Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Classic pitcher duel between smoltz and pedro

another great game today, daz wut im talkin bout...gotta believe baby...yo but on da real, da mets wuz really pissin me da fuck off, i mean for cryin outoud...0 n fuck 5 to start da season, lez go already, i mean iz all good, dey comin back now 2-5...we'll see wuz up...REYES IS DA FUCKIN MAN!

another great game today, daz wut im talkin bout...gotta believe baby...yo but on da real, da mets wuz really pissin me da fuck off, i mean for cryin outoud...0 n fuck 5 to start da season, lez go already, i mean iz all good, dey comin back now 2-5...we'll see wuz up...REYES IS DA FUCKIN MAN!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im just saying he should of never gone closer, that wuz a stupid mistake

If that's your opinion...

If anything, I think he extended his career a few years. Even though he didn't have as much rest and maybe he threw a little bit harder, how many times do you think he threw over 20 pitches?

And it obviously worked for the Braves, Smoltz was lights out for the most part, and the Braves kept winning. That's why Cox and Mazzone are the best at what they do IMO.

dunno why cox left him in as long as he did....no matter what smoltz said, i wouldnt have had him go past 100 pitches....boy did he lose it quick!

as a mets fan, i cant complain though... :)

Well, I couldn't really see if he was laboring, hanging pitches, etc, since I'm stuck in the 1920's lol but I'm curious as to why Cox slept on that. I'm surprised they don't have him at some kind of 6 inning, 100 pitch cutoff, at least for the time being.

the guy was pitching lights out up until the 7th...you gotta let him go out there and see how he does...

he gave up a nice hit to Reyes on a 2 strike count (I believe) and Beltran took him deep on a good pitch that he went and got. Both were good at bats by the Mets. I see no problem in letting him go out there. It was his game to lose up until that point.