Clubplanet Nightlife Community

diet supplements?

Hello everyone. Just started a new diet and exercise regimen and was wondering if there were any good diet supplements that I could use in addition to my new diet plan. How are those one-a-day weight smart pills? I heard they're supposed to speed up your metabolism and reduce cravings? Is there any truth to this? Any help/advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

i tried hydroxycut, xenedrin, and staker III in college and hated it in the end. although it did wonders for the time being. going off it it sucked. my metabolism slowed and i got headaches for a week.

i'd go all natural and drink green tea for a slight boost in metabolism. ((but again, thats what happened to me, and everybodies body reacts differently))

i know what you mean...i got sick of being hyped up on caffeine 24/7 so i stopped after a week...it did what i wanted it to do though...i just wanted to lose five pounds...it works, but i think that i have a really low tolerance to caffeine, i felt like i was cracked out or something lol

xenadrine hi-nrg worked pretty well for me...it made me hella energetic, i wasnt hungry, and i lost 5 lbs after doing it for like a week...just be sure to take them only in the mornings and early afternoons or youll have a really hard time falling asleep

yeah, i think i'm going to try xenadrine but there's like 3 different kinds....do they still make the one you used cause all i saw was xendaring-nrg?!?!

I personally take...

Multi vitamin (GNC mega man, will replace when out with something else)

fish oil caps

glucosamine (joint stuff)

1000mg vitc

vitE

Looking at getting some stuff mentioned in another thread to add to it.

twice daily with meals and I find I have tons more energy with working out\cardio\etc.

I personally take...

Multi vitamin (GNC mega man, will replace when out with something else)

fish oil caps

glucosamine (joint stuff)

1000mg vitc

vitE

what does FISH OIL do for you? i keep hearing people taking them. vitamin wise i currently take gnc womens ultra mega

what does FISH OIL do for you? i keep hearing people taking them. vitamin wise i currently take gnc womens ultra mega

its all about the omega3 fatty acids. I DONT eat fish in my diet..so figured id add this because of it.

those multi's are good. i dont know anything about womans diets\needs but i would think women should take a calcium supplement unless they drink loads of milk (which i personally think is liquid fat with a little calcium in it). u might wannt hit up the doc and chat with a nutrionalist to get some ideas fit for your body instead of the general 'whats good for a woman' info

Just from personal use I take the one a day weight smart and haven't noticed any effect on my energy level too much, but I am not affected by caffeine I used to be a coke/coffee/mountain dew aholic lol.

For calcium viactiv is wicked good, a little chocolate treat yum

Like mentioned above it contains Omega 3 Fatty acids, which are essential fatty acids in that the body can not produce them to the extent needed. So, a person must take these in from an external source. Salmon is the best if you like fish. But, if you dont eat fish like gamb, then the fish oil or flaxseed oil is the next best thing.

These are extremely important for overall physical and mental health and are underestimated in the dieting world. They are also CIS unsaturated fatty acids, which will bind with trans fats as well as saturated fats (to some extent) inside the body and help remove them. Hence, fat reduction, trigliceride reduction and it will also help lower the bad chlorest and improve the good.

Nautica

its all about the omega3 fatty acids. I DONT eat fish in my diet..so figured id add this because of it.

those multi's are good. i dont know anything about womans diets\needs but i would think women should take a calcium supplement unless they drink loads of milk (which i personally think is liquid fat with a little calcium in it). u might wannt hit up the doc and chat with a nutrionalist to get some ideas fit for your body instead of the general 'whats good for a woman' info

I agree with you about the milk thing. If you do use milk to get your calcium from, drink skim milk. There are plenty of other sources of calcium. Green leafy veggies are load with calcium, lots of drinks are now fortified with calcium and of course supplements. If your diet is good and includes a wide variety of foods, you should not need to take a whole lot of additoinal calcium. And make sure you are also getting vit D, or the calium will not be utilized by the body (You body can produce enough vit D for calcium absorbtion, so long as you get 15-20 minutes in the sun).

nautica