Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What gym do you belong to?

i recently joined the rock in astoria.

its big and clean. i have yet to have to wait in line to use anything.

it is expensive though...probably because there are no other gyms within walking distance.

Cool, I joined the Rock when it first started so my premium isn't that high. But seriously, it's worth it - the classes, free-weights, machines, etc. are superb. Maybe, we'll run into each other one day.

Bernard Baruch is from Russian Jewish descent. So I assume that answers your question.

lmao what~!? Baruch was an American statesman Bernard Mannes Baruch a successful financier, served as chairman of the War Industries Board during World War I. After World War II he was U.S. representative to the United Nations Atomic Energy Commission... On Aug. 19, 1870, Bernard Baruch was born in Camden, S.C. His father was a German immigrant who came to America in 1855 to avoid Prussian conscription... Simon Baruch, had been a surgeon in the Confederate Army, while Bernard's mother came from an old South Carolina family. He was a self-made millionaire and legendary stock trader, a brilliant investor and savvy venture capitalist, but in no way was he russian lol he was born and raised here but had German bloodline...

lmao what~!? Baruch was an American statesman Bernard Mannes Baruch a successful financier, served as chairman of the War Industries Board during World War I. After World War II he was U.S. representative to the United Nations Atomic Energy Commission... On Aug. 19, 1870, Bernard Baruch was born in Camden, S.C. His father was a German immigrant who came to America in 1855 to avoid Prussian conscription... Simon Baruch, had been a surgeon in the Confederate Army, while Bernard's mother came from an old South Carolina family. He was a self-made millionaire and legendary stock trader, a brilliant investor and savvy venture capitalist, but in no way was he russian lol he was born and raised here but had German bloodline...

Well I stand corrected. However, its quite recommended to quote your resources . . . God forbid someone thought you actually wrote the first part.

But lets get back to your original question? You were right when you said that Baruch is a Russian name. And I never thought "Baruch" was Russian as well. Your last name isn't an exact indicator of your nationality. For example there are Macedonians that have Polish last names, Chileans with Germanic surnames, Russians with Jewish surnames, Spanish w/ Arabic surnames, and so on. For all I know his name could have been shortened, or changed.

Lastly, your question implied that since Baruch isn't a Russian name, there aren't many Russians in Baruch? I can only assume that, as your syntax was poor. Stern is predominantly Asian, yet the name itself is of Jewish descent. So are there any Asians with the surname "Stern"? Wharton is a name of Anglo-Saxon origin, yet most of the students are Southeast Asians. So what relevance does your question have?

The place is swarming with Asians and Pakistanis.

the school is still considered to be one of the most diverse in the country, but the groups respesented are changing drastically.

in my freshman year, it was pretty even between asians, whites, blacks, and hispanics. by senior year, i noticed far fewer blacks and hispanics and a lot more asians and whites (most of these were russians).

i imagine that its even more that way now.

how much is it a month? are there alot of sweaty body builders? :heart:

there is one kinda near me I am thinking about checking out.

well i got a deal where i am locked in @ $29/ month b/c they directly debit my checking acct. i didn't have to pay a membership fee either. you can bargain with them a little when you first go, too. just whine and complain, and say "well my friend got this deal...". Hey it's worth a shot. It worked for a friend of mine. Good luck.

oh and yes, there are a lot of hottie bodybuilders there. i like gold's b/c i find it's not as much of a "scene" as Bally's or some other gyms. there's lots of different people of all ages and fitness levels, so i felt comfortable there even when i first joined and i hadn't really worked out in over a year.