Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Light Schilling at it again

bxbomb

shut the fuck up and stay on the DL you attention whore

Curt Schilling says Lou Piniella is to blame for the Red Sox and Devil Rays nearly coming to blows last Sunday.

And Piniella, the Devil Rays' intense manager, thinks the outspoken Red Sox pitcher is dead wrong.

Schilling, who went on the disabled list Wednesday with an unrelated injury, targeted Piniella on Tuesday on Boston's WEEI Radio.

"When you're playing a team with a manager who somehow forgot how the game is played, there's problems," Schilling said. "This should have been over a little bit ago. Lou's trying to make his team be a bunch of tough guys, and the telling sign is when the players on that team are saying, 'This is why we lose a hundred games a year, because this idiot makes us do stuff like this.' They were saying this on the field."

Piniella called a team meeting before Wednesday night's game at Toronto and issued a statement ripping Schilling.

"Forget how the game is played? I have forgotten more baseball than this guy knows," Piniella said.

"On the idiot subject, I'm appalled he would actually say something like that. I had a meeting with my team and to a man they denied it. He's questioning my character and integrity and that is wrong. He's never played for me, never really spoken to me, so he really doesn't know what I stand for.

"If I were Curt, I would be really embarrassed at the cheap shot he took and get the story correct. I'll tell you I've always admired his pitching ability and competitiveness, but I can honestly tell you I've lost a lot of respect for him. I'm looking forward to talking to Curt myself and get this matter cleared up," he said.

Schilling went on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday and will be out at least two weeks with a bruised right ankle. Schilling hurt himself while pitching at Tampa Bay on Saturday, and the bruise is on the same ankle Schilling had surgically repaired during the offseason.

It marks the second time in less than 24 hours that a Red Sox starter has gone on the 15-day disabled list. Left-hander David Wells was placed on the DL Tuesday with a sprained right foot and is expected to miss at least a month.

Piniella later said he had Tampa Bay's traveling secretary call Boston's traveling secretary to try to get a hold of Schilling. Piniella said he had yet to hear from Schilling before the Devil Rays-Blue Jays game.

"I was told Curt was going to call," Piniella said. "I'll he happy to pick up the phone if that's what it takes."

Piniella and Devil Rays pitchers Lance Carter and Dewon Brazelton were ejected Sunday, as were Boston manager Terry Francona, starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo and outfielder Trot Nixon. The ejections in the seventh inning followed a sequence of inside pitches and the two scuffles.

The teams have a history of games involving beanballs, including a fight between Pedro Martinez and Gerald Williams on Aug. 29, 2000.

Tampa Bay starter Scott Kazmir and Piniella were ejected from a game last September after Kazmir hit Manny Ramirez and Kevin Millar in a span of four pitches. That came one inning after Arroyo hit two batters.

Piniella disputed Schilling's claims in the statement.

"He talks about making our players tough guys. Well, we do that quite well here but we don't do it by advocating fighting or throwing at opposing hitters. I don't know how many meetings I have had with my pitching coach on this subject," Piniella said.

"The problem is, Curt has a short memory. He doesn't remember when he was a young pitcher. We have a lot of young pitchers here and they're trying to learn to pitch at the big league level. Our kids are learning to pitch inside and they have to do that to survive up here. Nobody here wants anyone hit, believe me," he said.

this is the type of shit that makes me despise the Red Sox...I can't fucking stand this guy and before him it was guys like Pedro and a few others

now I :heart: Pedro though!

I cant wait till your Mets are in the cellar......again

enjoy last place with a heavy payroll again fucker

and you really think Boston will win again??

last year was a fluke..

why would you doubt them?

they have a stronger pitching staff (if it were healthy) and the same lineup just about with an upgrade at shortstop

watch...it'll be Red Sox/Cardinals again in the series

question....which hotel was this in San Diego?

btw, mets still suck donkey dick

Couldn't tell you...I went there for a baseball tournament a long time ago and the Mariners and the Dodgers were both staying at the same hotel as us. I think it was right when interleague play first started....Piazza was still with the Dodgers and Griffey was with Seattle. It was pretty cool chillin with alot of them.

I met curt schilling at a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey play-off game back in 1996... the phillies were in town playing the pirates.... he was very cool and let us take pics with him... even chatted with us girls for like 10 mins :)

BUT imo, I think he was a little off base here talking shit about Lou....

Let me just say that he did not come out and hold a press conference and say that shit. He was on a radio show and the guys on the show asked questions they knew would produce these kinds of comments.

he still said what he said, and it was over the airwaves so it wasnt out of context .

So what is your and JOnStephens take on the actual comments ?..not how he decided to bring his oh so important message to the masses?

I was just making it clear that he did not call up just to say this shit. He was asked and he voiced his opinion, i think it is better then the cookie cutter shit most athletes say.

He likes to talk, he has strong opinions, and he is pretty good. If he sucked I would say shut the hell up but he is a almost hof'er and brought us a ring. HE can talk all he wants in my book.

I was just making it clear that he did not call up just to say this shit. He was asked and he voiced his opinion, i think it is better then the cookie cutter shit most athletes say.

He likes to talk, he has strong opinions, and he is pretty good. If he sucked I would say shut the hell up but he is a almost hof'er and brought us a ring. HE can talk all he wants in my book.

i m sure id take the same stance if for some reason God hated me and made ame a bosox fan too.

im just sick of the guy cuz: A) he has beat the yanks twice in huge spots and

B) he is an attention whore that just doesnt shut the fuck up whether its stumping for George bush , bashing other mgrs ,players , telling yankee fans hes gonna shut them up or even way back when showing up Mitch williams during the series vs toronto with that act of his on the bench anytime williams came in for him.

BUT once again JTK what is your take/opinion on the comments ?

i m sure id take the same stance if for some reason God hated me and made ame a bosox fan too.

im just sick of the guy cuz: A) he has beat the yanks twice in huge spots and

B) he is an attention whore that just doesnt shut the fuck up whether its stumping for George bush , bashing other mgrs ,players , telling yankee fans hes gonna shut them up or even way back when showing up Mitch williams during the series vs toronto with that act of his on the bench anytime williams came in for him.

BUT once again JTK what is your take/opinion on the comments ?

well, comments like that are better left kept to yourself...but thats not the way Curt Schilling is (ie, the congressional hearings). He voices his opinion and isnt afraid to tell it like it is. Is what he said completely fabricatd? doubt it. Is there any truth to what he was saying? almost positive. But the fact is he shouldnt have said it at all.....

Whats done is done and the only thing left to do is move on and focus on more pressing matters....like getting him back and healthy

he threw Zimmer down when Zimmer came swinging at him..

i would have done the same thing.

dont even compare pedro to schilling..

fuckin guy opens up churchs with his money..

pedro is a stand up guy..

not like that piece of shit schilling..

he'll have a sub par year this year anyway..

not even close...what was the worst thing Pedro did/said?....throw Don Zimmer down to the floor?...that old fuck deserved it!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why do you suppose Zimmer came at him? I believe it was because Pedro was having a meltdown on the mound and decided to throw at Karim Garcia's head on purpose... He has a well deserved reputation as a headhunter... You guys have a very selective memory... Yankee fans had it with Clemens. You wouldn't be giving him all this praise if he was still on the Sox...