Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Magellanmax.... Why so quiet...

Is it the fact that the Yanks have won 9 in a row...

Or maybe the fact we only trail Boston by 2.5...

Or maybe that we are only 5 games behind Baltimore now...

Wait maybe it is because all who have been abusing Cano have nothing to say.

Or maybe the fact that Womack seems to steal successfully whenever he reaches base...

Or maybe because the 2 come back wins were give to the "washed up Williams" and the Roided, good for nothing Giambi.

Maybe the fact that the Rookie is pitching lights out ball...

You can't say Seattle is tooooo bad, because the won the last series over Boston...

Maybe it is because Tino continues to hit. With his average above .280 with 8 HR's in 9 games, and 11 in his last 13...

Is it because the Yankees pitchers are coming around? Or maybe the line up that has woken up, and woken up at all the right times.

I am sure you will have some nifty answers for me when you return from your hole. And trust me, I know we still have plenty of ground to cover... But just remember something... Yanks SWEPT Seattle and you couldn't win the series... And the Yanks Swept Oakland, and you drop the series opener...

Have a nice day... I am sure I missed some stuff I could have posted... But I will hold back for now and give you a chance to catch up to these.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seattle and oakland suck ass. i think we'll see where the yankees really stand after next week when they face higher quality opposition. but they have been starting to play more as a cohesive unit.

lets go O's!

seattle and oakland suck ass. i think we'll see where the yankees really stand after next week when they face higher quality opposition. but they have been starting to play more as a cohesive unit.

lets go O's!

Yeah.. they suck ass so bad that the Bosox can't seem to handle them.. :laugh2:

And Magellan is NOT quiet, I woke up to very rude IMs from last nite lol..

Yeah.. they suck ass so bad that the Bosox can't seem to handle them.. :laugh2:

And Magellan is NOT quiet, I woke up to very rude IMs from last nite lol..

some teams just have a hard time with others and no matter how good another team might be sometimes you just cant beat another team.

look at the O's record last year against the yankees and red sox.

angels have seemed to match up quite well against the yankees the last few years while the sox seem to have their number.

dodgers-padres is another example over the years as well. the pad's would lose over 100 games in a year but would always manage to spoil the dodgers season someway by beating them 5 out of 6 down the stretch. weird.

but yeah, the yankees have picked it up the last few games, all against the mariners and a's. next few series should give a better gauge of where the yankees are.

some teams just have a hard time with others and no matter how good another team might be sometimes you just cant beat another team.

angels have seemed to match up quite well against the yankees the last few years while the sox seem to have their number.

dodgers-padres is another example over the years as well. the pad's would lose over 100 games in a year but would always manage to spoil the dodgers season someway by beating them 5 out of 6 down the stretch. weird.

but yeah, the yankees have picked it up the last few games, all against the mariners and a's. next few series should give a better gauge of where the yankees are.

All this is known, and understood... Basically what I was writing was in response to all his... "Yanks Have Not Beaten A Team Of Substance" issue. So it had to be thrown back at him, even though we all know neither team is really good. Both teams that we swept, Boston could not even win the series.

Mets... This is going to be fun, finally a series I can find more interest in...

All this is known, and understood... Basically what I was writing was in response to all his... "Yanks Have Not Beaten A Team Of Substance" issue. So it had to be thrown back at him, even though we all know neither team is really good. Both teams that we swept, Boston could not even win the series.

Mets... This is going to be fun, finally a series I can find more interest in...

werd. if the yankees are truly back, then it will be a helluva AL east.

lets go O's! :hat:

Like I said to some people yesterday - it doesn't matter what teams we're beating, the fact is, we're beating them.

It figures that when it comes to the Yankees, people always try to make up excuses as to why they aren't great.

And Boston doesn't have a "hard time" against those teams, they beat them when they were over here on the east. They just lost, plain and simple, just like we beat them, plain and simple.

I love how people try to discredit this streak because of the teams they have beaten. It's not like you can pick who you want to play. You play who's on the schedule and it just so happens that Oakland & Seattle were on it. The streak is what it is... Doesn't matter it it's the A's or the Red Sox, it counts the same in the standings...

Like I said to some people yesterday - it doesn't matter what teams we're beating, the fact is, we're beating them.

It figures that when it comes to the Yankees, people always try to make up excuses as to why they aren't great.

And Boston doesn't have a "hard time" against those teams, they beat them when they were over here on the east. They just lost, plain and simple, just like we beat them, plain and simple.

well same thing with yankees fans, they go on a winning streak and they are world champs all of a sudden and all the bad play is forgotten. all i am saying the next few games against the mets, tigers and red sox should give a better gauge of where they are at. for all we know, the go 2-7 the next 9 games and they are back where they started.

while on any given day anyone can beat anyone, there is a reason why the a's and m's are 15-23 - they arent all that good.

i think the yankees are 11-5 against the AL west (9-1 against the m's and a's)

9-14 against the tougher AL east. those are the numbers. a's have the second worse hitting pct. in MLB. m's are 8 from the bottom. their ERA's are as bad as the yankees.

we'll see in the next 2 weeks.

