Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sign of true love ?

lollie60

let's say you found a nice person ..

but then you think about marriage , having a family and growing old with this person and you feel like you're gonna choke + vomit. And the thought is just so horrifying

IS that a good sign ?

You see wedding videos and some people passing out or puking at their weddings becuz they're so nervous.. . These are reactions of nervous people who are afraid or think they're making a huge mistake .. not something happy people in love do

I don't think those are good signs .

EX. Carrie from Sex & the City almost vomited/suffocated when she was about to marry Aden even though he loved her and was a nice guy

SO is this a typical normal healthy reaction to LOVE ?

let's say you found a nice person ..

but then you think about marriage , having a family and growing old with this person and you feel like you're gonna choke + vomit. And the thought is just so horrifying

IS that a good sign ?

SO is this a typical normal healthy reaction to LOVE ?

it is normal to be nervous. of course, its a huge life decision.

but when you think about spending the rest of your life with a person you love, and you feel like vomiting because it is so horrifying then obviously you are no where close to the commitment of marriage

in my case when i think about the man i love that i hope to marry. or the man i will marry and grow old with, i smile.

when the time comes ill be very nervous/anxious. but i wont find the idea even remotely "horrifying"

love gives me butterfiles, not projectile vomiting...

i believe i finally met "the one," and i am very very much in love with her. wats great about the whole thing is that we have known each other for over 2 years before we started dating earlier this month, but the emotions have been growing for quite some time. i am so ready for everything that this relationship can become. honestly, the being single thing just wasnt cuttin it anymore.

In general ... People that do that whole "oh, I have a bf, I have gf" way of talking, and refer to the fact that they have one to make themselves sound important, lack self worth. Most people toss around terms too lightly now ..."im in love", "she might be the one". Anyone can get married. Anyone can find the one. Try, however, to find the one that is the real catch, that everyone is after, and be able to keep it, and not have the marriage fail like most today, or turn into a faux-marriage, an open-relationship or with rapant secret infidelity.

i think the only way these days that a woman can prove that she truly loves a guy is thru anal sex...only when she agrees to have anal sex with him can the guy know that her love is true

otherwise it's all bullshit i say

:laugh:

there's nothing wrong with being nervous about something that is supposed to be a lifetime commiment. i was engaged, but never nervous and i believe that's because we were good friends first.

love (god i hate using that word) and commitment are two different independent things.

you can love without committing, and also commit without love.

don´t think of them as connected. you can very well love a person your whole life without committing yourself to them. you have to set yourself free from what others expect you to do. like that you should marry a guy only because you´ve been together with him for a couple of years. it´s all bs and only in your head. just live your life in whatever way you like.

i for one will certainly not commit myself for now, and i can´t picture me doing it for a long time.

btw, bullseye, friends that become lovers are definately the way to go. i was friends with my current girl for like 4 years before we got together and we get along great.

if you're not exclusive you can't really say someone is your girlfriend or a boyfriend ... then they're something else.

If you're not in a exclusive relationship with ONE person ..there's no need to use titles like that ...don't you think ?

if you're not exclusive you can't really say someone is your girlfriend or a boyfriend ... then they're something else.

i try to avoid words like "girlfriend"... cause there are so much boundaries and restrictions associated with it.

i´m not someone who puts labels on something that i have with a girl. if you´re both free spirits, defining what you have as a "relationship" or defining her/you as "he´s my boyfriend" or "he´s my girlfriend" is just putting labels and in the end, hurting what you have.

i put very little commitment and very little labels on things i have with a girl. it´s more of a "i like you today, i´d love to see you tomorrow" basis. this is IME the mindset you´ll have the longest and "healthiest" relationships with, believe it or not. in really working relationships partners don´t put pressure on themselves by labelling themselves a certain way and therefor living the relationship through predefined pseudo-rules on what "a boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship should look like.

if i´m with a girl and really like her, i won´t feel like fucking other girls. do i need to have endless talks about how "we´re exclusive now" and "she´s my girlfriend i´m her boyfriend" and telling everyone that we´re together and that we´re "bf and gf now"? not in my world. the feeling i have with her could last only a week, it could also last a few months, a few years, or even forever. i don´t know yet, and she doesn´t know either, that´s the whole point. just live your life by the moment, go along for the ride. that´s what´s life about. don´t worry about explaining the way you live life to others, as long as it makes sense for yourself.

I'm in love with my boyfriend of over two years, and it took me a REALLY long time before I reached that point that I knew I wanted to have a future with him.....thinking about marriage and having a future together used to scare the crap out of me, but I just reached this point all of a sudden where I wanted him in my future...I think that you'll just instinctually know...you should always trust your instincts

i try to avoid words like "girlfriend"... cause there are so much boundaries and restrictions associated with it.

i´m not someone who puts labels on something that i have with a girl. if you´re both free spirits, defining what you have as a "relationship" or defining her/you as "he´s my boyfriend" or "he´s my girlfriend" is just putting labels and in the end, hurting what you have.

i put very little commitment and very little labels on things i have with a girl. it´s more of a "i like you today, i´d love to see you tomorrow" basis. this is IME the mindset you´ll have the longest and "healthiest" relationships with, believe it or not. in really working relationships partners don´t put pressure on themselves by labelling themselves a certain way and therefor living the relationship through predefined pseudo-rules on what "a boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship should look like.

if i´m with a girl and really like her, i won´t feel like fucking other girls. do i need to have endless talks about how "we´re exclusive now" and "she´s my girlfriend i´m her boyfriend" and telling everyone that we´re together and that we´re "bf and gf now"? not in my world. the feeling i have with her could last only a week, it could also last a few months, a few years, or even forever. i don´t know yet, and she doesn´t know either, that´s the whole point. just live your life by the moment, go along for the ride. that´s what´s life about. don´t worry about explaining the way you live life to others, as long as it makes sense for yourself.

So this girl you are talking about ... she's what ... ur girl friend?

lol jk. Actually agree with u virtually 100% on this one. And do the same thing for the most part.