Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Accepted to Medical School

Just wanted to let everybody know that I just recieved my acceptance letter to medical school today. I have been away from the boards abit lately, traveling to different schools for interviews and trying to finish up this last semester of school.

But, now things should slow down a bit for me (at least until august) so I will have more time for the boards.

Nautica

Just wanted to let everybody know that I just recieved my acceptance letter to medical school today. I have been away from the boards abit lately, traveling to different schools for interviews and trying to finish up this last semester of school.

But, now things should slow down a bit for me (at least until august) so I will have more time for the boards.

Nautica

Congrats? Where at?

UAMS, Arkansas - My State School.

Thanks, its been alot of working closing down my business and trying to get accepted to med school at the same time. What a relief.

Nautica

did you have to go back to school to take some prerequisites?? i really wanna take the mcats and apply, but i still need to take some pre req classes...ive been very hesitant lately

did you have to go back to school to take some prerequisites?? i really wanna take the mcats and apply, but i still need to take some pre req classes...ive been very hesitant lately

I am ignorant about this topic, but I wouldn't believe that med school requires certain pre req courses. I know of people who majored in non-scientific areas such as history, getting into med school. For all I know though, i could be wrong.

Yes, there are prereqs. These are the major areas which are required.

1 year physics]

1 year chem

1 year organic

9 hours of biology

But, in my situation, I graduated in 94 with a business degree and had a 2 point GPA. Most med schools require a GPA of a 3 point to get in.

So what I have done is in 3 years: I completed 126 hours and recieved a biology degree. AND most importantly carried a 4 point so that my orginal 2 point could be averaged out to a 3 point, in order to meet the minimum. Then of course, when I applied I explained to them that the 2 point was from 1994 so they basically over looked it.

The other requirement is of course the MCAT, which is not as bad as most say.

If anybody is hesitant about doing this, I say go for it. It can be done if you put your mind to it. I was in the Real Estate investment business and during this 3 years I was also working and selling off assets. Oh, and did I mention that I am 33 and have a wife and 3 children.

Nautica

1 year physics]

1 year chem

1 year organic

9 hours of biology

But, in my situation, I graduated in 94 with a business degree and had a 2 point GPA. Most med schools require a GPA of a 3 point to get in.

So what I have done is in 3 years: I completed 126 hours and recieved a biology degree. AND most importantly carried a 4 point so that my orginal 2 point could be averaged out to a 3 point, in order to meet the minimum. Then of course, when I applied I explained to them that the 2 point was from 1994 so they basically over looked it.

If anybody is hesitant about doing this, I say go for it. It can be done if you put your mind to it. I was in the Real Estate investment business and during this 3 years I was also working and selling off assets. Oh, and did I mention that I am 33 and have a wife and 3 children.

Nautica

Congrats :rock: :rock:

As someone who did his degreezzzz early in his life, i know how hard it is. Congrats. Dont disappear on us, ur posts are always great.

1 year physics]

1 year chem

1 year organic

9 hours of biology

Nautica

Congrats, bro. Med school plus residency is a long road, but I still believe it's one of the best careers. If you want to be a doctor, there is no other career that will satisfy you. Stay focused on your goals, and remember (no bullshit from someone who knows): In the end, it'll all be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

house..... so true but w alot less gore, and sometimes bussier real life is a lil more gorey, and yes people do stupid shit like the things they show on tv, unbelieveable

Elite - i love those med shows ER, Greys Anatomy...how real is that shizzz?