I love how people try to discredit this streak because of the teams they have beaten. It's not like you can pick who you want to play. You play who's on the schedule and it just so happens that Oakland & Seattle were on it. The streak is what it is... Doesn't matter it it's the A's or the Red Sox, it counts the same in the standings...

so if you guys werent all that worried when they got off to an 11-19 start (or were you?), why are you so excited that they've won 9 in a row against bad teams? this is what the yankees should be doing anyways.

well same thing with yankees fans, they go on a winning streak and they are world champs all of a sudden and all the bad play is forgotten. all i am saying the next few games against the mets, tigers and red sox should give a better gauge of where they are at. for all we know, the go 2-7 the next 9 games and they are back where they started.

while on any given day anyone can beat anyone, there is a reason why the a's and m's are 15-23 - they arent all that good.

i think the yankees are 11-5 against the AL west (9-1 against the m's and a's)

9-14 against the tougher AL east. those are the numbers. a's have the second worse hitting pct. in MLB. m's are 8 from the bottom. their ERA's are as bad as the yankees.

we'll see in the next 2 weeks.

There is nothing wrong with Yankees fans being excited about a 9 game winning streak. A 9 game winning streak for any team is something to get excited about.

It's funny because when the Yankees were sucking, people weren't like: oh they're playing a good team right now, we'll see where they are in a few weeks - no, the Yankees SUCKED, the Yankees were washed up, the Yankees were going down, ETC..

But when they start to win, suddenly it's like, oh well we'll see what happens next week. The Yankees aren't really doing well, they're just playing crappy teams, blah blah blah..

And this is not directed to you viccc, you know I :heart: you - but I'm sick of this shit. Everyone was so quick to IM me all through the beginning of the season and laugh and mock how bad the Yankees were playing. And now that they're winning, people are just making excuses - people love to fucking hate.

Why can't a kudos be given to a team that's been horribly struggling? Obviously they're gonna lose plenty of more games in the season, but how can anyone deny how well they're playing right now? It's beyond me how closed off people can be.

so if you guys werent all that worried when they got off to an 11-19 start (or were you?), why are you so excited that they've won 9 in a row against bad teams? this is what the yankees should be doing anyways.

Of course we were worried, no one likes to see a dominating team like the Yankees play so poorly - and when your team NO MATTER WHAT TEAM has been playing poorly and then snaps out of it to win 9 in a row, WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING HAPPY?

I don't get it.

There is nothing wrong with Yankees fans being excited about a 9 game winning streak. A 9 game winning streak for any team is something to get excited about.

It's funny because when the Yankees were sucking, people weren't like: oh they're playing a good team right now, we'll see where they are in a few weeks - no, the Yankees SUCKED, the Yankees were washed up, the Yankees were going down, ETC..

But when they start to win, suddenly it's like, oh well we'll see what happens next week. The Yankees aren't really doing well, they're just playing crappy teams, blah blah blah..

And this is not directed to you viccc, you know I :heart: you - but I'm sick of this shit. Everyone was so quick to IM me all through the beginning of the season and laugh and mock how bad the Yankees were playing. And now that they're winning, people are just making excuses - people love to fucking hate.

Why can't a kudos be given to a team that's been horribly struggling? Obviously they're gonna lose plenty of more games in the season, but how can anyone deny how well they're playing right now? It's beyond me how closed off people can be.

:hug:

codi rawks!

:love:

It's not that I'm excited. It's just a reaction to all the Yankee haters who thought the sky was falling when they were losing... If they're going to dish it out when we're down, I'm sure as hell gonna give it back when we're back on steady ground. That's how this board works....

Cody, forget the scores, and the teams that were beaten. The level of play is progressing. And that is what matters. Bad team or good team, the Yanks are playing alot better then they were in the beginning of the season.

Yeah for others, they will use the "You played a shit team" well when the Yanks were playing like shit, they were losing to bad teams as well. I mean the RAYS made us look like amateurs. So playing a good team, or playing a bad team, you can still see the difference in play. You can see they are getting hits when they need to get hits, they are running, they are making runs, the bottom of the order is shaping up. And with the recent moves things are looking better.

More to come... I have to finish something.

Watch yourself biatch, you're going down this weekend! :D

Easy sweep for the Mets this weekend...like I said before ---> :bored:

I'm not worried in the least bit...There are more important games coming up like the Braves and Marlins next week.

Subway series is just another set of games to me.