Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo Birthday Bash *~Reviews~*

wow im surprised so many people on this thread talking about a vibe, if there was a vibe than i def missed it last night.

first off, nothing against morillo, he def rocked it as always. track selection was good, started off the night kinda mellow, then around 230 or 3 he really started to pick up some steam. just some hot tracks off the top of my head that he dropped, avalon into pump up the jam, say hello, geht's noch...started getting much harder towards the end of the night. sound was kinda weird last night too, can't put my finger on it, but something about the system was off. i heard it sound much better in the past.

now for the reason last night was only mediocre despite the kick ass music...the crowd was absolutely awful. i mean it was really bad, i don't remember the last time i've seen a shittier crowd. mangled asians EVERYWHERE, fucking running around like idiots shoving people out of the way, shaking all over the place like retards, im sure everyone knows the deal. lots of trashy people, fucked up people that can't handle their shit everywhere, agh, don't get me started.

last night was my first time out after coming back from the wmc, and i was really disappointed that i kept wishing i was back on the terrace hearing eric rip it.

Good Job Ovrdose :clap2::clap2: ... i agree with u a 100% i thought i was the only one who noticed it... i included that in a previous thread but i didnt get into it... but u said it for me... BUT THE MUSIC WAS GOOD AND THE VIBE SUCKED! THE PEOPLE SUCKED INCLUDING THAT RIDICULOUS FIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCE FLOOR THAT I WAS LIKE 3 FEET AWAY FROM... BUT ANYWAYS THANKS OVRDOSE

i dont usually go to spirit but went only for morillo... but the crowd in crobar is much nicer/cleaner/better looking... there was enough room to walk around last night and comfortably dance and there was no need for juice bags to plow their way thru people... it wasnt nearly as packed as i thought it would be

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it wasnt as packed as i expected there was actually space to move/dance/and get through some what... i thought when he was Crobar it was 10x more packed... i dunno thats how i felt

I was in shock at how not packed it was...I expected it to be insane, but I got there around 3 ( I think) and there was no more than 10 people in line. I had a decent time but I was disappointed in the music...I liked his sets @ space and last time he was at Crobar much better, but maybe I just got there too late (since I'm a "new" Morillo fan). Didn't really notice the crowd except that there were tons of Asians...they are really starting to take over that one corner! I left around 7 and the place was still bumpin but I wasn't feeling the music at all.

its a shame that time and time again these asians (they really the same ones bout 50 of them) give such a bad name and image to the other cool asian people in this scene. Go to the dance conference, 718 sessions, shelter, love, and deephouse soulful party where its abut dancing and not drugs, and you will see some amazing great asian people.

Everybody's always complaining about the crowd at Spirit, but we all go anyways for the music...its always what you make of it...if youre going to go there and complain about the crappy crowd the whole time, youre not going to have fun...I had a good time..the music was awesome, I was there with a lot of friends, and it was just a fun night overall

just go to crobar and avoid all this crap. security is so much better there. any problems le them know and its taken care of asap. also usually an older crowd there which makes a bigg diff. also sullivan room is a great safe place to partry. no bs there at all. just avoid spirit and do yourself a favor. :spin:

Not for nothing i am just sick of all you people complaining of how things should be! GIVE it a REST already, people going to do drugs, people are gay, people are assholes, people are nice, people are juiceheads, people are e heads and so fourth!!! face it if your rich enough go to a high class party where they only do TINA, or COCAIN!! OK SO PLEASE STFU.... enough said.. !

glow :jacked:

just go to crobar and avoid all this crap. security is so much better there. any problems le them know and its taken care of asap. also usually an older crowd there which makes a bigg diff. also sullivan room is a great safe place to partry. no bs there at all. just avoid spirit and do yourself a favor. :spin:

i respectfully disagree...i've had some great times at spirit, but it tends to be on off-nights (some random sat night when i didnt even know who was spinning, and another night w/David Guetta & Exacta). big name dj's tend to bring out the shittier crowds, bottom line. doesn't matter what venue it is. i thought morillo's crowd at crobar was pretty awful too, but luckily i had a good group of friends, we staked out our spot on the floor, and rocked out. but imho spirit is a good venue if you catch it on the right night....

I miss Morillo from his Subliminal at Centro-Fly days...

seen him a few times and havent enjoyed the sets that much since those days and his first few parties at Discoteque like 2 years ago

hes gotten a little too much into that harder NYC sound now...I miss the Funky, Chunky Disco sounding Erick.....

I hung out up on the balcony + if a bomb went off upstairs

every stripclub in NYC would have to close the girls in there were hot!!!!!!!

and I only saw it more packed on one of the early JP nights

so many people are complaining about the crowd

but most of the crowd was the same people who go to crobar,

thats why crobar was f-ckin empty on Friday night.

the bottom line is Spirit sucks

they have the best sound system

but something's still missing

I've now heard every big NYC dj at Spirit

JP,DT,Victor,Boris,Morales,Sanchez,+and Junior

I thought Morillo's night was better than all of them

but i still liked Erick more at Crobar, Centro-fly,and even at Discotheque...

