Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Excerpts from Sasha's interview in DJ Mag...

Here are some excerpts from Sasha's interview in this month's new DJ Mag...

Your're Twilo residency seems to have won you a lot of fans. You and John Digweed got mobbed in New York while you were promoting the Communicate mix cd, didn't you?

"Yeah and it was the most awful, nerve racking experience of my life. We walked into Virgin and there were literally 3000 kids in there in the middle of the day, it was like Twilo with the lights on. John went a deep shade of red, I was sweating, we were in all sorts of trouble. We played about three records then the system blew up and I've never been so relieved in my life, because it was just too intense, you had no where to hide. I felt like Ricky Martin or something. Afterwards we signed CDs and shook hands with people, which was cool but I think I'll be sticking to clubs in future. I dn't think me and John make very good pop stars."

You're talking about that elusive album

"I've been talking about it for do long people are probably thinking change the fucking record. The thing is, I've had so many other commitments with gigs and mix albums, plus when I started working on it I didn't even know how to to turn a computer on. But I'm very comfortable in the studio now and I feel like this is the time. It's unfinished buisness for me. I'm working on stuff at the moment, going back over samples from the last three years and getting a lot of breakbeats and stuff together, I want to make an album for clubbers to listen to, but I don't just want it to be an album of club tracks. Things like the new Radiohead album are a real inspiration for me. It's a gorgeous record with amazing studio techniques and a really strong identity...it flows together so beautifully you want to put it on again as soon as it's finished."

Sasha will be taking a six month break to work on his album...but his residencies at Twilo and Fabric will be intact. There will also be a monthly broadcast from his website.

cwm39.gif

------------------

maybe someday is when it all stops or maybe someday always comes again...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 12-01-2000).]

Hehe.... They don't make good Pop Stars...

Shit.. that's funny...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

Thanks Frank......yea I downloaded a couple of live interviews of Sasha and it seems he was really not aware of how big a fanbase he has in NY or the states altogether......I guess he does now.......good shit

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

what the fuck is Sasha is talking about. there was not 3000 people at virginmega store at union square. it was more like 200, i know because i was one of them. the day was thursday june 28 and they had a shit because the sound system crashed. he is right on that. he needs to be fucking thankful that we are paying his bills. cwm23.gif

Archived