Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Edge Tribute Night with Mike Sharpe!

aj2234

Guest onisakura

Id like to try to make it out to this again this year. Last years party was jam packed, so many incredible dancers. I was too shy to dance in front of everyone because everyone was so much better!!

I may not have gone to the Edge, but from what i saw last time, it was definitely not a disgrace. You could tell that a lot of people there were old school and didn't really come out all that often anymore. The buzz was infectious and the fun was addictive. EVERYONE had a great time.

All i want to know is, Angel - are you guys gonna record Gregs set???

I had many memorable Sunday mornings with Mike Sharpe on the decks. I started going to the Edge after the Bruce Wilcox run and when Mike Sharpe was resident. Those mornings hold a very special place in my heart and it was THE EDGE.

I don't undertsand what the big deal here is. The first Return to the Edge party was greeted with a similar reply from Drew Bongiorno on this message board. After Drew said what he wanted to say, I commented to AJ that maybe they (Culture) should try to get Bruce and Drew involved. They couldn't do it but at least the courtesy of asking them to play was made. Drew later came on and said that it was cool that at least they were contacted and that hatchet was then buried.....until now

And now....AGAIN....another negative comment 2 years later....

I'm not familiar with the details of the "rivalry" or whatever it is but it comes across as if the old Edge guys are very bitter about all these "return to the edge" parties. But what everyone needs to realize is what Mike Sharpe mentioned: The Edge was The Edge for people that both were patrons during the early days and also towards the end when Mike was there. It was a one of a kind club that has had no equal since its demise.

Isn't it getting a little old to be bitching about this shit? Why don't YOU Guys throw your own Edge parties? If you feel so strongly about it do something instead of sitting there and rehashing the past with bitterness everytime you see "The Edge" written on flyer. Is it that tough to get along?.....seriously....

peace dude.

"we got to learn to love each other, trust each other, work with each other and this is the only way we're gonna rise up above all this stuff going on down in here..." ;)

I'm kicking my own ass because I completely forgot about this..

I'm a bit confuzzled too, but I think there was an Edge Tribute party in April and now, this weekend, there's gonna be the Return to the Edge Party.

Not sure though.

The first RttE party, at the old Edge, was a badass fucking party!!!

If this one will be anything like the first, it should shape up to be a wicked show!

FX