Clubplanet Nightlife Community

workout opinion(s) needed

Hey all. been reading over a buncha the posts in here and we seem to have quite a few members that have great info on fitness, so I thought I'd toss this up.

Started getting back into fitness recently. Been running outside with the pups 30-45min a few times a week with a HRM, keeping it in the 70-80% range for fat burning. Also have a home weight set with bench, curl and dumbbells. Been hitting that a few times a week but not with any preset plan. I was trying to put together my own and ran across this one, I wanted to get some feed back on its content.

I'm about 6'6 255 or so with a naturall large frame, BMI is far to high and I'd like to lose about 10-15% (prefer 15%) body fat. I'd like to do this over the course of the next 6 months.. not sure how realistic that is. I dont care about body weight, as long as the bodyfat is lowered. I dont want to be ripped, just tone and in better shape. I'm 31 so I wont ever look like I did when I was 18 in HS football.. :(

I plan to run daily or every other day (depending on life) for 30-45 min in the morning. I eat about 2000 calories a day with 5 to 6 meals a day. Fast food maybe once a month for the craving, no soda, little to no alch, no drugs. I take multivitamin, vitc, fish oil caps and glutocimine (joint stuff), twice daily with meals. I think I am to low on protein but will be adding in a protein shake or 2 next week.

This is the main workout cycle, with details on the link.

Monday: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Traps

Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Wednesday: Cardio, Abs

Thursday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Friday: rest.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13weekfatburningworkout.php

Thoughts?

Hey all. been reading over a buncha the posts in here and we seem to have quite a few members that have great info on fitness, so I thought I'd toss this up.

Started getting back into fitness recently. Been running outside with the pups 30-45min a few times a week with a HRM, keeping it in the 70-80% range for fat burning. Also have a home weight set with bench, curl and dumbbells. Been hitting that a few times a week but not with any preset plan. I was trying to put together my own and ran across this one, I wanted to get some feed back on its content.

I'm about 6'6 255 or so with a naturall large frame, BMI is far to high and I'd like to lose about 10-15% (prefer 15%) body fat. I'd like to do this over the course of the next 6 months.. not sure how realistic that is. I dont care about body weight, as long as the bodyfat is lowered. I dont want to be ripped, just tone and in better shape. I'm 31 so I wont ever look like I did when I was 18 in HS football.. :(

I plan to run daily or every other day (depending on life) for 30-45 min in the morning. I eat about 2000 calories a day with 5 to 6 meals a day. Fast food maybe once a month for the craving, no soda, little to no alch, no drugs. I take multivitamin, vitc, fish oil caps and glutocimine (joint stuff), twice daily with meals. I think I am to low on protein but will be adding in a protein shake or 2 next week.

This is the main workout cycle, with details on the link.

Tuesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Wednesday: Cardio, Abs

Thursday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Friday: rest.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13weekfatburningworkout.php

Thoughts?

as long as u do 20 minutes of excersie a day, u will see improvement in everthing

also, when it comes to cardio, it's not about distance and how long you run.. it's about intensity. Instead of a light jog for an hour, a fast paced jog for 30mins will be much more effective. You seem to be on the right track, just make sure you stay away from fatty foods and stick with your program.

you might want to try moving the rest day to weds, and pushing back everything else.

its weird to see a program like that which is 4 days in a row and then a 3 day break. I understand that you are working different areas each day, but the rest would help.

props on your workout, seems pretty solid

you might want to try moving the rest day to weds, and pushing back everything else.

its weird to see a program like that which is 4 days in a row and then a 3 day break. I understand that you are working different areas each day, but the rest would help.

props on your workout, seems pretty solid

yeah he's right.. if anything do your work out in this order:

Tuesday: Cardio, Abs

Wednesday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Thursday: rest

Friday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves