Clubplanet Nightlife Community

throwback 2:The Daily Clubber: Bosses Ban Clubplanet in Workp

-By "Grampa from Tha Ghetto"

In the area where "business to business" is a common phrase, job etiquette is extremely necessary.

New York. New Jersey. Connecticut.

These are among the busiest states in the nation, with sales flourishing, best tourist attractions (Times Square, NYC), and some of the busiest metro areas ever established. Therefore, employees and businesses are expected to perform accordingly.

The business market, especially in New York City itself, sees great growth and transit on a daily basis. Therefore, only the "best of the best" are rewarded with employment within this savage region. Those employed are those with credentials and skills befitting, and on occasion if not more so, exceeding those necessary for the positions for which they were hired.

This is the life of a person in the Tri-State area.

However. . . . . . why is it that of late, many bosses are complaining about the quality and quantity of work being produced in this northeastern region?

When asked, 80% of the people asked responded almost as one with this answer: CLUBPLANET.

Now. . . you may wonder. . . . Clubplanet? What is that?

Well, here is where the problem may lie in you bewilderedness.. . . . . . . . . . Bottom line. . . . you aren't a true clubber.

Those 80% of people who responded, while not all, are energetic partygoers. . . . clubbers alike only asking one question on a daily basis: Where's the party at??!!!

While it may seem a bit far fetched, recent studies show that there has been a 57.3 percent decrease in work quality and a 36.7 decrease in overall actual labor in the workplace since the website, CLUBPLANET.COM (originally ClubNYC.com) was founded in 1995. This is a substancial number far surpassing even the decrease since the nation's last recession.

Managers all over this area complain daily regarding their employees' performance on the job.

"I have had to go to the extent of removing the internet from the computers in the workplace" complains a manager at a major NYC corporation. "The usage was out of control, and rather than work, the employees would 'chat' all day on this 'clubplanet.'"

Several companies have followed in this pursuit of a resolution in an attempt to force employees to increase in job performance. Many complain that this website is a "cult" and somehow brainwashes employees into not working and spending all day on it. However, Clubplanet moderator, Dave, begs to differ.

"Clubplanet is basically just a place where clubgoers can go and relax and chill. They can speak on a variety of topics with varieties of clubgoers nationwide," mentions Dave, "Bosses don't realize that the members of this website have finally found a place to have fun. Members can come on and find out anything from where to club and where to club to a variety of different forums discussed by other members."

And while some see clubplanet as a negative, many members see it as a positive.

"I've never had so much fun on a website," says member Grepanelli, "I've been on various message boards on multiple websites and on none have I had nearly as much fun as I have on Clubplanet. Not only do I get info about clubs and all the latest parties, but members actually speak of "real" day-to-day topics, in which you can participate or just read. But it's not only about fun, it's also a learning experience."

Others who have browsed the website but are not members, have also mentioned that it is interesting.

"There's a New York board and a Jersey board, which I found interesting," says John Breslow, a vice president in marketing for a major corporation in New Jersey, "The whole concept behind the website is great and I give much credit to the mastermind behind the website."

While some are giving it thumbs down and some giving it thumbs up, it is still affecting job performance. So what will be done?

"I hope nothing," says Grepanelli, "If they take away clubplanet, my life will change. . . . drastically."

-Fin