Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Magellanmax.... Why so quiet...

And this is not directed to you viccc, you know I :heart: you - but I'm sick of this shit. Everyone was so quick to IM me all through the beginning of the season and laugh and mock how bad the Yankees were playing. And now that they're winning, people are just making excuses - people love to fucking hate.

Why can't a kudos be given to a team that's been horribly struggling? Obviously they're gonna lose plenty of more games in the season, but how can anyone deny how well they're playing right now? It's beyond me how closed off people can be.

so now you know what I've been dealing with since I understood sports until last year.....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actually a padres fan. i just want someone else to go to the play offs from the AL east.

how so the padres?

interesting because now since I live in deygo I catch a lot of the games....getting to know the team more and more and now starting to root for them

congrats you are what a game over .500 and 2.5 games behind a team that is missing its top 2 starters and a half game behind toronto. You needed to win 9 in a row to pull into 3rd place in the division :bowdown:

congrats you are what a game over .500 and 2.5 games behind a team that is missing its top 2 starters and a half game behind toronto. You needed to win 9 in a row to pull into 3rd place in the division :bowdown:

Wahhhhhhhh my 2 top starters are injured.... there also gay.

sweet comeback??? no merely responding to your dismissing of a complete turn around in the yanks season and what im perceiving as excuses as why the Sux are not playing like defending champions

I am saying wait until you are in at least second place before you suck your own dick and last time i checked there are 6 put of 29 teams in the league with a better record then the sox how is that not playing like defending champs? And we are missing our best pitcher, take any of those 6 teams and take their best pitcher off and i bet they fall out of the top 10.

No one's denying the Yankees played for shit up until recently, but at the same time, you can't take away from the success that they're achieving right now.

A game over .500 is a big deal at this point lol..

I, for one, am quite pleased as of late. :)

I am saying wait until you are in at least second place before you suck your own dick and last time i checked there are 6 put of 29 teams in the league with a better record then the sox how is that not playing like defending champs? And we are missing our best pitcher, take any of those 6 teams and take their best pitcher off and i bet they fall out of the top 10.

where in this thread have i sucked my own dick....i actually can, but no doing so at the moment(dont be jealous nubby)

its so easy for yank haters here to have COMPLETELY written them off and now there right back in it ,so this thread is posted for that reason

and your telling me the sox are playing like Champs right now????

best pitcher is out... curt has pitched like a DOG so far

yeah in his 2 starts there was something wrong thus his stop on the DL.

I have said a shat load of times that the yanks were not done and ill link them if you want. Top 6 in record is not the best but I will take it considering the injuries.

Baltimore is playing great ball right now without an outfield, beating the white sox and all, I am still waiting for brian roberts to remember he is brian roberts and not ernie banks or joe morgan.

yeah in his 2 starts there was something wrong thus his stop on the DL.

I have said a shat load of times that the yanks were not done and ill link them if you want. Top 6 in record is not the best but I will take it considering the injuries.

Baltimore is playing great ball right now without an outfield, beating the white sox and all, I am still waiting for brian roberts to remember he is brian roberts and not ernie banks or joe morgan.

i know YOU(only non yank fan to realize it) have understood that it was so early in the season , which is why i was surprised at your intial post on this thread. and it is also why i think the thread was addressed to magellmoron.

and yeh Baltimore will earn my concern if there still playing like this come end of june.. i still dont believe in those starters .

i know YOU(only non yank fan to realize it) have understood that it was so early in the season , which is why i was surprised at your intial post on this thread. and it is also why i think the thread was addressed to magellmoron.

and yeh Baltimore will earn my concern if there still playing like this come end of june.. i still dont believe in those starters .

bedard is for real and rincon is pretty good(at least against the sox and yanks). Ponson is a big fat guy that i would love to see go against cc sabathia in a steel cage match. I am waiting for them to break down but i thought it would of happened already.

The suck your own dick was really pointed at the first post. How can you take the first 20 games and say they are not real but then take the last 10 are for real.

Tino will not keep up this pace, wang has not been lights out as his 4.50 era indicates, womack is not ricky henderson, cano has only had 45 at bats so I am not saying one way or the other if he is good, williams and giambi are still only batting .215 combined.

Thats all I am saying, when you drop 19 of 30 its early but when you win 9 out of 10 then its time to start printing the world series tickets.

The Yanks have a rookie pitcher, in the place of what should have been a good pitcher.

The Yanks have Cano, a rookie starting...

The Yanks have a man in left field that has never played left field in his life.

The Yanks move Matsui over to Center, as he has not been there in 3 years. And according to most Yankee haters he is not good enough in center.

The Yanks have yet to get good offense from Matsui and posada and still make up for it.

Stop the bitching about your 2 "great" starters. It really is sad how that is your only response at this point. It is funny how you can put down the Yanks, who were playing like a Single A ball club a in the beginning and have turned around quite a bit.

2 Pitchers on the DL is a very poor excuse... Lets just say Schilling re-injures himself. A good ball club should be able to make up for the loss. It should not sit on the shoulders of one or 2 men, correct???

Aside from that, what do your pitchers have to do with the fact that your team cannot score??? 3 runs on Oakland is pretty pathetic considering they have no pitching.

Oh and by the way, the Yanks pitching staff is not the hottest. I don't know if you have noticed that. None of the pitchers have pitched to potential as of yet ( Moose had a few good outings ) And I believe Johnson has had maybe 1 or 2 lights out games. And they still manage to score enough runs to compensate.

