Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Getting A 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

HAZE

I will repeat this one more time. Three different people refered to an Eclipse a a girls car. Please go back and read their posts, Mrmiyagi, 3rdflapartment, and OU812. I NEVER said it was a girls car myself, they did. Also don't say anything about me and school because you are the one that does not understand here. I can read and understand all three posts from mrmiyagi. 3rdlf and OU812, can you?

At the end of the day, as long as he is happy with the car, that's all that really matters.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, as long as he is happy with the car, that's all that really matters.

That is true. :)

He seems to have blinders on and literally does not read between the lines, my posts and others. He did refer to the current car as a girls car and "the new one is fire." Whatever.

Exactly. I don't know how people can call it a "girl's car" when no one has even seen it in person yet. I saw this thing at the NY Auto Show and fell in love with it. The current 3rd Generation styling is very bland and only has 210 HP which isn't that appealing. Therefore, yes it is a girl's car. With some work, you can get one to look pretty good though.

The New 2006 Eclipse went back to the 2nd Generation styling and mixed in a little new flavor with the LED clear tail lights and the chrome lined lip spoiler. Not to mention the 2 toned leather interior, something that I loved on my Tiburon.

The other cars I was considering was the RX8 and the Mustang.

The RX8 is nice and the Wenkel engine is cool, but I like the Eclipse's styling better. Also, the RX8 can get up to $33k with options which was out of my price range. I really don't like the styling of the new Mustang either. It looks cool, but it's just not for me.

The Eclipse passes another road test with flying colors.

Here's an excerpt:

"Settling in, I adjusted the mirrors via power remote, locked my seat into position and adjusted the rake and depth of the steering wheel, ready for action. Action is what I got as the upgraded 3.8-litre V6 came to life, now sporting 263-horsepower compared to 230 in non-MIVEC (variable valve control) equipped Galant and Endeavor. What a sweet engine! It pulls so strongly from any gear that it actually inspired a boyish giggle from my tired, overworked body.

As good as the engine is the car's new triple-synchro six-speed manual and 5-speed automatic transmissions are up to the task. The former is a real smooth shifter, featuring short throws and positive increments that immediately made swapping gears an afterthought.

What impressed me most, other than the Eclipse's relentless acceleration, is its almost complete lack of torque steer - a tugging on the steering wheel that often comes with powerful, front-wheel drive cars. What does Mitsubishi understand about engineering front-wheel drive cars that eludes Nissan, for instance? Its manually-actuated Maxima can be a handful when hard on the throttle, darting into the opposing lane if you're not holding firmly onto the wheel with both hands. I can't say what the difference between the two cars' steering linkages and drivelines are, but once again Mitsubishi got the Eclipse right, and resultantly it's a joy to drive fast."

Full story here:

http://aol.auto123.com/en/info/news/roadtest,view,Mitsubishi.spy?artid=40204

:clap2:

I have a 98 gsx, i'll be selling it in about a month, or tradind it in. its got about 47k on it, the only thing its automatic. Just did a couple of easy mods, intake, 91 BOV, larger upper intercooler arm, a couple of gauges in the pillar and turbo timer. Anyone interested or knows about how much, but when i bring it to the Honda dealership, i'll c how much they say. Don't really know which way i'm gonna go yet.

I have a 98 gsx, i'll be selling it in about a month, or tradind it in. its got about 47k on it, the only thing its automatic. Just did a couple of easy mods, intake, 91 BOV, larger upper intercooler arm, a couple of gauges in the pillar and turbo timer. Anyone interested or knows about how much, but when i bring it to the Honda dealership, i'll c how much they say. Don't really know which way i'm gonna go yet.

Nice car. I wanted a '98 GSX but couldn't afford it at the time so I ended up getting a '98 ZX2.

That's pretty low milage for a '98. Got any pics?

Exactly. I don't know how people can call it a "girl's car" when no one has even seen it in person yet. I saw this thing at the NY Auto Show and fell in love with it. The current 3rd Generation styling is very bland and only has 210 HP which isn't that appealing. Therefore, yes it is a girl's car. With some work, you can get one to look pretty good though.

The New 2006 Eclipse went back to the 2nd Generation styling and mixed in a little new flavor with the LED clear tail lights and the chrome lined lip spoiler. Not to mention the 2 toned leather interior, something that I loved on my Tiburon.