Crobars System sucks...

Hi everyone first time posting here.

Morillo did a quility job the selections were just right to get the party going def the best party of his I've been to recently. Between the guido clap, asian love train, and me feeling like a damned pinball, it did get a bit annoying but thats before 4:30 once they cut of the liquor most of the people who arent there for the music left.

Anyway just wanted to intorduce myself hopefully I get to meet some of you guys at the next party (Danny T).

i thought it was a good night. kinda packed with a weak crowd. music got better as the night went on. but spirit has this strange feel to it always - like a negative energy to the building. idk lately nights seem off, even if the music is there. but it was worth the evening, im glad i went.

like a negative energy to the building.

I kinda like this, in a sick weirdo (that I am) way.

Some room are definitely darker than others.

Crobar's very light for example (very open, super clean, new) ; Vinyl on the other hand had a dark thing going on I feel (specially when Danny was spinning those Saturday mornings).

As I said, I love the dark clubs better (less flufffy), you know, the rough, simple, space with giants speakers at the 4 corners. Make me feel more like an underground house party, dancing in a space we shouldn't be in :) .

"like a negative energy to the building"

def feel the negative energy in spirit.... ok im a firm believer that everyone has their opinions... the only reason why i went to spirit on friday was solely for MORILLO... i was also at crobar in the beginning of the night... people can say what they want crobars system is not better than spirits blah blah blah but the majority of people seem to perfer to go to Crobar... there is just a different vibe, no reason for the shoving and pushing in a place where its "comfortably packed"

When I was there Morillo didn't play "break down the doors" or "so many times" i'm guessing he played those the last 2 hours I believe he played till 1pm... thats when he usually breaks those out or before primetime

His music selection was def on point, also if it was the same crowd as Crobar it would've been alot more packed... in Crobar someone happened to pass by me and bumped into me while i was holding a drink... naturally the drink spilled a lil and he offered to by me a new drink and it wasnt even that serious but i denied... anyways the point crobar crowd could be more mature and civilized than that i experienced at spirit... u def feel the difference in both venues and Crobar is a much better venue by far... yea yea i know sound system put that to rest... if it was that miserable u wouldnt have Morillo, Tenaglia, Cox etc. djing there for 12-15 hours none the less...one must understand acoustics are much different from spirit to crobar... crobar is bigger therefore sounds bounces off less

Reasons I WOULD go to Spirit:

1. Morillo

2. Tenaglia

I really dont understand a lot of people here, instead of focusing on alll the bangin girls that were at spirit you stare and bitch at the asians that were only hangin out in one corner of the club.

I haven't been to Spirit since JP played at the Halloween party... that was a while back. Anways from what I hear most people still have an issue with Spirit. I have NO problem with Spirit because I too like a dark club like SF was. The intimacy factor of a dark club is what I like. I think the problem that most have with Spirit is the crowd and the overall age of the crowd. I went to Crobar last week and the crowd was def a "good looking" crowd and the age was definitely a little older. It's a just tad bit light for me, but it's still a good size dance floor. I'm pretty sure there were some good looking asian girls in those groups of asians mentioned that night as well as plenty of other bangin girls inside Spirit. My question is why hasn't there been more reviews of the bangin girls that were there that night? What people are complaining about are the same petty things that everyone here goes through when a club is crowded. We've all been there. So does anyone anything valid to complain about that has NOT already been mentioned?

I haven't been to Spirit since JP played at the Halloween party... that was a while back. Anways from what I hear most people still have an issue with Spirit. I have NO problem with Spirit because I too like a dark club like SF was. The intimacy factor of a dark club is what I like. I think the problem that most have with Spirit is the crowd and the overall age of the crowd. I went to Crobar last week and the crowd was def a "good looking" crowd and the age was definitely a little older. It's a just tad bit light for me, but it's still a good size dance floor. I'm pretty sure there were some good looking asian girls in those groups of asians mentioned that night as well as plenty of other bangin girls inside Spirit. My question is why hasn't there been more reviews of the bangin girls that were there that night? What people are complaining about are the same petty things that everyone here goes through when a club is crowded. We've all been there. So does anyone anything valid to complain about that has NOT already been mentioned?

werd... there were some incredibly hot girls there that night... complaining is definitely par for the course on this board.. instead of looking at the brightside of things people tend to focus on the negative... spirit is a great venue, morillo is a great dj and there was a lot of energy in that room on fridy night.. what more can you ask for... morillo attracts a certain crowd and he plays a crtain kind of sound... times have changed. if you dont like it dont go.. i've used this anology before but if you dont like ham... then dont make a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch.. lol