Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Insomnia

if I really can't sleep, i'll usually take a hot bath and an ativan. other than that there's always sex. :)

p.s. the acetaminophen in tylenol is really bad for your liver. get your doctor to write a prescription for something that can help you sleep when needed.

1) i know that a huge part of why i cant go to sleep some nights is b/c im worry about what i need to do the next day. a good solution to that is writing things down right before you go to bed, so that ur not worrying about forgetting the next day.

2) try working out earlier in the day. i always feel energized after working out, so its hard for me to sleep.

3) make sure your body associates your bed w/sleep. dont do work on ur bed or read in bed, etc. only go to ur bed ot sleep. haha, or sex.

4) try lowering ur caffine intake.

oh and on a better note. do the below and take me out for steak!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Can’t Sleep? We need you for a research study.

We’re Clinilabs, a healthcare service provider and research facility affiliated with New York’s leading hospitals. We’re looking for people between the ages of 18 and 64 who suffer from insomnia to participate in a clinical research study of an investigational sleep medication. The study will be 8 to 10 weeks in duration.

You may be eligible if you:

• Are between the ages of 18 and 64

• Have a history of insomnia including difficulty falling asleep and difficulty maintaining sleep throughout the night for at least 3 months

• Have stable medical conditions

Eligible participants may receive:

- Study related medical examination at no cost

- Study medication at no cost

- Financial compensation

Click here to take our brief online questionnaire.

About Clinilabs:

Clinilabs is an accredited diagnostic and treatment center that is dedicated to the care of adults and children with central nervous system (CNS) disorders. Clinilabs’ Sleep Disorders Institute provides evaluation and treatment services for people with sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, snoring, insomnia, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, and other conditions.

Clinilabs’ clinical trials involve the study of investigational medications under development for the treatment of sleep disorders, psychiatric disorders such as depression and anxiety, pain, movement disorders, and Alzheimer’s disease. Individuals who participate in clinical trials may benefit from services provided to them at no cost, including medical workups and laboratory tests, and they are compensated for their participation. For further information, contact Clinilabs at (212) 994-4567 or visit www.clinilabs.net.

it happens to me really often.

i have no idea why, maybe its stress, too much thinking?

it takes me hrs to fall asleep.

nothing helps then even sleeping pills.

Lately, I can't fall asleep, no matter how hard I try. Tylenol PM doesn't even really work...I end up just laying in bed until like six in the morning and then only getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep. Has anyone else ever had this? What cures it?

lol....if this keeps up a few more weeks, I think I might sign up to do a clinical experiment....don't they pay a few thousand bucks? haha I'd take the whole fitness board out for a steak dinner

nothing helped? hmmm, have u tried reading yourself to sleep? Hahha, worked for me in college. Every goddamn time that i tried to study - out cold. ORRRRRR what about doing a heavy exercising after work?

Well, goodluck w/that and try tweaking your lifestyle to zone in on really whats keeping u up.

Lately, I can't fall asleep, no matter how hard I try. Tylenol PM doesn't even really work...I end up just laying in bed until like six in the morning and then only getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep. Has anyone else ever had this? What cures it?

i had it for five years... i looked and felt like ed norton from fight club...

took caffeine and ephedra out of my diet. got over my ex-girlfriend that was bothering me at the time, got out of debt, learned not to worry about things i cannot control, and the dr. prescribed for me hydroxyzine (sp?) as a temporary fix... (its the ish they give patients before they get anesesthesia, and you have "no hang over" effect in the morning)

i dont understand this problem...u must have alot of stress or something in ur life...

are you addressing me~!? if so, i had a great deal of stress, i was trader and i was working like an animal (60hrs a week average) plus i went through a horriffic break up like some sappy emo punk) it just wasnt a good time for me... if you werent addressing me, then i just made all that up.

I went through bouts of insomnia and I know it can really start to screw with your head after a while. To make things worse, my wife falls asleep in SECONDS and can stay asleep through any amount of noise. The last thing you want to do is take pills. If you have it as badly as I did, things like Unisom or Nyquil won't work. Only prescription meds will knock you out. You'll become dependent on them and eventually they may not work either. Also, don't go to sleep worrying about whether you're going to fall asleep or not (I know this sounds impossible) because that will only make things worse. There are hypnosis sessions you can download from where ever you download music from that can really relax you and help you fall asleep. I know this sounds weird but they really work. Also, reading will take your mind off whatever it is you're thinking about that's keeping you up. Keep reading until you fall asleep. Lastly, use your bedroom for sleeping and reading only (or romantic interludes). Watch TV in a different room. Hope this helps and good luck.

Do you work out late?

Try taking ZMA right after you get home from the gym if it is already 9ish or later. It'll make you nice and relaxed and you'll sleep llike a baby! Plus it also helps your muscles out after a good hard workout!