMA where you belong... I dont think David Morales would like to hear your 2 cents either!!

once again I missed the oppertunity to meet all of you guys.

madness - a word of CP advice, if you want to meet all of us, you need to

a) announce a meeting point at a particular bar...i.e. Ceeotter's bar

B) have some sort of incentive "I will have some CDs for you guys"

c) have JAR or Binoy bring you over to the bar and introduce you to everyone

d) buy everyone a round of shots

carry on

madness,

we have to return back on my previous post on the house topic. KTU IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY not hte MUSIC.. they want to make the most money, not give the public the best style music. i have to say, of all the stations i have to say WSIA 88.9 a college station out of Staten Island, has been holding down the house and progressive, never have i once heard anything mainstream being played. someone needs to step up and take from KTU and give the true dance music fans real music on a seperate station just blair the beats, not at 3 am. i am talking primetime. and once again its a crock of shit the crap morales played, you are paid the big money to play ur style, i guess playing for KTU has softened him up.

ITS a damn shame to have such good talent play shit!

david was well aware that dj's like morillo and sanchez have played deko....he should have stepped his game but but chose not to or maybe felt he is too good to play in jersey ...and u have a resident dj like santana who educateds the deko crowd week after week and gives his all.......he could of walked into that room and killed it, if i have people coming over to abyss to say hi while david morales is playing than something was very very wrong.......demitri, binoy, joe, hype ect do the best they can and it is unfortunate when a dj comes into a room with the push there's guys give them, and they(the dj) give anything less than 150%.....this does not hurt the reputation of deko, only the reputation of david morales....

WELL SAID!!

madness - a word of CP advice, if you want to meet all of us, you need to

a) announce a meeting point at a particular bar...i.e. Ceeotter's bar

B) have some sort of incentive "I will have some CDs for you guys"

c) have JAR or Binoy bring you over to the bar and introduce you to everyone

d) buy everyone a round of shots

carry on

This is VERY true :)

JMO

amen, enuff with the crappy dance remixs like "1, 2 step and kelly clarkson "since u been gone"..KTU IS LAME...... that's way dance music is slipping and not growing...... Also alot of the dj's on this thread are hypocrites, 99.9% play safe music......... GROW SOME BALLS

amen, enuff with the crappy dance remixs like "1, 2 step and kelly clarkson "since u been gone"..KTU IS LAME...... that's way dance music is slipping and not growing...... Also alot of the dj's on this thread are hypocrites, 99.9% play safe music......... GROW SOME BALLS

IF YOUR REFERRING TO ME, I HAVE MASSIVE BALLS.......

The basis of confuson i think has to dowith older fans of morales n dance/house music from the late 70s to mid 90s and the new fans of EDM who have only gotten intoit since like 99 or something like that. DAVID MORALES is legend and WILL ALWAYS be respected around the world no matter what. The problem with him is his style has changed of spinning in NYC. Hearing his show on fri nights are a pleasure nothing wut he plays at a club lately though. NYC has this reputation now of ONLY HARD TRIBAL DARK BEATS. Which is why certain djs from nyc whenthey come back play dfferently then they would around the world, exs: morales, morillo.

David has abandon his style that gave him so manyfans in NYC, point in case the last time i heard him at crobar i met a few eope who have been around since the paradise garage and since i had my shirt on it was natural to make conversation. They were like "WOW whats happen to this guy hes not the same dj who played at SHELTER in 2002, hes playing for that guido fist pump crowd that only knows BEATS but has no SOUL cause they need drugs tomove. And if he were to play likethat at the garage he knows that he would be boooed until he changed his style again" So i told her that hey ive been a fan of morales myself since 1990 and when i heard him he very first time he seemed in the transition period then his sets at spirit and crobar he has abandon is deep house soulful/discoy vocals(and when imean vocals i dont mean stupid ktu type of jp of vocals, i mean VOCALS from WOMEN who can sing from their soul) and now in NYC he is playing that harder edgier somehwat commercial soud.

And its not goin good at the moment cause hes alienating his real fans. While new fans o to the music wanna hear there stupid pots n pans hard shit. And since hes not really into that completely hes not making them new fans. I also wonder what his set ws like at disco, but nobody iknow seems to know. And i dont mean disrespect to richie santana who from what i hear is a great dj (neverheard him live though) but who ever said that comment about him playing abetter set than MORALES on any night, shows the lack of knowledge i the house scene and i guess experience. From what ive read on this board though i will agree that his set at deko sounds like was a terrible terrible thing.