Besides all this... according to you BOSTON fans... The Yanks are all washed up, they suck, they are this, and they are that. So what is that saying for Boston at this point when they can't pull together??? What does that have to Say about Boston who is about to lose their seat to the Yankees???

And considering you guys still consider Baltimore to be so so, forget the Yankees at this point. Why are you not in first place.

It is amazing how you people cannot give credit where credit is due... 9 straight games is no fluke. And by all means does not mean they cannot lose the next 9... But if you ask me, their game has changed from the beginning of the season, and to deny that, it is just pure ignorance.

Damn I type to much...

bedard is for real and rincon is pretty good(at least against the sox and yanks). Ponson is a big fat guy that i would love to see go against cc sabathia in a steel cage match. I am waiting for them to break down but i thought it would of happened already.

The suck your own dick was really pointed at the first post. How can you take the first 20 games and say they are not real but then take the last 10 are for real.

Tino will not keep up this pace, wang has not been lights out as his 4.50 era indicates, womack is not ricky henderson, cano has only had 45 at bats so I am not saying one way or the other if he is good, williams and giambi are still only batting .215 combined.

Thats all I am saying, when you drop 19 of 30 its early but when you win 9 out of 10 then its time to start printing the world series tickets.

No one is saying that...

When the Yanks dropped 19 of 30 every non Yankee fan was licking their chops like we were gonna lose 100 and turn into the Devil Rays all of a sudden. So now that they've won 9 straight all the nay-sayers are getting a little of it back. That's all this is. Through the ebb & flow of the season there's gonna be plenty of this. Now that the Mets think they're good it's going to be worse than it normally is. Honestly I think the WS is pretty wide open at this point...

Well considering you guys bitch about the Yankees salary all the time. This statement alone shows that it is not the money that is winning the games. As both Giambi, and Williams are not contributing much at all and the last I checked, the 2 of them combined make up about $30mil of the payroll.

Secondly, Wang has a 4.5 ERA, but come on now, he has not pitched many games at all. And of course your first appearence in pinstripes is not always going to be your best. It takes a little time to adjust, calm down, and pitch the game that you should pitch...

How can you predict Tino not keeping up the pace... Now I am not going to say he will stay on pace with the homers... Cause at this pace he will hit about 100 by the end of the season. So that is a no-brainer. But it is funny how you guys insult Tino... He is one of the better first basemen in the league and has always been a .280 hitter. So to keep up his current pace, I don't think he will be as consistant, again because at this pace he will be batting .450 - .500 by seasons end. So yeah as things will slow down, he will still be great for the Yanks, and do what he has always done, hit in the clutch, win games for the Yanks, and be a good person to have in the clubhouse and bring this ballclub up when they are down.

As far as printing out WS tickets. That just sounds like something someone would say that is affraid of the recent playing of a team finally showing what they are made of. No one here said anything about the WS. Yankee fans, of course, are going to be excited about 9 straight. Yankee fans are going to be excited to be facing teams like Boston in the near future.

The problem is. If and when we beat on Boston, you guys will be crying something else. It is never ending. You guys say that we buy championships one week, and the next you say how the Yanks waste money on washed up players that will never win anything. At least stick to one issue or the other.

As a Yankee fan, it is a lose/lose situation. We are fucked if we win, and fucked if we lose. There will always be someone pointing something out no matter the direction. So hate all you want. I guess the season is long. We will see what happens come September/October.

No one is saying that...

When the Yanks dropped 19 of 30 every non Yankee fan was licking their chops like we were gonna lose 100 and turn into the Devil Rays all of a sudden. So now that they've won 9 straight all the nay-sayers are getting a little of it back. That's all this is. Through the ebb & flow of the season there's gonna be plenty of this. Now that the Mets think they're good it's going to be worse than it normally is. Honestly I think the WS is pretty wide open at this point...

Jesus Christ...you gotta be kidding me..."think they're good?"

Yanks have the same damn record as the Mets - do you "think" they're good? Get 10 games over .500 then run your mouths, cause with that God-Awful payroll, y'all should be playing AT LEAST that kind of ball

No one is saying that...

Good points...

And I remember myself saying this in the beginning of the season. Although I was down on the team. I specifically said, when the Yanks start playing like the Yanks, just be prepared for some backlash. Cause it is the same shit every year. Boston explodes in the beginning of the season, the Yanks slack in the beginning of the season, as if it were written in some movie or some shit. When the Yanks click, they click. It is as simple as that.

But how about you guys be "baseball" fans instead of strict Yankee haters and realize when a team is playing good ball.

Yanks have the same damn record as the Mets - do you "think" they're good? Get 10 games over .500 then run your mouths, cause with that God-Awful payroll, y'all should be playing AT LEAST that kind of ball

Another good point... Except the payroll issue... As the Mets are another team that play way below what they should for a payroll as high as theirs. Not sure what this year will produce. But for many years at over $100mil they have played like a minor league ball club.

On another not... My stepfather is a Die Hard Mets fan... And him and I go back and forth all the time. And his exact words were, the Mets finally have made some moves in the right direction, and if all they get is a .500 season out of it ( Which I believe it will be a bit better than that ) he would be happy. And he speaks the truth, as I am a baseball fan, and not just a Yankee lover, fuck the rest of the world type fan. I feel the Mets have made some vast improvement and are going to be a contending team this season. If not in the post season, they will headache any team contending for a place in the post season.

Name me the last 5 WS winners and tell me what their payrolls were....

Payrolls don't mean dick...