Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where NOT to go in Boston?

summit

Just for future reference, what clubs / nights should I AVOID like the Plague due to crowds that are, HOW SHOULD I PUT THIS, "not up to par"? Face it, there are some people you want to be around, and some you don't want to be around. I mean, I'm not a kid anymore and I know where I DON'T want to be when I'm out in Manhattan BUT I don't know which places to avoid when it comes to Boston.

Also, what are the best places to go for a good date? a nice chilled night? good live bands? and whats the best place to go if I have to entertain some older folks (who like to dance, but don't want to dance next to a guy w/ his shirt off)?

being that this is a public board, for those who offer quality / sincere replies :bowdown: in advance. for those kids who are here to poke fun :gang: in advance.

M

Honestly...I avoid:

Tequila Rain (where cheese and old people come together)

Big Easy (actually, all of "The Alley")

Roxy (esp. now that it's going top 40)

Buzz (I mean, Paul Pierce got stabbed there, I'd be killed)

Opal (great music some nights, but, call me crazy, bars should have booze)

There are others, I'll keep thinking.

Honestly...I avoid:

Big Easy (actually, all of "The Alley")

Opal (great music some nights, but, call me crazy, bars should have booze)

Yeah the alley sucks.. Sweetwater Cafe isn't too bad though, I prefer it to most of the trashy college bars around here. Though its been over a year since I've been, could be different now.

Never had any problems with Opals bar though.. I always get hooked up with strong drinks there :huh:

I would avoid Venu of all places.. it's a rip off and the staff acts like its the best club in the world. Rumor is right next door and much better.

Tonic smells like feet.

Avalon Saturdays are pretty gay, unless you'd enjoy a cloned army of spiky haired, fake tanned, buff guys in the same A/X shirt.

Also, what are the best places to go for a good date? a nice chilled night? good live bands? and whats the best place to go if I have to entertain some older folks (who like to dance, but don't want to dance next to a guy w/ his shirt off)?

The Middle East always has a bunch of live bands playing, anywhere from rap to metal to straight up rock, no big names though, usually local.. you'll find something you like every now and then and it's cheap. They have the best middle eastern food in the city as well imo..

For good dates 33 is not bad.. nice restaurant with a lounge.

almost got kicked out of Opal :laugh:

about a month ago I walked into the bathroom there and heard loud sniffing sounds in the cubicle. So I say "dude, they can hear you doing drugs over the music, take it easy," so 5 seconds later a bouncer comes out, turns out the guy just had a cold :laugh: This stuff always seems to happen when you have to take the longest piss and can't get the hell out.

about a month ago I walked into the bathroom there and heard loud sniffing sounds in the cubicle. So I say "dude, they can hear you doing drugs over the music, take it easy," so 5 seconds later a bouncer comes out, turns out the guy just had a cold :laugh: This stuff always seems to happen when you have to take the longest piss and can't get the hell out.

LOL

TGI Friday's, Pizzeria UNO

Sounds like a plan. Eli, I believe the last time I was in Boston a friend of mine mentioned a "good dj friend of hers" was spinning somewhere, but we never got to go hear him. I believe she mentioned your name. I take it you're a dj then...

rock on!

Kenny Summit is always emailing me

I'm in charge of his mailing list. If you want to be taken off, just let me know and I'll take care of it for you. There is an unsubscribe feature.

He is an email whore. EVERYONE he meets, AND I MEAN EVERYONE, he always exchanges email addresses. He is good w/ keeping in touch with people on a personal level though (I'll give him that).