Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bringing 20 year old girls out tonite...IDs that get scanned??

They have great NJ IDs that are not valid...they look 100% legit and have the barcode on the back. I know they use the little handheld scanner thing at Crobar and most of the venues..my question is to anyone who has any knowledge behind what exactly those things do. I am under the impression that they just enlarge the ID to see the picture and / or add you to the mailing list. Is there any way these scanners check to see if the ID is valid or have a blacklight???....

Just trying to get these questions answered so I can avoid ruining my night by having to send these girlies home.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ids that are scanned at crobar are only for data purposes, such as GUY/GIRL ratio and mailing lists.

thats not true, I know the software that runs that. Its basicly an application thats running on a modified Palm Pilot with a mag stripe and bar code reader attachment. It accomplishes 2 things, first it reads the barcode and determines if it contains the correct data format for any of the stats that have barcode licenses. IF it does not the device will show an error on the screen and beep. It then checks the DOB and if the person is below a pre-set age (18 or 21 in this case) it will also show an error and beep. If those two checks pass it will add the information into a small database in the internal units memory that is later downloaded for mailing list purposes. In short if you dont have a real license DONT do somewhere that is using those handheld scanners.

im not gonna argue my point cause i could be wrong. But only thing that gets me is how the hell do i get mail at my house from crobar?

if you read i said they use it for checking ID, and then download that information to a mailing list as well. But the mailing list is a secondary function. I cant think of the company who makes the units rite now off my head, but if you get club systems magazine they always advertise int he back and have a web site