The other cars I was considering was the RX8 and the Mustang.

The RX8 is nice and the Wenkel engine is cool, but I like the Eclipse's styling better. Also, the RX8 can get up to $33k with options which was out of my price range. I really don't like the styling of the new Mustang either. It looks cool, but it's just not for me.

im not a fan of the new mustang... i like the previous edition a lot more..

rx8's ehh not my thing.. im not really into sporty cars i like luxury..

if you're thinking a car along those lines why not try the honda accord coupe v6... i love those things and they are under 24k stocked...

also the acura rsx maybe???

i agree with everyone else... the eclipse is definitely a chick car... i was at the car show in ny too and it didnt do much for me... im nto a civic fan but i think the new civic si's that are coming out look more money than the eclipse's.. but like ou said whatever makes you happy at the end of the day

im not a fan of the new mustang... i like the previous edition a lot more..

rx8's ehh not my thing.. im not really into sporty cars i like luxury..

if you're thinking a car along those lines why not try the honda accord coupe v6... i love those things and they are under 24k stocked...

also the acura rsx maybe???

i agree with everyone else... the eclipse is definitely a chick car... i was at the car show in ny too and it didnt do much for me... im nto a civic fan but i think the new civic si's that are coming out look more money than the eclipse's.. but like ou said whatever makes you happy at the end of the day

:werd: Honda Accords aren't sporty enough for me.

I just got an email from a guy that works at the Mitsubishi plant who posts on the G4 Eclipse site. He's hooking me up with an employee discount!!!! :bounce:

Man, that made my day!!!!

This is great because there is/was a lot of talk about having to pay sticker or over sticker because of the fact that it's a new car.

I wonder exactly how much I'm going to have to pay. I'm guessing just the invoice price. :bounce:

Some more cool features of this car:

Dual Stage Intake System - The 6G75 engine found in the GT has a primary and secondary air intake. At about the RPM range where MIVEC switches from low-speed mode to high-speed mode, a door in the secondary intake opens to allow more air into the engine.

It has Cabin Pressure Control System that automatically rolls the windows down 1/8 of an inch when the door is opened and doesn't roll it back up until you close the door.

It also has an Auto-Dimming rearview mirror that comes standard on both models.

The more I hear about this car, the more I love it.

:bounce:

it's not a bad looking car, but did anyone actually read the review he pasted on the first page? it doesn't look like it's got the handling to back up the sporty look from what i read.

sounds like they couldn't figure out if they wanted to make it a sports coupe or have a grandma like soft ride of a luxury coupe.

I just got an email from a guy that works at the Mitsubishi plant who posts on the G4 Eclipse site. He's hooking me up with an employee discount!!!! :bounce:

Sounds like some real B.S. :rolleyes: Just email someone and get their employee discount. Employee discounts are normally for direct family members only. This guy that allegedly is "hooking you up" could loose his job by giving you a employee price unless of course you are part of his family. :jawdrop:

Good Luck

Sounds like some real B.S. :rolleyes: Just email someone and get their employee discount. Employee discounts are normally for direct family members only. This guy that allegedly is "hooking you up" could loose his job by giving you a employee price unless of course you are part of his family. :jawdrop:

Good Luck

you would be suprised at how often this happens.

it's not a bad looking car, but did anyone actually read the review he pasted on the first page? it doesn't look like it's got the handling to back up the sporty look from what i read.

sounds like they couldn't figure out if they wanted to make it a sports coupe or have a grandma like soft ride of a luxury coupe.

I plan on putting an Eibach Pro System kit in there anyway as soon as it's available just like I did with the Tiburon. Even with the 18's, there's still a pretty big amount of wheel gap.

Nills, if I went with the 350, I'd only be able to get the base model and it has no back seat. I'd rather get something totally new and I love the styling of the Eclipse.

I plan on putting an Eibach Pro System kit in there anyway as soon as it's available just like I did with the Tiburon. Even with the 18's, there's still a pretty big amount of wheel gap.

Nills, if I went with the 350, I'd only be able to get the base model and it has no back seat. I'd rather get something totally new and I love the styling of the Eclipse.

It figures you like the styling you drive a tiburon now :rofl::doh: