Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do dealers have to negotiate ever penny? lol

lalate

Im driving along in Palm Springs in the middle of nowhere yesterday and pass this Chevy dealership that looks like a dealership from the midwest. I drive up cuz I see this car I like that I know the pricing. The range is about 32 to 35 for this 2003 car.

There is a total of 3 visible staff on this property. No one working, buying, selling, nada. So I walk in and say - the 2003 out there. "Yeah?" Would you take 31, 32 for it? Im ready to buy it today.

So they come back and say this one (yellow) is 36 but they'll take 35 and theyll give me a red one instead with 10K miles for 32.

I was turned off by the fact that they have no business here that day, Im in the ballpark, and they are pushing another color that I didnt ask for on me. Why do they have to negotiate every single dollar? lol cracks me up.

to lalate :

they are like waitresses because they work off of commission. The difference is they have the ability/opportunity to negotiate for a lil extra $$. They expect people to low ball prices based on past experiences. At least waitresses dont try to give you different foods or raise your tip :)

what kind of car are you looking for?

To anyone else:

ps. how badly could someone want a psp , spamming posts dont count towards the raffle

they are like waitresses because they work off of commission. The difference is they have the ability/opportunity to negotiate for a lil extra $$. They expect people to low ball prices based on past experiences. At least waitresses dont try to give you different foods or raise your tip :)

ps. how badly could someone want a psp , spamming posts dont count towards the raffle

im not looking for a car. And im not spamming, if u think im spamming, why dont u tell the people who post a message advertising for their product and leave and never return that they are spamming. That is what spamming is, im not advertising for anything, all im doing is posting meaningful posts

to lalate :

agreed. But its funny cuz this lot was about 1-2 acres and had a gm and one sales associate and 1 receptionist and that was it on the entire lot lol.

You could open a taco stand on the lot and no one would notice lol.

Im driving along in Palm Springs in the middle of nowhere yesterday and pass this Chevy dealership that looks like a dealership from the midwest. I drive up cuz I see this car I like that I know the pricing. The range is about 32 to 35 for this 2003 car.

There is a total of 3 visible staff on this property. No one working, buying, selling, nada. So I walk in and say - the 2003 out there. "Yeah?" Would you take 31, 32 for it? Im ready to buy it today.

So they come back and say this one (yellow) is 36 but they'll take 35 and theyll give me a red one instead with 10K miles for 32.

I was turned off by the fact that they have no business here that day, Im in the ballpark, and they are pushing another color that I didnt ask for on me. Why do they have to negotiate every single dollar? lol cracks me up.

first in first out... thats how it goes the longer a car sits on the lot more they want to get it off of the lot... best time to buy IMO is february/march...

the above is very ture.

Im selling subarus right now and it totally sucks working on commision. The great thing is that i get some kick back from subaru of america for selling a new car + my commission (which isnt much).

I literally have to sell 3 cars a week to make decent money and that isnt that easy coming from a dealer that sells on the average 30-40 cars a months. I am one of 4 sales guys.

Some dealers are scum bags and i personally was hesitant about becoming one bc of the bs that they are normally associated with. Glad i dont have to deal with it where i am.

Good luck in your purchase

thats why i buy my cars around feb/march... feb short month not a lot of room for comish, then if the guy didnt have a banner feb they have to make up for it in march... dying to sell you shit those two months... ppl always said august... fuck that, i want my shit before the summer then kick it to the curb after...

which dealership do you work for~!? ive never sold cars, but i would imagine its prolly the easiest shit to do...