Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some "housedancing" clips for ya to enjoy!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!

Well, I guest people will post anything to diss something. Newsflash: CEBO is from NY living in Japan, and Tatsuo is a student of more than one NY dancer. Also, remember, doesn't matter where dancers are from, but, you can never generalize a place. You would need to get out more, if you never saw dancers in NY dance like that. There are too many clubs in NY with dancers that get down to house music that many people haven't seen. Get out more.

Cebo is good, and he won the first ever House Dance Conference contest. Tatsuo is okay as well. I was one of his teachers for years; but, there were others from NY. THere is so much people don't know. These clips of dancers on the internet are shows. A show only shows what a dancer wants to show people, and it's for money, so, they are going to do what works; not really what they feel. When you see a dancer dance what they feel, it's a whole different story.

GOD BLESS ALL and KEEP DANCING,

Brian Footwork GReen

I now that Cebo is from the New York scene. I have gotten to watch many great circles in New York at Shelter, Aint nothing but a house Party, your party and many other events.... I own many dance DVDs, I have taken house classes. I love house music in all aspects from hard tribal to the deep&soulful. But I was trying to come from a different point of view. That of the clubber that goes to Crobar, Pacha, Spirit. not from the deep house scene, where the dancers leark. It seem that in the mega clubs other than the occassional BBoy, the art of dance is lost. I am often asked "how long have you been breaking for?" when I can't even six step. A kid once told me he liked how I top rocked. I concider my self a house dancer, I think I'm decent. I understand the fundamentals I don't look or move anything like a bboy when I dance. I like the acrobatic aspect of the dance and am learning to apply it, but the movements are cleary not of a bboy. I am a student of capoeira and that is what I use as my acrobatic foundation. Anyway, to get to my point is I would love to see a more advance house dance in the mega clubs. Not the fist pumping two step shuffle or bboying. But you are right I choose the wrong words.