Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Getting A 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

HAZE

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

intresting i wonder if Mitsu is going to go under or if someone would buy them out?

They've been in trouble for a long time now.

The Eclipse is what they're banking on to turn them around.

intresting i wonder if Mitsu is going to go under or if someone would buy them out?

i doubt they will get bought out. the car industry is in a state of overcapacity right now in both the US and Europe. keeping another major brand alive will only hurt the industry more.

i dont see Mitsubishi going under world wide (the European operation is in good shape). But I do see its US operations dying out.

well does anyone own them? Well over 50% stock wise? Also they were hoping on the Evo and Eclipse it was in an article i think in R & T. Its not that it flooded there is more to it then that, a lot more, and it depends on what company you look at.

More pics. A dealer in TX is offering this car on ebay. The bid is starting at $2000 and whatever price it ends at would be ADDED TO the sticker price.

I bet some moron buys it. They're not allowed to sell them until June 9th anyway.

81_4.JPG

7b_4.JPG

fb_4.JPG

42_4.JPG

More pics. A dealer in TX is offering this car on ebay. The bid is starting at $2000 and whatever price it ends at would be ADDED TO the sticker price.

I bet some moron buys it. They're not allowed to sell them until June 9th anyway.

they were doing that for the bmw 6 series.. they were selling like hotcakes.. but those were kina limited, these i presume will be mass-produced.. weird thing is though i saw one on the stret a few months before it was released and the guy had the bmw logos and the number logos taped up...

anywho.. the front end of this car is the pits.. the rear is almost identical to the audi tt and is kinda similar to the lexus sc430.. ehh this car just doesnt do it for me, but that concept is sick... only thing is it's a concept and you're gonna have to put a SHITLOAD of money into it to get it looking like that... might as well just go with a g35

Ok and Nissan did/does the same with the Spec V and there RF package with RF being on the faceplate. Take the head unit out and on the top it says clarion. Just remember I told ya so!!

after looking through RF's website, it doesnt seem that they make head units at all for automobiles.

they were doing that for the bmw 6 series.. they were selling like hotcakes..

This Mitsu should never be compared to a BMW. A 6 series is a limited production car and will never be mass produced in numbers like a Mitsubishi Eclipse will. Fact is the demand (if any) for the Eclipse will be over in one month after it hits the streets.

This Mitsu should never be compared to a BMW. A 6 series is a limited production car and will never be mass produced in numbers like a Mitsubishi Eclipse will. Fact is the demand (if any) for the Eclipse will be over in one month after it hits the streets.

thats kinda what i was getting at... (not in as many words though) the 6 series was being auctioned off because it was rare... thats why it worked.. the eclipse is being mass produced and is evidently the turnaround car that mitsubishi is hoping for.. mitsubishi is going to be able to back up whatever demand there is for this car, thus elminiating the need for a privilage to buy the car.. i also dont see an auction working for the mitsu because it is a poormans sports car... if somebody has extra money to throw around they're gonna go for the 350z or the g35... they're not gonna go for the eclipse... the eclipse is a car people settle for because they dont have money for a bmw, audi or benz..

the eclipse is being mass produced and is evidently the turnaround car that mitsubishi is hoping for.. mitsubishi is going to be able to back up whatever demand there is for this car, thus elminiating the need for a privilage to buy the car.. i also dont see an auction working for the mitsu because it is a poormans sports car...

Absolutly correct. Supply and demand. There will be enough Eclipses produced to meet the demand and no reason for anybody to pay a premium.

Plenty of cars have been sold at a premium over the years and this Mitsubishi is not going to be one of them.

Absolutly correct. Supply and demand. There will be enough Eclipses produced to meet the demand and no reason for anybody to pay a premium.

Plenty of cars have been sold at a premium over the years and this Mitsubishi is not going to be one of them.

When the Evo first came out, many dealers were getting over sticker for it.

Ok and Nissan did/does the same with the Spec V and there RF package with RF being on the faceplate. Take the head unit out and on the top it says clarion. Just remember I told ya so!!

Mitsubishi Partners With Rockford Fosgate To Offer Premium Audio System With Aftermarket Quality

Renowned audio system to be factory-installed in new 2006 Eclipse

April 11, 2005 -- Cypress, Calif. --

Mitsubishi Motors and Rockford Fosgate have teamed up to offer a high fidelity, high output audio system for the all-new 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse, set to hit dealers on Memorial Day weekend in May 2005. A leader in aftermarket car audio systems for 25 years, Rockford Fosgate offers Eclipse buyers the first OEM personal sound-setting memory option, and their aggressive PUNCH® signature sound, delivering dynamic output with the high impact bass of a premium aftermarket system.

"The Eclipse is a car that appeals to a demographic who enjoys everything about the driving experience," said Mike Krebs, vice president of product planning for Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA). "So it makes sense that one of the best audio systems on the market is available in that car."

Recently launched to the world at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the all-new 2006 Eclipse GT is a muscular, 263-horsepower sport coupe that looks more like a luxury sports car. The Eclipse's striking appearance, combined with the available 650-watt Rockford Fosgate sound system, is sure to get drivers noticed on any road in the country.

"This sound system is closer to the power and PUNCH® of our aftermarket systems than any other OEM-installed system on the market," said Dan Vandenbergh, managing director of OEM, Rockford Corporation. "Its mind-blowing volume and deep bass is noticeably absent from other factory-installed audio systems."

The Eclipse's optional Rockford Fosgate premium audio system features 650-watt amplification with nine-speakers, including a 10-inch, long-throw subwoofer in a fiberglass reinforced, acoustic suspension enclosure. The six-disc, in-dash CD changer plays MP3 files on CD-Rs for up to 64 hours of music playback. In addition to the usual bass, midrange, treble, fader, and balance controls, the Eclipse's advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP), incorporated into the head unit, gives the user total control over the subwoofer PUNCH® level. For 25 years Rockford Fosgate has been delivering the sound of PUNCH®, the feeling that music has when it is deep and loud. There are six levels of subwoofer PUNCH® sound in the all-new Eclipse.

The Eclipse's DSP also allows the driver to take control of the audio system like never before through three new tools: staging controls, musical genre presets and industry first personal sound settings.

Staging Controls

The staging controls of the Rockford Fosgate system set the perfect "sweet spot" for the driver and other listeners. Staging has three adjustments in addition to the normal position: Stage, Live and Hall. The Stage setting corrects left to right staging and the height of the music relative to the driver's position. The Live setting simulates a room such as a rock club or smaller jazz venue. More ambient sound and rear speakers come to life when music is "Live." And the Hall setting simulates the sound heard inside a large concert hall.

Music Genre Presets

The four musical genre presets - Pop, Rock, Hip Hop and Country - are equalization curves that have been tuned by Rockford Fosgate for maximum music performance for four widely different styles of music. Therefore, the audio system can be adjusted to suit the preferences of multiple drivers and passengers, or simply to match the style of music being played.

Industry-First Personal Sound Settings

For the first time in a factory-installed system, drivers and passengers can listen to music exactly how they like it with the touch of one button. Personal sound settings allow occupants to save favorite preferences in memory such as tone, balance, fader, equalizer and staging to a single, easy-to-use preset. There are six presets, which utilize the same buttons used to save preset radio stations.

The 650-watt Rockford Fosgate premium audio system also will be available in the new 2007 Eclipse Spyder convertible, scheduled to roll into dealerships in April 2006.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2005041154693&mime=ASC