Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Health Insurance

This whole issue pisses me off so much...even though I work, I don't have health insurance and I live on my own, so whenever I get really sick, I just have to tough it out with no medicine or anything...like, right now, I know that a few amoxicillin pills would make me feel better in two days, but I don't have freaking $200 for a doctor's visit and then another hundred bucks for medication....this sucks, I hate this health care system!!!!

if you really need antibiotics why not just go to a public hospital or free clinic?

I know health insurance is really expensive, but you should get some coverage, even the cheapest type. Fortunately, my job has free insurance, but in the past I did pay about $70ish a month for an hmo. It comes in handy on those rare occasions you're actually sick enough to need a doctor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:boohoo:

not true... through paper work, i live on my own... i am down for making 200$ a week, and i don't qualify... i went to the ER in march and now I am slapped with a 3200$ bill... i had to beg them not do do certain tests because of cost... it sucks beyond anything... i make more money then what is on paper, yet can't pay for medical... i am in school and can't find a job that has medical and will cater to my schedule... one thing i can say for the women out there is plan parenthood, anything you need concerning obgyn you pay on a sliding scale, a full check-up costs me 30$. so there is some relief in certain areas...

anyone that says go to a clinic... i would like you to try and come with me... they never help... that is for the really really poor... they take one look at me and tell me they can't help... they see it as basic as if you have a car, then you can sell it to get insurance...

depending upon your income and rent you more then likely can get medicaid for free. youd be surprised who can qualify for it, and it cover a lot!!

I am in the exact same position...I make some money, but I go to school and don't have health insurance. Even Planned Parenthood seems to have raised their prices...when I posted this like a month and a half ago, they were charging $75 for a checkup, plus the cost of medication...and they wouldnt even see me without a "family planning" meeting, which I wasnt eligible for...I found a really cool doctors office in queens that was clean and had really nice doctors and had affordable rates...but it really sucks not to have health insurance...there definitely has to be more options...i was about to go to the emergency room, and that would have been the most expensive of all...its horrible

not having health insurance would be such a stressfull thing now a days. its no wonder people buy pills online from canada for a fraction of the cost. I dont go to the hosp or doc unless i cant move or broke something... ive had health insurance in my jobs since i started workin at 15 or 16.. had to use it a few times but overall ive paid a shit load of money for a "maybe ill need it this year" insurance option

http://www.ryancenter.org/

I am in the exact same position...I make some money, but I go to school and don't have health insurance. Even Planned Parenthood seems to have raised their prices...when I posted this like a month and a half ago, they were charging $75 for a checkup, plus the cost of medication...and they wouldnt even see me without a "family planning" meeting, which I wasnt eligible for...I found a really cool doctors office in queens that was clean and had really nice doctors and had affordable rates...but it really sucks not to have health insurance...there definitely has to be more options...i was about to go to the emergency room, and that would have been the most expensive of all...its horrible

This whole issue pisses me off so much...even though I work, I don't have health insurance and I live on my own, so whenever I get really sick, I just have to tough it out with no medicine or anything...like, right now, I know that a few amoxicillin pills would make me feel better in two days, but I don't have freaking $200 for a doctor's visit and then another hundred bucks for medication....this sucks, I hate this health care system!!!!

just be thankful of the quality we get. U want free healthcare? then the life expectancy rate would like drop by 5 years at least

someone correct me if i am wrong, but i believe he is saying:

"yea whats going to happen if u come across a major emergency?"

Usually depending upon the level of coverage, the insurance policy will cover it. He asked me that question after I addressed that you can get quality insurance at lower premium. In the future, please read previous posts before you make a failed attempt of humor.

check out www.rwjf.org the mission of this company is to help ppl who dont have insurance get insured...

there was this great report on 20/20,Dateline NBC (not sure what show it was on) last week about the big surge of people going over seas to get 5 star medical treatments for something like 1/8 the cost in the US. They design the hosp there like hotels and apparently all the people that tend to you are registered Nurses, you get a private room in most cases, etc etc. They tend to group a vacation after the procedure to rest.

One example was a lady who got some hip surgery done from a world leading doctor for like $8500 for the operation, travel and vacation.. and it woulda cost over $50k in the states just for the surgery... and all the people they showed were ones without insurance or wanting something their coverage wouldnt permit...some crazy shit.

When you have to pay $20 for an aspirin and $100 for a box of tissues at a US hospital u know shit is wacked

i dont know if this would apply but i know that i was on my college's health insurance plan. it was cheaper and i needed it in order to play sports for them. so maybe u can check up w/ur school to see if they have any plans?

ya most schools have them. At rutgers if you live on campus its automaticly added to your housing fees. Commuters can pay like 150 a semister to opt in.

Get covered. You don't have to pay a massive premium for quality insurance.

that's true. the thought of not having health insurance is scary.

a couple hundred dollars per month for insurance could save you a LOT of $$ and your credit in the end.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

try checking NetQ , might help with concerns regarding health insurance and got to see how other health insurance companies are pricing..,

I had to go to the ER over the weekend. Sucks because I don't have insurance, but I had no chioice. I don't even wanna see the bill. I better be getting mass health. This is BS :mad:

If you live in NY state, you can get health plus...you have to go to their office to fill out a few applications, and the doctors are really limited, but it covers emergency room treatments and prescription medications and there are some really good doctors on it...my friend just got it and I was surprised how quickly he got his insurance....

Thankfully, my job now covers my health insurance...but our plan is so stupid...there's a $125 deductible so I haven't gotten around to getting any prescription medications yet because it's going to cost me $150 the first time lol